Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Yes, the M14 light the area around the soldier (The grass/floor) which you can see in First Person View on the grass and around the unit in the grass and ground (With the M14) but the M16/AK47 do not light up the grass ground or 'Flash' the area around the shooter.

I believe he is asking if it's a bug as to why the M16/AK47 don't 'Flash' but the M14 does.

that's what I want to say :)

Here again the video to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mubOYF-5D1c

Help: I am making a mission using NORRIN REVIVE can someone tell me the Class Name for the Soldiers in this Mod?

soldierWB does not seem to work?

Thanks

Help: I am making a mission using NORRIN REVIVE can someone tell me the Class Name for the Soldiers in this Mod?

Thanks

They are all listed with the mod documantation in a tetx file and the Appendix of the pdf. If you downloaded the mod you should have all the info

Thanks

Which version of revive script are you using?

Try with version 0.48 +

Wracking my brains here - I was playing Arma the other night (ok after a few bev's) and I recall coming across a unit in the editor (or within a ammo crate) which the bloke had a kind of dector/anntennae ('sweetie'? or something like that) which bleeped when pointed in the general direction of the enemy - was it in this mod?

I've only UNS, OA, and @ACE folders & can't seem to find it again.

Did I dream this? argh! Sure would be useful in that thick jungle (as long as I had a buddy to hold it). Help!

Thanks for the patch (noticed some improvement in performance) & appreciate the new weapons. . .

I'm having a bit of a problem with this and addon dependancies, I made a couple of missions, NOT using anything from Unsung, but now when I've deactivated the Unsung-mod I can't open those missions in the editor since they think they're depending on addons from unsung. Does anyone know how to override this so that I can use my missions without having unsung activated?

i think u can open the mission.sqm in a texteditor and right at the top should be a list with all required addons. it can easily be edited out.

i get a simular error when making a mision using only unsung stuff and yet when i load\revert the mission(i edited the SP Lowlands Mission, for personal use only..sorry bout that hope im not hurting nothing) but yeah i will load the mission...die...then try to reload to the last save point and it would say "error cannot load\play mission, it requires deleted addons..blah blah) and the deleted files(OA standerd Maps\A2 standerd maps) have nothing to do with unsung!

btw great job on the patch i too noticed notable improvments ingame and performance!

Dave,

i think u can open the mission.sqm in a texteditor and right at the top should be a list with all required addons. it can easily be edited out.

You are correct! (not sure if it's working though, I'll try later).

Strange though, I thought of the same thing and tried to open the mission.sqm earlier but I just got random signs etc. Must have opened the wrong file.

You are correct! (not sure if it's working though, I'll try later).

Strange though, I thought of the same thing and tried to open the mission.sqm earlier but I just got random signs etc. Must have opened the wrong file.

yeah usally editing the mission.sqm works but when i tried to edit my mission.sqm it had no refference to none of the maps i mentioned(takistan,zargabad,desert,chernarus,utes ect.)!

Dave,

does it refer to uns_traps? I'm getting that a lot

Wow guys, downloaded this stuff today.

Was lookin forward to this mod since half a year or longer^^

And as i just played it like 3 hours, messing around in the editor:

THIS MOD IS AWESOME :)

Very good job UNSUNG Team.

Love the infantry, the choppers, the map, the tanks, the guns.

A few sounds might need a fix sooner or later though.

And ye, no idea if mentioned already:

- first person, straferun (to sides) you are able to see part of your face somehow.

- same if you relode in first person and in the same time turn your head back.

- last but not least: WHERE is NAPAALM? ^^

Again, BIG thanks and respect to all the unsung team.

Keep up the good work.

A few sounds might need a fix sooner or later though.

Yeah I know, I personally didn't have much to do with the sound side of things in this release like the last. A few sounds need updating but, we will get to em in time.

Which version of revive script are you using?

Try with version 0.48 +

Thanks JW, I am using REVIVE 0.50 (that is his latest), I figured out what was causing it, it wasn't the class name after all!

i have found two confusing things .....

1. by overfly with the Tac Air i have seen white stripes on the ground .... near the north coast of the island. There a some white parts on the ground. Dont know if you see it also if you play as inf in this region. but from air you can see it.

If you hold a empty rocket luncher, it looks like a clipping bug or something. Luncher is to far away from the Players Body.

Sorry for my english skills .... its early in the morning :confused:

hope you understand what i mean :j:

Heads up that if this runs well without too many issues (downloading it now) OCB will be running this on one of our servers.

Hi, I'm playing the lowland mission. Really, really immersive, love the models and map and the Huey taxi.

Only some maybe ignorant questions: In the Air transportation menu, what are for the commands THC and Out!. I searched the pdf guide and Also google for THC but found only a cannabis substance or throttle control :confused:

Greetings from Charlie :D

Edited by puzzola

...what are for the commands THC and Out!. I searched the pdf guide and Also google for THC but found only a cannabis substance or throttle control :confused:

Greetings from Charlie :D

Hi puzzola,

THC: Transport Helicopter Company, this command basically doesn't do much it's just main menu option. It was a left over. This helicopter script was part of a set of scripts. I ripped it apart to just have the heli script. Script was made by CSJ.

Out: It ends the menu.

Both options from the transport script do not even have to be touched. If you use a transport option like "fly to", "fly to and hold", "return to base" then the menu will self rotate and the right menu options will be visible again.

Keep your head low and move slow and you will make it out of the lowlands alive ;)

Yeah bro :D, half of my squad blew up on some mines, poor bastards, but when all this sh*t is over I'll return home, buy a car, find a good girl......you know :p

Edited by puzzola

If You guys would like some extra help with sounds and such i would love to help.

This is a Uh-1 sound I made have a listen, would love it to be added to your mod.

I prefer the Unsung version to be honest more thump thump to it,

No offence of course, though I'd like to see what you could do with the mortars.

If You guys would like some extra help with sounds and such i would love to help.

This is a Uh-1 sound I made have a listen, would love it to be added to your mod.

I made one similar to go in but the guy that model the choppers wanted something different..and so it was :)

my first small ununsg movie in a dirty quick made mission :D

god damn, how i love this mod.

Its like you buy a new awesome game^^

Great "Leave your money on the fridge" :D