Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

did anybody solve the texture bug in the US infantry and USMC units (the shadow problem turning the green uniforms black ) ?

Nice map and mod but unfortunately its almost unplayble for me. Massive stutering and low FPS stops me from playing this mod :(.

When was released the latest patch of Unsung? Something about 4 months ago?

I posted some time ago problem which my version contain - missing one crew member (gunner) in american and russian apcs (lav and btr). Was it solved?

That is tough to say... I can't say I have really checked... I don't really play A2/OA Vanilla that much... purely focused on the Unsung files atm...

I imagine if you deactivate the Unsung MOD, it will work fine for you.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Nice map and mod but unfortunately its almost unplayble for me. Massive stutering and low FPS stops me from playing this mod :(.

Wow... What do you have going on with your machine? The 275 GTX has a memory bandwidth of 127.0 gb/sec compared to my HD 5770 which is rated at 76 gb/sec and I'm getting an FPS of 20-51 on all of our islands? (Lowlands, SEA, Dong Ha, Ia Drang and Plei Trap)

I'd check your rig first...

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

did anybody solve the texture bug in the US infantry and USMC units (the shadow problem turning the green uniforms black ) ?

I believe you are the only one to mention this... I know what you are talking about... I believe it has to do with one of the uniform files...

I will see what I can do to improve it.

You may already be aware of this new beta, but it may help according to the change log. I have not had a chance to test myself, but it may be the solution you guys were looking for with the SEA map loading times. Thanks for your continued dedication to the UNSUNG world.

You may already be aware of this new beta, but it may help according to the change log. I have not had a chance to test myself, but it may be the solution you guys were looking for with the SEA map loading times. Thanks for your continued dedication to the UNSUNG world.

Hi Khugan! Thanks... we were the basis of that fix... we were that "some world" hahaha

Try it out! Load times are back down into the 30-40 second range again...

Thanks for looking out for us!

That is tough to say... I can't say I have really checked... I don't really play A2/OA Vanilla that much... purely focused on the Unsung files atm...

I imagine if you deactivate the Unsung MOD, it will work fine for you.

I don't check arma forums recently, so this is the reason why I asked question about update (maybe i missed something important ;))

Yep If I disable the option, the game works fine. But, mostly I play with unsung activated - great mod with unique islands, congratulations for result :)

I don't check arma forums recently, so this is the reason why I asked question about update (maybe i missed something important ;))

Yep If I disable the option, the game works fine. But, mostly I play with unsung activated - great mod with unique islands, congratulations for result :)

Ok, fair enough... I will take a look and see if I can find any conflicts as to what would cause this...

I just checked out the SEA map using the newest beta patch. First time I have seen the map and all I can say is WOW. That map looks great. Keep up the good work.

Nomadd

I have a 22" Benq monitor, not by choice but I am using it atm.

Interested as to what your game settings are in Vid options.

My interface and 3d resolutions are 1360x768x32.

This is the best option for my little rig.

@eos888,

That conflict was fixed soon after the problem was brought to our attention.

The next Patch has alot of fixes.

Thanx for the feedback.

:)

I believe you are the only one to mention this... I know what you are talking about... I believe it has to do with one of the uniform files...

I will see what I can do to improve it.

weird that nobody mentions it as its a problem that has been around since the ARMA 1 release :couch:

but good to hear that it isn't only me who knows about it and good to hear its being looked at

:bb:

weird that nobody mentions it as its a problem that has been around since the ARMA 1 release :couch:

but good to hear that it isn't only me who knows about it and good to hear its being looked at

:bb:

I noticed this way back in a1 aswell, I haven't seen it since and I'm sure we already fixed it.

stil having that problem, if you guys did fix it then it has to be something else, so then we have to go ... TROUBLE HUNTING !!!!!! :shoot::war: :681:

@eos888,

That conflict was fixed soon after the problem was brought to our attention.

The next Patch has alot of fixes.

Thanx for the feedback.

:)

Great news! Now I will be able to use vanilia apcs without deactivating your mod :)

this looks awesome!! are there any north american MP servers running this? can anyone lead me to them? would be so awesome to play this online

Where can I download the latest version with the S.E.A. Map?

Where can I download the latest version with the S.E.A. Map?

the SEA map is still in beta and is a seperate download and if you look 2 pages back you can find the link by PolishGI

the SEA map is still in beta and is a seperate download and if you look 2 pages back you can find the link by PolishGI

Thx alot.

There was an update since I believe so you will need the

latest SEA files as highlighted under LINKS on the first post here.

There will be a new update with UNSUNGs next release/patch when all current files will be packaged.

Okay I've been quiet for a while here is the reason. Just a quick glance at a long awaited island. Still in early stages but major delay was reworking of the plants and getting the right look.

on Hill 881S looking NE

th_KS881S4.jpg

Assaulting Hill 881S from NE

th_KS881S3.jpg

th_KS881S2.jpg

th_KS881S5.jpg

So, this is of course Khe Sanh.

And yes AI view blocking is working very well, in jungle and in open areas. This also was part of the delay in starting this island, we had to come up with a working solution that is easily implemented.

Edited by cj525

I've been working on a small island aswell which is finished just going through final testing. It's called Dong Ha, google it, a book was written about this AO. This is a great island for mp gaming, it is flat with a few vills, lots of large rice paddy areas.

Images Of Dong Ha

th_dongha.jpg

Dai Do Vill

th_DH4.jpg

Stream West Of AO

th_DH3.jpg

USMC Engage PAVN entrenched positions across rice paddies

th_DH2.jpg

th_DH1.jpg

Edited by cj525

looks great. i especially like the lanes in the rice paddy field.

maybe use sprite for trees in dense jungle.

like the flat terrain ...good screens cant wait for the update :)