Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

hi good mod i just dont like much the sounds of guns like m16 its too low .. . i hope u will update it:bounce3:

Not sure the best way to get the word out, but I posted here and on ARMANAM site. I have released 2 missions using this Mod. I have a 3rd almost done. If you get a chance to try them, please tell me what you think.

village sweep v2 :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113515

Firebase :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113516

Nomadd

Great thanks Nomadd

Out of interest can you use the the Huey as air support? Say if you're near a village and don't want to flatten the place with artillery can you call in the Huey and let the door gunner sort out the VC?

Also regarding performance my FPS seems to be capped at 23. It never goes higher just sits there at 22/23. In villages it drops to 17. I have a problem with ARMA 2 in built up areas killing my FPS too.

Edited by ARMAfansa

Ok Time for an update

A new little vid of our new SEA island created by CSJ. As you can see we have made progress with the AI not having x ray vision through the foliage, however you still need to be on your guard. This hit n run vid shows it is possible to see the enemy before they see you, its all about tactics...

KvpgoqBLArQ

You want more???

OK here same island different area, different foliage..

vjg-QvRfFo4

More??

Geez ok,

Yac has been busy making these birds from scratch and have now joined the unsung air wing :)

A1 Skyraider

77acceb6ad81d9f8gen.jpg

ee2a59e62138b6a6gen.jpg

F100 Super sabre (WIP)

52845dc006c4fe18gen.jpg

Our mod leader CJ525 has been working on a new type of unit the DAC CONG counter recon team (WIP)

camodaccong2.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Good news Savage...and i hear vc speech in game !?im happy:bounce3:

yippee.. these are some real nice updates... the SEA map having anymore load time issue?

yippee.. these are some real nice updates... the SEA map having anymore load time issue?

"Sea" it's the best vietnam map out there, at least in my opinion, but it takes like 30mins to load the first time :(. I hope they can find a way to fix it :o

Edited by columdrum

"Sea" it's the best vietnam map out there, at least in my opinion, but it takes like 30mins to load the first time :(. I hope they can find a way to fix it :o

Well... we are not sure what is causing it but follow our train of thought...

In OA, versions 1.52 and 1.54, this map and 2 others load in about 20-30 seconds...

If you patch OA to any version past 1.54, load times increase dramatically... our files are constant... only thing that changes are the BIS files via the patch.

With ArmA2, v 1.08.blahblahblah, these maps take about 1m 50s to 2minutes to load...

We are not sure what changed in the BIS files, but there is a huge difference in load times from OA 1.52/1.54 to the latest version.

Hopefully, BIS corrects this... I havent patched OA past 1.52 yet... thinking about going to 1.54 here soon... but no further until confirmation that BIS corrected whatever they left out in subsequent versions...

Keep up the great work guys! My Nam Domination is on hold till next update. Can't wait to fly those. Verry sweet looking.

Is there any way to use infantry/vehicles from this mod in the warfare gamemode? If so can anyone please tell me how?

For those experiencing extended load times for S.E.A map or any other trial maps

this should be corrected by adding -exThreads=0 into the shortcut for OA.

:cheers: Suma

Where else ArmaNam Public forums. Same place you get all the best Nam gear

Nice, nice, and +10 times nice updates. Really impressive work guys ;)

Cheers

awesome map and good to hear that you are working on the A.I. x-ray issue. thx guys.

When was released the latest patch of Unsung? Something about 4 months ago?

I posted some time ago problem which my version contain - missing one crew member (gunner) in american and russian apcs (lav and btr). Was it solved?

Edited by e0s888