Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Yes, really. You can roll your eyes all you want but I'm talking about the ambient sounds overriding ocean sounds and disregarding the Music slider in the options...the authors asked the community to report all bugs to help them in being squashed so that's what I'm doing. If you aren't experiencing this issue, be thankful about it and enjoy the mod, but don't be dismissive just because you don't know what I'm talking about.

I've played the whole evening yesterday and the ambient sounds didn't seem overly loud to me. But I gonna check my volumn settings in the option menu.

In any case the Lowlands thick jungle is really awesome. As the units are and everything else. Still gotta try out a lot of things. When playing yesterday I was kinda "WOW". I had such a thrill and the immersion was great.:D

When suddenly all hell broke lose I couldn't see one damn enemy. Everyone was shooting but me. Imposible for a human to detect in the jungle an enemy even when close. The atmosphere was thrilling.

Good job!

Thanks

@Nettrucker

Glad you like it! After reading enough on the war... there were a lot of comments like that... you're firing, but you dont know who or what you are firing at... the panic of shooting something you cannot see or being hit by an enemy you cannot see... We are working on improving the feeling of concealment in the vegetation. It will only get better...

@Stephsen

Great pics!

I've played the whole evening yesterday and the ambient sounds didn't seem overly loud to me. But I gonna check my volumn settings in the option menu.

In any case the Lowlands thick jungle is really awesome. As the units are and everything else. Still gotta try out a lot of things. When playing yesterday I was kinda "WOW". I had such a thrill and the immersion was great.:D

When suddenly all hell broke lose I couldn't see one damn enemy. Everyone was shooting but me. Imposible for a human to detect in the jungle an enemy even when close. The atmosphere was thrilling.

Good job!

Thanks

Perhaps I should clarify again that the ambient sounds are only acting up on maps OTHER than the Lowlands while the UnSung mod is active. Quesh-kibrul and Japahto for sure, and I'll check others tonight. When the mod is deactivated, things return to normal on Quesh-Kibrul and Japahto. Seems like something is being overridden by the mod with the default ocean-waves ambient sound if I had to take a wild guess. For example, at a spot where you would normally hear faint waves, you hear full blown jungle ambience instead on Quesh-Kibrul's beaches. I work around it by just deactivating the Unsung mod when not using it, so it isn't a showstopper at all.

Wait... I keep reading things about a Cobra... THERES A COBRA?! O_O I can't find a Nam cobra variant O_o Only choppers I've seen are the Huey's and the OH-6... thats the only choppers I can find, what is it under?

And for me, each time I hit the editor I keep getting random errors that something different is always missing... and also the buildings seem to go haywire D: Turning purple pink and invisible DX hehe, OH WELL! :D It's Alpha so theres bound to be bugs! ^^

Great MOD none the less :D I love fighting Charlie hehe

Is anyone having trouble with the units in the Editor all of the US soldiers and UNS mods are in the Empty slots? so i cant pick a playable riflemen or etc.......

Is anyone having trouble with the units in the Editor all of the US soldiers and UNS mods are in the Empty slots? so i cant pick a playable riflemen or etc.......

Where and when did you download the MOD?

That may help figure this out...

Perhaps I should clarify again that the ambient sounds are only acting up on maps OTHER than the Lowlands while the UnSung mod is active. Quesh-kibrul and Japahto for sure, and I'll check others tonight. When the mod is deactivated, things return to normal on Quesh-Kibrul and Japahto. Seems like something is being overridden by the mod with the default ocean-waves ambient sound if I had to take a wild guess. For example, at a spot where you would normally hear faint waves, you hear full blown jungle ambience instead on Quesh-Kibrul's beaches. I work around it by just deactivating the Unsung mod when not using it, so it isn't a showstopper at all.

Ah sorry I misinterpreted your post, but now I got it.

kind regards

Really nice vegetation! No lod popping and good performance! When the view bloks are inplace it will be good :)

Got some questions though. I dont use other mods, arma2:co 1.54.

I have no ambient sound except the vanilla chernarus sounds.

When I place CJS animals they are all dead.

I had a look though module and other stuff in the editor but couldnt find anything. I couldnt find anything in the readme about it either.

@andersson

Animals are placed in editor as Civ\Chen\..

Do not place empty unless you want them to be dead.

Wait... I keep reading things about a Cobra... THERES A COBRA?! O_O I can't find a Nam cobra variant O_o Only choppers I've seen are the Huey's and the OH-6... thats the only choppers I can find, what is it under?

And for me, each time I hit the editor I keep getting random errors that something different is always missing... and also the buildings seem to go haywire D: Turning purple pink and invisible DX hehe, OH WELL! :D It's Alpha so theres bound to be bugs! ^^

Great MOD none the less :D I love fighting Charlie hehe

Confirmed there is a cobra in the mod, there is a config error that's not showing it in the editor it will be fix ASAP. Regarding the buildings I haven't had any problems with em :/

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

@ Stephsen, Great pics, looking forward to trying out your mission.

Great work so far guys. 1 thing if it isn't already on your list: Chopper config needs an adjustment for formation spacing.

Currently, the UH-1s have their spacing set @ 10 meters, obviously this is bad for business if you aren't VC. :)

In the Config file within csj_uh1slick.pbo,

class CSJ_UH1Slick

formationX = 10;

formationZ = 10;

are the lines. Default for class air (what all the stock helos use, is X=50, Z=100.

With the setting of 10, multi chopper formations are a no go. After ~30 runs with a 6 chopper formation, the most that ever made it to the LZ were 2, often times none.Finally noticed it was a formation issue, set them "in formation" on the ground, and they were starting pretty much fuselage to fuselage.

After changing it to the default BIS values , I was hearing a lot less "booms" during the ingress. ;)

Edited by Baron von Beer

@Baron von Beer

Ok thanks, I will change that setting.

I never used the formation in game myself, my chalks are individually scripted.

Bug. Rats that run into water will spawn a Human, Then die spawning more rats and the cycle is never ending

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Does anyone know if this works for CO?

works for me

Bug. Rats that run into water will spawn a Human, Then die spawning more rats and the cycle is never ending

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

works for me

Sounds like a bad case of radiation.

Does anyone know if this works for CO?

Yes it works for CO, launched with both exe and it works just fine. I tried with only ArmA II and CO, no problem whatsoever.

I don't know in case someone has only OA.

Had myself another firefight in the thick jungle yesterday and it is a blast. I love this thick jungle and it's a prove that you can do jungles without suffering performance loss. Movements are all smooth here and I'm running only a Dual Core. Well my graphic settings are set nearly everything to normal by default because I prefer peformance instead of fancy graphics but as I said gameplay is very smooth.

The atmosphere is extraordinary.

kind regards

Great job !!!

Just one question, is it normal to heard Vietnamese Fighters speak Russian ?

Did I miss something during the setup of your good mod ?

Very nice work lads!

A few questions related to ACE.

Is this mod ACE compatible and if no, is it at least planned to be?

There are several features in ACE that could be combined with this to create some very interesting mission, like fast roping from a huey into really dense areas of the jungle.

The traps were a very surprising touch and I gotta say I simply love em. Making my enemies fall into pits of sharpened stakes... awesome!

Would be nice if a player could set them up during game.

Some way to interact with them from a script (i.e. check if the trap is triggered etc) would make things a lot easier for mission makers.

Edited by mrCurry

@andersson

Animals are placed in editor as Civ\Chen\..

Do not place empty unless you want them to be dead.

OK, thanks :) Any idea about my sound issue?

Very nice work lads!

A few questions related to ACE.

Is this mod ACE compatible and if no, is it at least planned to be?

We don't plan to in the near future... I tried to contact ACE but received no reply. We have made the mod generic as possible to work with the mods out there. Some features of ace works others don't.