sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Im writing down some bugs I found, please tell me if Im the only one:

- UNSUNG listed two times in the editor list

- Error message "UNSUNG Air.sqs not found", so one editor entry appears blank

- Minigun in the Cobra Gunship doesnt work

- You cant enter as a pilot in the Cobra from the outside

- Error message "CSJ_M134" not found when inserting a Huey with miniguns

:confused: This sounds like the old Hunter-killer file has been left in the release.

Sorry, the proper pbo will be in the first update/patch.

Thanks for your answer Warrior X, Actually the more I think of it, the more I like the way you did it. After all, the guys out there back in the day couldn't pick and choose the make up of their squad when they were in the bush so neither should we be able to.

Thanks to each and every UNSUNG MOD member. I am loving this mod.

@Snafu: If you enjoy reading about 'Nam stuff you really should get "Matterhorn" by Karl Marlantes. It really brings out the reality of what it was like to be in the midst of that hell. After reading it I have nothing but admiration for the men who served there.

Edited by Killerwatt

Hi Unsung-Team,

have not a big time for test but i found two bugs

error message in the editor: cannot load material file uns_usmc\data\us_hhl_wound1.rvmat.

and i cant see my flying handgrenades when i use them (i think only the m67)

and i have big performance problems with the vegi ...i used now JTD skyfog but without them i have 10fps or so realy bad performance.

use.uns alpha with arma2 only

thats all what i found ...

Ps: this mod is fantastic:bounce3:

and i have big performance problems with the vegi ...i used now JTD skyfog but without them i have 10fps or so realy bad performance.

This map runs just as smooth as utes for me :)

If you using Yoma's AddonSync, I've added Unsung Mod (@UNS) to our KH Community Repo.

Click this and select community repo.. -> yashttp://www.kellys-heroes.eu/Server.yas

I've also setup a server as well, so that you can give it a try online. You need MP missions though. Post if you have any and I can upload to server later.

Edited by Cross

[YOUTUBE]Wazfo1HJu_I[YOUTUBE]

Tour of Duty Season 1 - better than the Hollywood crud.

Thats "Paint it Black" by rolling stones

back on topic, A big THANKS guys, downloading now

This map runs just as smooth as utes for me :)

REALY :confused: mh whats the problem i have 10-12 fps without JTD Skyfog

System: amd X2 3ghz win vista 64

4 gig ram 800mhz

ati 4890 (1gig ram)

hard disk 7200 u/min 500gig

REALY :confused: mh whats the problem i have 10-12 fps without JTD Skyfog

System: amd X2 3ghz win vista 64

4 gig ram 800mhz

ati 4890 (1gig ram)

hard disk 7200 u/min 500gig

Mmm...your hardware is more than enough. Maybe you could try to defrag ?

Congrats for the release. Now where is my theme song for Nam:tour of duty...

U4S3_1yoCBQ

tivuJrgCQNE

Fantastic serie. Watched it almost nonstop beginning to end (not really but close).

Congrats on release!

Edited by andersson

Gentlemen, congrats on release. Well done.

Now, as no FNG, I'm gonna be as blunt as a drill sergeant:

In 3 seperate playtests on 3 seperate areas of flat ground in the jungle, I have AI's opening up at medium range. I can't see 10m ahead of me in the same areas. This renders the mod close to unplayable in its current format.

Back in the day, Ebud had a solution with his Grassfield2 from IloIlo (really going back, I trust thats the right one but Im sure as heck not opening an old island with wrptool to find out...). It wasnt the prettiest solution around, but you could have an AI walk right up to you without seeing you at all. This is where it needs to be at.

Similar story to [HC] para -

Being engaged by enemy @ 200+m in dense brush with high fog, I can only spot them within 20m (without the squad leader's cheat target box I'd have no idea where the fight was).

Also having probs with the veg re;frame rate (3.6 Intel & ati5970 OC 2gs, 4 g's ram, xp).

Congrats on a very polished looking mod (the sound atmospherics are amazing), but I can't see me playing through many missions against the xray vision AI. . .

Hye nice mod, but some bugs are present, like the BAr Fll Auto rifle lacks a model. The Thompson also lacks a stock.

EDIT: The ah-1 cobra lacks a working gun and the rockets come from the centre of the helicopter rather than from the rocket pods

Edited by TomatoArden

Thanks for all the hard work you guys did on this mod. I'm downloading as we speak and I look forward to testing it out!

*salute*

Hye nice mod, but some bugs are present, like the BAr Fll Auto rifle lacks a model. The Thompson also lacks a stock.

EDIT: The ah-1 cobra lacks a working gun and the rockets come from the centre of the helicopter rather than from the rocket pods

AH-1 is fixed but update wasnt included...

BAR? that is coming in the next release... call it forshadowing...

Thompson that is lacking a stock is the Vietnamese (VC) made Thompson. To cut down on the weight of the weapon, they went without a stock.

To get jungle firefights working, try putting values in the int lines of units in thick jungle. I just start playing around with the values, but starting to get more of a VC feel out of em.

this setskill ["spotDistance",0.1]; this setskill ["spotTime",0.1]; this setskill ["aimingShake",.2]; this setskill ["aimingAccuracy",0.07]; this setskill ["aimingSpeed",0.1]; this setskill ["Courage",0.1]; this setUnitPosWeak "middle";

(this is with the skill slider all the way down, upping it still seems to have an a effect and may be a good place to start).

Going to need quite a bit of tweaking to get it just right, but here's what I have so far. Short spot distance and low accuracy gives a pretty good feel, they don't see you until you're close and the low accuracy makes it feel like they're spraying the foliage. Still produces oddities when you get up close or anywhere where you can see em at a distance.

The above settings are probably too easy, but not 200m head shots. Play around with the values a bit.

I'd also love to know how to up their volume of fire.

Edited by Ryujin

AH-1 is fixed but update wasnt included...

BAR? that is coming in the next release... call it forshadowing...

Thompson that is lacking a stock is the Vietnamese (VC) made Thompson. To cut down on the weight of the weapon, they went without a stock.

ah cool, good to hear these. The Thompson, I understand, they might not bother!

another thing, the sterling only fires full auto, i thought it had a fire slector. the predecessor sten certainly did anyway

another thing, the sterling only fires full auto, i thought it had a fire slector. the predecessor sten certainly did anyway

I will check on the Sterling... Made this model so long ago I forgot what I was thinking... Initial search confirms your thoughts... but I want to double check to see where I was headed 'back in the day'...

Which Sten had a fire selector? Not the Mk II... I have one in the family arsenal... automatic or safe...

Sten MkII (& SD) should be making a showing here in the next release or two... The Belgian army made a Sten called the Imperia (if memory serves) and I believe that had a fire selector on it... but that won't make the MOD... :(

Use arty: on the radio press 0-0-0 i believe to activate arty. should get a hint saying support request available: artillery barrage. next do 0-8-1-1 on the radio and you have arty options. You will then have 3 options there. Make sure you are viewing the map and are with you rmouse pointer on the actual position of the map where you want this support as once you press on eof these 3 options it will ask for coordinates and take the coordinates that you mouse is pointing on. Also stay clear of the arty location about 2 map squares. HE rounds have a big blast radius. This is a BIS arty module, so we cannot change how it works. Maybe we will develop our own, but doubt it as this works.

Chopper RTB stuff: The chopper lands and stays there for all troops to disembark that is set up that way in the script. This script is still in development so it will most likely improve abit, we will keep in mind the shutting down of the engine and see if we can still have it on. We didn't want automatic RTB as you might decide to have it stay around and wait for you. Wouldn't that be a b#$%h if you ran out the jungle in a hurry a few seconds after getting into it with hordes of vc on your tail and the chopper rtb'd already and you will have to wait a few minutes for it to come pick you up again on the LZ with charlie breathing down your neck. Plus LZ hopping is now quicker. That's why it's set up like that.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the help.

With regards to bug reporting, do you have a formal/informal approach or should I just leave a message about bugs here? If so, then I found another, the smoke grenade sound is very loud, definitely needs a reduction in volume.

Thanks again. Loving your mod guys. Thank you.

Yeah Unsung team, thanks for all the hours, days, weeks and months spent on this project.

And I even (barely) survived my first landing on your island ;)

c123_crashland.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys and remember, it is just an Alpha release atm.

Expect some missions from us in the coming weeks and a campaign is also underway :)

Love NAM, mods like this and the NAM era hueys included (really missed them for a long time in Arma2). Great job and keep it alive ;)

Unsung2010-10-0622-09-54-48.jpg

Please, if possible for the future, include one UH-1C chopper without rockets and guns but with both door gunners (as used in Tour of Duty series).

Regarding bugs, here comes my feedback after a short test: OH-6 gunship is not usable (drops an error in the editor) and UH-1C gunship proxies for rockets and guns are a little bit up their correct position. Minor issues for this stage of the release anyway...

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

great to see this mod in arma2, thanks unsung team!