Sign in to follow this  
Sabre=TE=

Independent countside trigger

I've got a mission involving UN Troops that I want to trigger an action when there are 5 or less troops left in a town.

I've just used east countSide thislist <= 5 in the past for opfor or west for blufor but how could I do this for Independent?

I've tried Independent countSide thislist <= 5 but it doesn't seem to work.

It might be GUER countSide this list <=5

I think Independent forces are refered too as guerillas

But I am no expert

Guerillas are Resistance, but I can't figure out what UNO are classed as.

Edited by Koni

the UN troops are GUER

side="GUER";

vehicle="UN_CDF_Soldier_SL_EP1";

I must have the original ArmA 2 Unit and Weapons list, trying to find a AO list, though I can't get a trigger to activate with UN soldiers though.

Like I said I am no expert but luckily an expert turned up!

It's confusing since both GUER and resistance are "Independant". :(

It's confusing since both GUER and resistance are "Independant". :(

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated. This whole mission making business is confusing if you ask me :D I'd never have come up with "resistance" :o

"GUER" is the string that gets returned for the resistance side. The other sides are:

west

east

civilian

sideLogic (all game logics)

sideEnemy (all renegades, i.e. those with negative "rating" which you get from killing friendlies or addRating)

sideFriendly (anyone with setCaptive true)

ambient life (animals)

Edited by ST_Dux

"GUER" is the string that gets returned for the resistance side.

If you put GUER in the trigger it will not respond to UNO troops. If you put resistance it will. They are both "Independents", but they are not equivalent.

They actually are equivalent; it's just that "GUER" is a string while resistance is a side (a unique data type in the OFP/ArmA scripting language). If you input "str resistance", the returned value will be "GUER". You would get the same result if you put "str (side this)" in the init field of a UNO unit.

countSide will never work with "GUER," regardless of faction, because "GUER" is just a string representation of the resistance side (remember, this is a unique data type), and countSide requires a side-type parameter.

resistance countSide thislist <= 5

This is wonderful, and great to know. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if it can be tweaked to only check for enemy vehicles, and still use the <= part.

I have set up a triggered objective where my squad is to clear a peninsula on Lingor of all enemy armor (or mechanized). But I don't want to have to chase down all the crewman who might have bailed out of their vehicles. The objective is to eliminate all (or most!) of the armor.

I can't use vehicle names (tank1, tank2, etc), because I'm using Wolffy's very handy random patrol script ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92480 ), and the vehicles aren't even there until the trigger spawns them, and even then it's randomized each time as to how many and exactly which type.

So I'm wondering if maybe that countside thislist can maybe be combined with perhaps the iskindof land vehicle class... but I don't know how it should look like.

If anyone can show me how to do that, I would be very grateful.