Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

CSJ_Key linky

Wouldn't a C-47 spooky or C130 spectre be better then a makeup C123 ?

Both C-47 and C-130 models are floating around somewhere.

Edited by CSJ

I tested out the lag when flying as all the guys in our group get it and I never seemed to... because I had never flown jets.

Testing with choppers doesn't really reproduce this because you tend to fly low most of the time, but as soon as you go higher in an aircraft around 1000ft + it become very bad, so bad that the you can actually skip entire kilometres of the map and end up out to sea, where the lag stops.

For some reason it doesn't seem to happen inland as bad, but coastal areas are where it happened the most during my test.

Hope that helps

Edited by Bigpickle

yes I can fly all over the map dogfighting and hunting convoys in F4, F14 and F15 (and briefly tried an A10) and the C123 which we have put the spectre config onto and it works a treat - all with 5000m view on full everything except for post-processing is low.

when I or anyone else flies near the area with the swamp, it stutters badly so that one minute you'reflying after an enemy chopper and the next updated screen you're upside down, past the chopper veering into a hill, so you roll and pull up and the next screen you're going the other way on your side, right past the enemy etc... it seems to be associated with the swamp area halfway up the NW coast.

Ok thanks we will look into it

Cannot, playing on a notebook with an 8800GT. Works very fine, with viewdistance set to 5000m+, even in Chernogorsk, but I need to keep shadows at low, and detail at normal. I am simulation fan anyway, eyecandy is not important unless it really adds to realism.

Well then you'll most likely have to live with it :p

Independent. Tried several test missions, and had my squad engage VC at 500m through dense jungle. Just lay down, and waited till the shoot-out was over. I played around with sensitivity levels, "setskill" for units etc. But either they would be ok in jungle, and desperate easy prey in the open, or had x-ray vision but did find in the grass plains.

My point with reducing enemies precision was so you don't feel your getting sniped through 100m of dense vegitation. The problem with AI's "x-ray" is a combination of them only needing a tiny pixel of view to see you where you on a 17-24 inch screen wouldn't see anything and then some vegitation not viewblocking.

Well then you'll most likely have to live with it :p

My point with reducing enemies precision was so you don't feel your getting sniped through 100m of dense vegitation. The problem with AI's "x-ray" is a combination of them only needing a tiny pixel of view to see you where you on a 17-24 inch screen wouldn't see anything and then some vegitation not viewblocking.

u never had this

"SUPER AI" incident. All the missions i made are using 100% skill and upsmon. And they fixed the issue in 1.5 patch where you can use grass and vegitation as cover. Once you have been spotted the AI will engage you or your last know posistion so gives you plenty time to where you can fall back.

The ONLY issue i had with the AI is that the NVA tracked units have Xray vision. Our recon team was on a clearing and prone with no movement and got poped of at 500+meters

And they fixed the issue in 1.5 patch where you can use grass and vegitation as cover. Once you have been spotted the AI will engage you or your last know posistion so gives you plenty time to where you can fall back.

You have always been able to use grass as cover, the problem is AI's tracking skills after becomming aware of you at times can feel a little exaggerated but that can be "fixed" by adjusting the AI precision skill(in the difficulty settings) so you they keep firing your direction yet they dont snipe you with a single shot everytime damn time :p

Thank you.

We have found another problem.

uns_ksobjects.pbo has not been signed. Can you please sign it and upload the .bisign file as we still cannot get our server running until it's fixed. Thank you.

I do not believe that uns_ksobjects is required at this time. That file will be required for the upcoming files in future releases.

If I am wrong, let me know and I will sign it and provide the link.

Ok so I finally found some time to DL in peace and hove a browse. Really nice work on the map guys, and all the units and vehicles are also very nice.

My only query is about the red dirt, is really that colour? You guys would know more than I...

So the only errors I've had so far are as follows.

arma2oa2010101509502350.png[/img]

arma2oa2010101509511781.png[/img]

Hope this helped =D

Ok so I finally found some time to DL in peace and hove a browse. Really nice work on the map guys, and all the units and vehicles are also very nice.

My only query is about the red dirt, is really that colour? You guys would know more than I...

So the only errors I've had so far are as follows.

arma2oa2010101509502350.png[/img]

arma2oa2010101509511781.png[/img]

Hope this helped =D

I need help recreating that error with the rvmat. Is it a specific troop that is causing it? That way I know what to look for...

That is the error that always pops up when you just before mission loading.

Ok, I am play testing the Ia Drang Valley map and have found a decent balance... between inept troops (friendly or enemy) and troops that can shoot you 4km away...

Granted, I am using the new files that are coming out shortly.

But if you go into:

- Options

- Game Options

- Difficulty

- I have Regular selected

- Select Edit (lower right hand corner)

- Friendly Troops (Custom; .65)

- Enemy Troops (Custom; .44)

This combination is working well for me... average engagement on IDV is about 100m (75-110m). Fights last a while and there are rounds hitting ALL over me BUT me... Granted, I''ve been hit with an RPG... I get raked over by an AK-47... buts it is more fun now that there is some slop in the troops... The A2 troop settings are just too razor sharp... need to dumb them down...

Anyway, just a suggestion...

So I've removed the ksobjects from the server. But I believe the best solution is you signing the file and providing the bisign on the first page so that people can add.

I'm attaching the rpt file of the dedi server after removing ks objects.

There some errors that may be useful and need to be fixed.

http://cross.kellys-heroes.eu/public/arma2/arma2oaserver_unsung.RPT

ok, uns_ksobjects and sign will be included in the upcoming patch that will be coming out sometime today I hope. Its in the hands of Armaholic and armed assault into now.

Ia Drang Valley map, i know its very early days yet but any info on what map(s) we might get in the update?

Ia Drang Valley map, i know its very early days yet but any info on what map(s) we might get in the update?

No maps will be included in the update at this time. Lowlands is being worked on AS we speak... an update for Lowlands should be out in the near future. No release date as of yet.

We have a couple of other maps in the works... just testing, testing and more testing...

roger that buddy thank you for your reply, If you would like any more testers pm me I've got some time on my hands. Hope that didnt sound cheeky mate.

roger that buddy thank you for your reply, If you would like any more testers pm me I've got some time on my hands. Hope that didnt sound cheeky mate.

Nope it didn't... trying to decide if I should release it 70% complete and add to it in updates, or wait until its finished and then release it... near, around or above 4 million objects now... may be 5!

I think we need to work only on lowlands, map 1 great map, and after we can not make it any better do look for a new map =)

I jump on the forums, A+M complete, "damn a nam update would be brilliant right now", and here it is.

Love you guys.