Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Jayrad: perhaps you should try updating your OA (v1.55) to the latest official patch (v1.57).

I'm sorry i meant to say 1.57 and I think i might be missing a required adddon or something like that. Are there any required addons for this besides Caa1 because i already have that.

If you have the vanilla version of A2 loaded, and the Unsung MOD is correctly set up... Then I would make sure that the @uns/@unsung expansion is active within OA...

Should be good to go. On issues such as this, we focus on the individual's machine and setup. The common mistake is setting up the MOD correctly. Did you load the initial release? And then the patch? The patch simply overwrites the original files. But that is needed in order to make sure you have ALL of the necessary files.

If you applied the patch and then the original files, you will have outdated files from the start that could throw errors.

Hope this helps.

I downloaded the initial release and then the patch. I can't check if it was activated in OA because the crash happens when i try to start OA and i know its this mod because it only happens when this mod is activated.

Wait a minute...

You said you are unable to check to see if the MOD is activated since the game crashes when you try to start...

Yet, you know its the MOD because it only happens when the MOD is activated.

I am not sure I understand your response. Starting with the initial files we had for the MOD, it never CTD on me... I would get to the desktop and errors would be thrown initially... but it is only when you go to the editor that the possibility of a CTD error would occur.

So the fact that you are experiencing a critical error the minute you fire the game up tells me you have something else going on or the MOD is not correctly setup.

Let me know...

I activated the mod form a launcher so i know its activated and i think i might have just gotten a courrupt version and i will try to re download.

EDIT: I got it working apparently it was a corrupt download.

Edited by Jayrad

wow, what a Mod. If anybody was thinking about installing this and just hasn't gotten around to it ---- DO IT. Even the missions included are incredible!

Few thoughts:

1. I would edit the first post as I don't think it does this MOD justice, nor does it provide all required information.

A future Unsung player would need to read this entire thread to pick up on the fact that there has been a patch.....and after they see that information they will read an extra hour to just make sure they haven't missed anything else.

2. I'm an above average Arma nut, and it took me a number of hours to get this setup correctly. (albeit I was an 8 the entire time)

The main problem I had was that it does not appear to be compatible with Combined Operations via Steam (or in some cases). I saw other people having the exact same problem (Ben Endless post #378), where single units were not available in the editor, etc; and these are the problems I have unless I simply run the mod through Arma2 stand alone -- which is just fine by me. But it would have been sweet to know that before all of the trial and error.

EDIT: Unsung works perfectly fine with Combined Operations.

3. This mod is awesome.

4. I have searched and searched for a Multiplayer mission comparable to SP Operation Lowlands for this mod -- since that mission is exactly what I want to do with my buddy tomorrow night (our weekly Arma2 Night). Suggestions?

Is there any chance that the Unsung team has converted that to Multiplayer and just hasn't shared it yet?

I have begun my own attempt at converting this mission, but I'm not an advanced mission maker and I have a feeling this is beyond me; plus I won't be finished by tomorrow night.

Edited by sweep

Hey Sweep,

Thanks for the kind words! You are right about the patch... we should be detailed about it...

Oper Lowlands is a great mission... Warrior X put it together I believe... So he would be the guy to catch up with... He's very good...

@Sweep thanks for reminding me ,first page has been updated :)

Some footage i shot during some editor fun on the island called Dong Ha. It will be in the upcomig release. A small island with MP potential. Lot's of villages and stuff.

1) Euhm i try and fail in killing the enemy (5 min battle):

Wl36Lvw5xLY

Yup ran head on towards a foxhole and they Ak'd me... :j:

2) Try number 2 (this is a long battle of 16 min!), i survive and kill some:

tbel18qxdMA

Now Re Operation Lowlands, i am not gonna make a MP version of it. To much work and i am limited on RL time these days. So if anyone thinks they can make a MP version of it, be my guest and edit away :)

p.s. Let me know if the vid's show for you guys...i think i must be doing something wrong...

Edited by Warrior Xâ„¢
vid's not showing....think i fixed it now...

thanks for the info, videos are displaying just fine.

I finally got Unsung running with CO, and edited my previous post to reflect that.

I also checked out SEA, which is just incredible.

Look forward to the next release.

Next candidate release timer is running gents !!!! R2.0 will be ready very soon. Keep an eye on this thread... :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Is there a list of what the new weapons are in the patch? :D

i would preffer list of:

new suff;

fixed stuff;

changed stuff.

All will be revealed shortly :)

LOL, the suspense is killing me. :) I was hoping the previous post was a signal that the update was at any moment.

I've got a week off and I'm ready to build a mission(s) with UnSung!

LOL, the suspense is killing me. :) I was hoping the previous post was a signal that the update was at any moment.

I've got a week off and I'm ready to build a mission(s) with UnSung!

Hold that thought... We are close... Actually... I'm waiting now as well.. haha

oh cmon... can we have at least a countdown timer? >.<

SuperStock_1570R-122684.jpg

Edited by Gedis

Oh we are close... no games... I believe I am done adding stuff for this round... Its in the hands of the compiler now... however long it takes to gather everything up and load it to the websites I would imagine.

Shweet! -Watches as the internet dies for 24 hours world wide- CRAP XD

But OT: Can't wait man :D Love running through Nam :3