Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

I still would like to see china lake's natic 40mm pump-action GL with buckshot ammo, BUT ONLY with jamming script(similar to ACE's) with 25-33% of jamming for buckshot ammo ;)

P.S. I pray for this :pray:

hehe Speaking of which Gedis... you go back with that thing for some time now... Does the ex-41 stack up against your expectations ok? Anything to alter or change? Besides the M576 buckshot round... haha

hehe Speaking of which Gedis... you go back with that thing for some time now... Does the ex-41 stack up against your expectations ok? Anything to alter or change? Besides the M576 buckshot round... haha

Well from those old days of planning about config, it just lacks buckshot ammo. That toy with buckshots would make my day! :D

Ofcourse i could do a version with buckshots, but only for personal usage and it would still lack the jamming(since i'm not a scripter); but first lets try to crack you guys about buckshots (i need community support here hehe). :pray:

Oh and totally forgot it's called not ex-41... China Lake Natic 40mm pump-action grenade launcher(the most correct one) or China Lake 40mm pump-action grenade launcher - the proper names. And add reloadable magazines for it in ammo box.

P.S. today i googled about it again, cod: black ops gonna have it, let's wait and see how it'll brake gameplay :D

Edited by Gedis

Well from those old days of planning about config, it just lacks buckshot ammo. That toy with buckshots would make my day! :D

Ofcourse i could do a version with buckshots, but only for personal usage and it would still lack the jamming(since i'm not a scripter); but first lets try to crack you guys about buckshots (i need community support here hehe). :pray:

Oh and totally forgot it's called not ex-41... China Lake Natic 40mm pump-action grenade launcher(the most correct one) or China Lake 40mm pump-action grenade launcher - the proper names. And add reloadable magazines for it in ammo box.

P.S. today i googled about it again, cod: black ops gonna have it, let's wait and see how it'll brake gameplay :D

True... EX-41 is much easier to write though... looks like the Natic is even misleading due to the nature that it was never assigned an official designation.

But we get the point...

Great job on this mod and the single player mission. Would like to see a multi player version of Lowlands. Great job overall!

Los

Great job on this mod and the single player mission. Would like to see a multi player version of Lowlands. Great job overall!

Los

thanks for the SP and MP is more than in the works atm matey,

Regards Jeza

AWESOME MOD! Great work, congrats guys!

Immersion is unbelievable, weapon sounds astonishing, and a surprise while patrolling a foggy jungle really can kick you out of your chair...

Just suggestions/comments:

- In broad daylight, I noticed some strange shadows from plants. One was definitely the "corn patches" in the villages. The other must be one of the tall grass models?

- More important: The AI x-ray vision issue of old OFP days still is the same. They simply can shoot through 500m of jungle terrain, and hit accurate despite me not being able to see 50m. I don't know whether the vegetation model need to be less transparent for AI, or something like that. I recall in OFP you could only either tune down AI sensitive (eye, ear etc. in the CfgVehicles:man classes), add fog, or add truly view-blocking trees for AI, but then AI would completely fail in open terrain.

Anything you can do to get both open and jungle right?

- In broad daylight, I noticed some strange shadows from plants. One was definitely the "corn patches" in the villages. The other must be one of the tall grass models?

Try set your shadow setting to high+

- More important: The AI x-ray vision issue of old OFP days still is the same. They simply can shoot through 500m of jungle terrain, and hit accurate despite me not being able to see 50m. I don't know whether the vegetation model need to be less transparent for AI, or something like that. I recall in OFP you could only either tune down AI sensitive (eye, ear etc. in the CfgVehicles:man classes), add fog, or add truly view-blocking trees for AI, but then AI would completely fail in open terrain.

Anything you can do to get both open and jungle right?

Try adjust your difficulty settings, especially the precision setting.

Best mod so far in my opnion. Hell i got bitten by a freaken snake today while on patrol!!!

Couple of things that i think need changing

* Vietcong has x-ray vision. So when in fire fights i must rely on my AI teammembers. But many times i am shot by an enemy that should never have seen me from so far away in the dense jungle.

* I placed 3 missions in the mission folder but only 2 show up.

* the m-60 and m-48 tanks still have the m1a1 turbine engine sound.

* the m-60 and m-48 tanks still have a stabelized main gun. While the m-60 did later have a stabilzed gun , it did not in the vietnam war.

* The map still has the chenerus sounds mixed in with the jungle sounds. Jungle sounds could be a little more varied in my opinion.

* i would like to see a little more rivers (not to deep so the not to loose gear or either find a way to get rid of loosing gear in water)

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

regarding tripwires and punjis - is this thread of use?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108626

do they work to trap AI?

Dont know about punjis , havinet seen them yet. But i lost 4 guys on 2 occations due to trip wire,s. First time i thought we were being engaged by an rpg. One hint in the low lands mission. Try to stay off any paths. But still its no garentee.

Edited by oscar19681

Tested the mod out last night, and Im pretty impressed by the models and the uniforms,

pretty much everything, still got to check out the vehicles and such.

Only problem i had was the lowlands mission, it was killing my FPS and made it unable to play so

I just slapped some groups in the editor on the lowlands map and had a real blast.

I'm going to try this out with WarMod and see whats it is like.

Nice work guys!:thumbsup:

one point oin lag - despite it running perfectly for me on foot, it seriously lags out when flying planes over the swamp in the north west of the lowlands. FPS drops below 1 for short bursts. Even in 2000m view.

I play normally with 5000m in all islands including panthera, duala, chernarus, takistan, sahrani and never saw this before.

Please help :( I'm a bit of a noob, and I was wondering if someone could help me as I'm desperate to play.

Once I get my guys in the chopper, i go through the radio menu to the chopper (0-0-1) and the menu disappears. I reopen it to the same place and theres more options. I select one of the options in the submenu (not sure which, Fly to HOLD or Fly to LAND), and then they ask for coordinates. But I don't know what to do. I've tried opening my map and selecting something for it but it just doesn't budge. Pressing left click on the mouse creates a marker, and pressing space isn't helping. I say 'Move there' and nothing happens :S

Just trying to get the chopper to fly to a location to land and fight the enemy :) Any ideas?

Thanks for your time

Los

Hey mate, then you'll love this,

Your all welcome to come and join in ...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108519

Halfway down you will see the post by eggbeast, the boss man.

He has posted all the mods required to join the server.

If you like it and want to play regularly in an organized game play role, then pop to the GITS Clan forum and introduce yourselves.

Enjoy

Please help :( ..... Just trying to get the chopper to fly to a location to land and fight the enemy :) Any ideas?

Thanks for your time

Hi m8,

You should indeed get your guys in the chopper. Then go through radio menu (0-0-1). Then the next option to choose is "Fly to and land". Then open your map and single click on the map where you want the chopper to fly to and land. (marker shows on map after 1 click). Now you shoudl pretty much close your map again, sit back and relax. The chopper should start it's engin and then lift off after a few seconds. It will move a bit forward in the air, wait a bit and then it will fly off to it's destination.

If it doesn't do that something is wrong..

Try that, report back if it fails. *crossing fingers*

Cheers,

Xâ„¢

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

regarding tripwires and punjis - is this thread of use?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108626

do they work to trap AI?

That's an old ofp thread. We had working traps in our mod in ofp already that killled AI. And yes, the traps do work on AI in Arma 2 for our mod. They will walk into them. All wires as also the punji traps. They die horribly. And i just love to place the traps around the place in missions for you guys to all go step all happy into. Ain't you feeling damn skippy in the jungle, knowing there's traps and snakes around. Oh and the occasional VC/NVA :D

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

* I placed 3 missions in the mission folder but only 2 show up.

One of the 3 missions shows up in your scenario's section without the UNS prefix. Believe it's the epicenter mission. Not sure. Small naming mistake :)

Hi m8,

You should indeed get your guys in the chopper. Then go through radio menu (0-0-1). Then the next option to choose is "Fly to and land". Then open your map and single click on the map where you want the chopper to fly to and land. (marker shows on map after 1 click). Now you shoudl pretty much close your map again, sit back and relax. The chopper should start it's engin and then lift off after a few seconds. It will move a bit forward in the air, wait a bit and then it will fly off to it's destination.

If it doesn't do that something is wrong..

Try that, report back if it fails. *crossing fingers*

Cheers,

Xâ„¢

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

That's an old ofp thread. We had working traps in our mod in ofp already that killled AI. And yes, the traps do work on AI in Arma 2 for our mod. They will walk into them. All wires as also the punji traps. They die horribly. And i just love to place the traps around the place in missions for you guys to all go step all happy into. Ain't you feeling damn skippy in the jungle, knowing there's traps and snakes around. Oh and the occasional VC/NVA :D

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

One of the 3 missions shows up in your scenario's section without the UNS prefix. Believe it's the epicenter mission. Not sure. Small naming mistake :)

It worked! Thankyou so much! Off to fight the Vietcong now. Awesome awesome mod.

Do you think we could have a copy of the CSJ.bikey for our server's keys folder it appears to be missing from the installation?. Thanks for your hard work

Reference

Edited by [KH]Jman

What a mod!!!

The models are awesome, the Viet too, in every detail, the jungle is a jungle and even if it exagerate the bug of AI with perfect view trough vegetation, the immersion is worth the difficulty. But I note the absence of a protagonist.

Where's the napalm :p?

Did I miss something? Do you contemplate to release some plane else? Maybe with this armament or some cluster?

I know I'm insatiable :rolleyes:!

Thank you for this release for the moment. Congrats

Try set your shadow setting to high+

Cannot, playing on a notebook with an 8800GT. Works very fine, with viewdistance set to 5000m+, even in Chernogorsk, but I need to keep shadows at low, and detail at normal. I am simulation fan anyway, eyecandy is not important unless it really adds to realism.

Try adjust your difficulty settings, especially the precision setting.

Independent. Tried several test missions, and had my squad engage VC at 500m through dense jungle. Just lay down, and waited till the shoot-out was over. I played around with sensitivity levels, "setskill" for units etc. But either they would be ok in jungle, and desperate easy prey in the open, or had x-ray vision but did find in the grass plains.

one point oin lag - despite it running perfectly for me on foot, it seriously lags out when flying planes over the swamp in the north west of the lowlands. FPS drops below 1 for short bursts. Even in 2000m view.

I play normally with 5000m in all islands including panthera, duala, chernarus, takistan, sahrani and never saw this before.

Can you fly anywhere else with the vd set at 5000 ? without lag? When your higher up your PC is trying to render more on the screen so you will experience slowdowns. If its just in the NW sector then we can have a look at it. If its all over then I doubt there's much more we can do.

SGT. Savage I have been busy converting and fixing configs of alot of ARMA1 addons to ARMA2 OA/CO. I have already done the config work on the C123.

arma2c123_1.jpg

Original addon link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7879

I would like to ask for your permission to work on this with -martin- and redo the textures to make it more ARMA2 friendly. We would also like to do reskins if it is ok with you for other factions. This would then be released only if your team gave the ok for it. Thank you for the hard work and I look foward to the next update.

(Having lots of fun working on a Domination map with this mod)

I just saw that it is already in the mod addon folder. I would still like the ok to do work on it for ARMA2.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

As a request: could you take the Ambient Combat module, and Ambient Civilians modules and modify them to include your units? Also, would love to have some new triggerable sounds of a whistle being blown (for NVA attacks), possibly a horn as well.

Love the mod in it's current form. Made a lot of missions and have had a ton of fun. Keep up the great work.

Can you fly anywhere else with the vd set at 5000 ? without lag? When your higher up your PC is trying to render more on the screen so you will experience slowdowns. If its just in the NW sector then we can have a look at it. If its all over then I doubt there's much more we can do.

Probably the beach animated texture. I always get a massive drop when it first comes into view.

@PROTOTYPE 001

the C123 is already in Arma 2, works fine afaik

Edited by CSJ

As a request: could you take the Ambient Combat module, and Ambient Civilians modules and modify them to include your units? Also, would love to have some new triggerable sounds of a whistle being blown (for NVA attacks), possibly a horn as well.

All on the cards mate, looking more toward the R3 Khe sahn release tho. All the bells and whistles SHOULD be in there by then.

@ ALL

I am receiving a lot of requests ect from the community via my PM inbox. I ask you all to redirect your requests/suggestions ect to the Arma Nam forums at www.armanam.com. All correspondence will be handled there...Thanks again for the support we will endeavor to get back to you ASAP..

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

yes I can fly all over the map dogfighting and hunting convoys in F4, F14 and F15 (and briefly tried an A10) and the C123 which we have put the spectre config onto and it works a treat - all with 5000m view on full everything except for post-processing is low.

when I or anyone else flies near the area with the swamp, it stutters badly so that one minute you'reflying after an enemy chopper and the next updated screen you're upside down, past the chopper veering into a hill, so you roll and pull up and the next screen you're going theother way on your side, right past the enemy etc... it seems to be associated with the swamp area halfway up the NW coast.