Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Gonna install a decent downloader while I wait. So looking forward to this!

Well since you are all waiting. This is how you can spend the time waiting:

- Spitshine your combat boots;

- Clean and grease your weaponry;

- Make sure none of your gear is making any sounds, so tape up any metal;

- Create a new jungle camo face pattern, red paint and bright colors are a no no;

- Dirty yourself up so you smell like rats and waterbuffalo, that way charlie won't smell ya;

- Make sure you remember the distress radio calls for medevac, arty support and CAS if the sh!t hit's the fan in the boonies (and be sure...it friggin' will!);

- Go down to mama san's for a coke and a smile and then a visit to the base medic for a anti cr0tch scratching shot;

- And ton's of other stuff to do...or....

...or.... you can press that refresh button endlessly untill you finally pass out just before the release is actually there. Your choice really :p

I´ll press the refresh button endlessly.

Been doing that for the past 5 hours. :D

yeah me too, it burns oh the horror !

Oh speaking of burning can any of the mod devs tell me about the napalm bombs that come with the new aircraft, do they have new napalm effects and sounds?

yeah me too, it burns oh the horror !

Oh speaking of burning can any of the mod devs tell me about the napalm bombs that come with the new aircraft, do they have new napalm effects and sounds?

Too funny...

The Super Sabre is coming with Mk82 bombs for now and its cannon.

The meat and potatoes is coming with the Skyraider... Bad bad aircraft... its literally like an eagle circling above pounding whatever is on the ground. Set up a little make shift base and watch what happens... beautiful aircraft designed by Yac... truly a work of art... along with the F-100... The Skyraider is coming with 5 (I believe) Napalm canisters for unexpecting targets. Now as far as the effects and sounds go, I believe I will have to back off and allow Steve to jump in here...

Hopefully, he is hovering around and can stop in...

But if you liked our initial release, we think you will enjoy this latest version of the MOD. Mind you, all of us here are Nam nuts and have played all of the Nam games in the past... We all sat back and thought... We can do this a better way... Just need a vehicle in which to get us there... OFP, ArmA, and now ArmA2... We hope you can see the evolution of our progress in this era of warfare.

Been doing that for the past 5 hours. :D

been doing this from last friday, also watching and sharing lots of documentaries, reading stories about 20th and 21st S.O.S, looking throught UNSEEN photo's of secret operations/vehicles/weaponry and man power involved - i'm lucky there are a lot of websites with increadible photos and stories O.O

i mean cmon, i have done my homework.

the most worrying thing is the performance of latest official BI patch... last line of defence is a full defrag, but i somehow don't think it'll help, or maybe it's just because of arma2 folder weighting 30 tons of goodies :|

P.S. option of winning a lottery is also not that great, since i don't believe in it = no new hand made rig for me untill i find a good job :( 5k of $ would be sweet to invest in PC parts...

at least my connection is good, last night i was dowloading latest BI official patch at 5.5MB/s speed and it was not from torrents (in 1min7sec - 528.8MB) :P

Edited by Gedis

well so far so good , they were telling the truth, it wasn't a april 1st prank (april 1st is over in more then half the world :p ) now the waiting continues

the most worrying thing is the performance of latest official BI patch...

Forgive me... I've been busy with wrapping this up...

How is 1.59 working? Is the game better on everyone's machines? Or did it make things worse?

Forgive me... I've been busy with wrapping this up...

How is 1.59 working? Is the game better on everyone's machines? Or did it make things worse?

worse indeed.(performance related)

Question - Will the Huey only be for the Army? Or are there Marine, and USAF textures too?

Question - Will the Huey only be for the Army? Or are there Marine, and USAF textures too?

Currently only US Army... I believe CSJ can make the others or has them, just not sure he has had the need to...

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

OK, press release has been sent...

Just the waiting game now for the news article and download link to be provided... Whenever they are prepared, it goes live... Not sure when that will be...

Re- Napalm,

The smoke/fire efx are in.The sounds for the fire etc are in.And wep,mag,ammo calculates dammage.

It works great for now but we are interested in optimizing and improving the setup.I am confident you guys will be satisfied for a while.

:)

Re- Napalm,

The smoke/fire efx are in.The sounds for the fire etc are in.And wep,mag,ammo calculates dammage.

It works great for now but we are interested in optimizing and improving the setup.I am confident you guys will be satisfied for a while.

:)

Excellent news steve GJ !

Where should we check for the download link, Armaholic or this thread?

Links will be posted here shortly, 5 parts in total. Others will follow shortly after.

ok great! I have been scanning this topic for weeks now :P

OK, press release has been sent...

Just the waiting game now for the news article and download link to be provided... Whenever they are prepared, it goes live... Not sure when that will be...

What sites have you sent this to? So I know where to F5.

Edited by andersson

Links will be posted here shortly, 5 parts in total. Others will follow shortly after.

here as well :)

This is similar to the expectation of the groom in the wedding night :D

Save you the hassle guys it should be here on the front page before anywhere else.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE