Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Polite request :rolleyes:

I have a question about the Unsung War mod. I noticed you guys mainly focus on helicopters, but I'm also interested in flying bomber and fighter jets. Are there or will there be any air strike missions? Thanks.

I have a question about the Unsung War mod. I noticed you guys mainly focus on helicopters, but I'm also interested in flying bomber and fighter jets. Are there or will there be any air strike missions? Thanks.

Good question... Our focus for the MOD is primarily on an infantry combat simulator. With that said, we do have helicopters that we focus on and allow players to fly.

Fixed wing aircraft will be included in future versions of the MOD. Their primary focus will be to carry ordnance to the target and attack it. If the pilot experience is there... so be it, but it will probably not receive the same level of detail/attention that the remainder of the MOD is getting... At least not at this time... There is just too much that we need to get to in order to capture all ground movement during the Vietnam Conflict.

If someone has something in their motor pool, hopefully they will speak up on our side... but I would say the comment above will be fairly accurate.

Hope that helps!

What would really help is a couple of freelance scripters :pet2:

A quick vid using the mod and some ingame action OCB:

Nice Vid, some of us aussies in the team might wanna join you fellas in a MP coop. Where can we find you?

Hi,

This is an awesome mod but I have a problem. Whenever I use the UNSUNG mod in my CO install, the gunners are missing from any UAZ, Ural with ZU or Pickup/Offroad (ie Hilux, Nissan etc.) but are fine in the new OA military offroad vehicles.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

I hope you don't consider it spam.......but I want to say thank again for this fantastic mod.

After some editor review of the troops available, I started with Lowlands SP mission.

<Letter from hell mode on>"It's some day of duty, My squad searched all villages and found evidence and surprises. I lost some good fellas expecially on traps and become very good to spot them. I wish someone was good to deactivate them anyway.

For some reason, command never gives me any medic, so often I must incomodate the guys of the air taxi.

I thought that the "tracked can" was a good protection for our trips but those little devils hurted it one time or two and it was a long way for the next car repair. But my gunner is a good one and He has more scores than I have at this day.

Sadly there's always a dense fog and I can't appreciate the landscape and beatiful sunsets.

Wish you were here ('cause of course I hate you :D)

<Letter from hell mode off>

Edited by puzzola

@aeggwards1 - I had the same issue - its a conflict with another mod - mine was SLX mod - as soon as I made a new "Unsung" only exe file - it went away.

Was hoping that Unsung was compatible with either SLX or GL4.

Chapman

@aeggwards1 - I had the same issue - its a conflict with another mod - mine was SLX mod - as soon as I made a new "Unsung" only exe file - it went away.

Was hoping that Unsung was compatible with either SLX or GL4.

Chapman

Thanks but unfortunately it is not a conflict on my system. I removed all mods except for the beta patch and it is still happening.

A little bug report:

Most (if not all) eastern medics can't heal because of a type-o in their config.

it says "attendent = 1;" in there, but it should be

"attendant = 1;"

Otherwise: great mod! Many thanks :)

D.

Thanks for posting your bug reports, kind words and vids.

The medic problem and the missing gunners from some east vehicles have been rectified.

Please keep posting those bug reports.They have been very helpfull. :)

Steve.

Thanks for posting your bug reports, kind words and vids.

The medic problem and the missing gunners from some east vehicles have been rectified.

Please keep posting those bug reports.They have been very helpfull. :)

Steve.

Awesome, nice work!! Can I ask what the fix was, I know of another mod that the problem is occuring in?

@Aegggwards1,

The problem was in the base class inheritance.I cant say exactly what it was but i re wrote the Base classes for the static weapons and it fixed it.

:)

Err....i was playing Operation Lowlands and my gunner shot "accidentally" the gunner of the artillery battery on the northeast :p (theese youngster:rolleyes:).

Now I have not artillery support (what a pity, i never used it yet). I tried to man the piece personally or with an AI but it's locked, i think.

Hoping for a respawn, I blew up the evidence of the "accident" and now I have only a smocking wreck of a gun :o.

Any solution or have I to drive out Charlie the hard way?

Bye

Edited by puzzola
grammar

Err....i was playing Operation Lowlands and my gunner shot "accidentally" the gunner of the artillery battery on the northeast (theese youngster...)....

:butbut: friendly fire!!!

Bad puzzola...bad bad bad lol *shakes finger*

Okay....assuming you mean up the North-West corner of the map, way in the green zone and at that base there. I think the battery was placed there. First question...what you doing there? (Okay yes i know already, curious what is out there blah blah explore explore ;))

Now then, it's pretty safe to say your arty support is now f###ed! yaaaay party time :yay:

That is if you were at the spot i described and your gunner shot that gunner at the arty piece. Only fix for that is revert to previous saved game. Or...and you already mentioned this yourself: move on and flush out Charlie the hard way.

Lesson learned: Do not shoot any friendly troops, they do not like that ;)

p.s. send whoever within your squad shot the arty gunner out into some open field rice paddy way way in the open and have him wear some pink bunny suit with a big red circle painted on it. That will teach him and give Charlie something to practise on.

:eek: It wasn't me!!!

I pressed the "right" button at the wrong moment when entering the NW (yes) base with the M113 (I spent half the fuel :D) and eared: "2 target that cannon!"

As i mentioned my gunner is a sniper and that poor guy had no chance.

I quickly buried the carcass dutyfull professional and leaved. He had a courious uniform and a plastic helmet and a luxury M16 (I fear "2" shot a big fish so I didn't take anything). Only after several hours I needed the artillery and received a "fu$k you" counsel.

p.s. send whoever within your squad shot the arty gunner out into some open field rice paddy way way in the open and have him wear some pink bunny suit with a big red circle painted on it. That will teach him and give Charlie something to practise on.

Funny, it's my usual way of selecting trainees.

I return to my walk-round, see places, make friends, you know.

Edited by puzzola
added some colour and keep to miss typing

Hey guys, great effort thus far. Just curious as to how difficult it would be to change the default sound of the rice pads to more of a mud suck type than hard concrete?

Hey guys, great effort thus far. Just curious as to how difficult it would be to change the default sound of the rice pads to more of a mud suck type than hard concrete?

There are a suite of sounds to go into the mod, we just wanted to kick the mod out the door. We will update them later on... No ETA yet though ... :)

Ok small update, This video has been made on a new upcoming island CSJ has been working on dubbed "SEA" there is no official name for it yet. This is my personal favorite map so far. I posted screenies a few weeks ago but I thought it may be better expressed in video format so here you go... If you look hard you may spot the 33rd NVA regiment in action ;)

EDIT: Some sounds are not unsung I was running Jarheads Sound mod with this video. The DSAI heard here is still in the raw stage and will be released further down the track after a bit of tweaking.

BTQn4of1GT4

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE