Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

About ACE MOD

Exactly - it's not a problem The Unsung. Did not mod compatible with the ACE. Someone likes ACE - it's his business. Not indicated, however, that all they have to do in accordance with the models. :)

Well technically it's just a stupid issue, both skyrider and f-100 inherits A10( i don't know why, i think that a base plane would be better), and A10 is marked as hidden by ACE2, the result, its that both planes dissapear. Solutions:

1-Make a simple addon that just changes the scope of the 2 planes. For example try this addon i am working on: http://www.armanam.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=280

It should work.

2-That the ussung team inherits a base plane instead of the A10 to avoid this kind of problems with other addons, or add scope = 2 in the definition of both planes(still its better to inherits the base plane).

This topic is going crazy ^^.

Edited by columdrum

could someone answer please? is arrowhead needed for this release?

I play with CO and don't have any problems with it (ALPHA Release). I think you'll be able to play with just OA

Just tried the mission where your team looks for a ammo/food cache. It was intense right up to when I stepped on a booby trap and got my @ss killed. lol :)

downloading them all now, will try it out tomorrow.

I play with CO and don't have any problems with it (ALPHA Release). I think you'll be able to play with just OA

I have only arma 2 without OA becouse its not working and i dont know why :-/. So just download it and try :-D

Nice work!

Anyone working on domi?

Any install guides for us noobs?

I suppose move sp_mission files to missions etc... and all others to @unsung\Addons?

Half the sp missions complain about some missing lowland seawhatnot stuff. And the mission I got to run gave me really really low fps. :(

Nice work!

Anyone working on domi?

Evo will be out in a few weeks :)

Gedis - I used arma II launcher so im not sure if i can add that txt :(

Gedis - I used arma II launcher so im not sure if i can add that txt :(

Good to hear.

@ columdrum

As I wrote, i like to play WITHOUT ACE, the ACE I think spoils the game - but it's my opinion and I do not recommend it to anyone he considered his. So please do not write that something is wrong because it does not work under ACE. Maybe time to consider the ACE is a bad thing ;) ? With all due respect for the creators of the ACE. It is not for me any exponent to which I have to adapt. And that's it. :)

For me all works without problems. Maybe because there is no unnecessary "enhancers" ?

Evo will be out in a few weeks

I'm looking forward :]

Edited by Yac

Lowlands map uploaded, link on front page for those who don't have it.

could someone answer please? is arrowhead needed for this release?

No mate we made it for arma 2, Operation Arrowhead NOT needed, however OA will run it just fine

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

holy moly guys, the torrent i'm seeding already has 110 leechers = all mods which exceed 500mb weight should upload to torrents.

P.S. files i'm seeding are already extracted(and grouped to mod folders of arma2 standarts) and weights 3.2 tons and, hoppefully nothing changed in new mirrors, so i gonna add lowlands to torrent.

lowlands couldn't be added to torrent since TPB doesn't support modifying torrent's files :(

Edited by Gedis

Congrats on the release.

I am looking forward to trying out all the new stuff

Nomad

Hi, which version of game is best to use for this mod? And is it possible to run this without arrowhead? im asking becouse ive terrible problem with arrowhead. It run for five minutes and than its gone :-(.

Apparently the latest BIS patch isnt that hot?

A2 runs fine... We have NOT made the jump over to OA yet... I run OA in the version prior to the 1.59 patch... so 1.57-1.58???

Both work well.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

The Unsung Mod (v RC2) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1718

Thanks Old Bear!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Thanks for the links!

A tip is to rename the part one link to part two on armanam ;)

Link:

http://www.armanam.com/datas/downloads/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_1_OF_5.rar

Also works:

http://www.armanam.com/datas/downloads/UNSUNG_MOD_ARMAII_R2_2_OF_5.rar

Cheeky fellow... They are slowly coming up online...

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Yeah i get that too, plus i get epic and i mean epic load times on S.E.A of around forty mins. Shame cos the map is stunning.

Check this out... BIS helped us out on this one...

Very nice... A2 v1.08 used to take 1m 48sec to load...

applying this to my target line: -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=0

Island now loads in 30.04 seconds.

Thank you for the heads up. Time to update OA...

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Awesome! Thank you ZiP!!! Thanks GranQ!!!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Also, there's no 'get in' pilot option in the sea knight. Should we be reporting bugs here, or elsewhere?

Cobra: gunner position, the m134 has no tracers nor any sort of bullet splash effect to know where you're shooting. Also, 'ripple all' option, shows nothing being fired, but has sound and the FFAR count decrease.

Post bugs here or on ARMANAM... we are recording...

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I have only arma 2 without OA becouse its not working and i dont know why :-/. So just download it and try :-D

A2 or OA, both work well...

We have not coded the configs yet to take advantage of some OA additions...

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Many thanks to the Community so far for the interest in our MOD and for helping us distribute the files.

Congrats on 2.0 guys.

I'll be seeding. (man that didn't sound to good)

Edited by Grub

Thanks to everyone so far for showing an interest in our MOD.

From what we can tell, the SP and MP missions did NOT make it into the DOWNLOADS.

Please see ARMANAM for the download link. Front page, bottom download link of the 2.0 Release news story... ~15mb file or so... Enjoy!

Thanks for mod so far it looks great! but i did had some problems when im on a map of UNSONG and whileplaying and i press M to go to the map its all black i dont have any thing there and another thing is but it could just be me or its just not in there yet but the super sabre and the skyraider, i cant find them at all??

I am not able to replicate the map error... Which map are you on?

For the Skyraider and Super Sabre, try this:

BLUFOR\UNSUNG\TAC AIR\

A-1J SKYRAIDER OR F-100 SUPER SABER

Anything else encountered, keep'em coming... we are recording...

days more like...

if i can get the editor to load - its like watching paint dry atm

my download from armedassault.info was actually ok - butwhen i uncompressed it some of the files got corrupted. when i tried to copy them to my C drive windows 7 locked up for 20 mins. i eventually isolated the file and then extracted it again from the 7zip file and it worked fine.

I'm wondering now (As the editor is taking 10+ mins to load) whether some ofthe other files didn't unpack properly.

I'm on a 64bit win 7 quadcore with 4gb ram and a 128gb solid state drive - shouldn't expect errors like this - i guess 7zip is a little perky with files this size maybe?

Edited by eggbeast

ACE apparently deletes both the F-100 and the Skyraider. Perhaps other mods do as well? Could use some investigating on that.

As for the map being black, that's probably done on purpose. Not every infantryman had a map in the 60's, and there was no such thing as GPS. There should be certain classes that have a map, such as radio operators, pilots, officers, etc. but I don't know if Unsung gave the map object to them or not.

(Basically, if there is no map object in your gear menu, (Down at the very very bottom of it. Much smaller icons) you won't be able to use the M map and it will show up as a black screen)