Sign in to follow this  
berbinator

Attempting to "Spruce Up" Arma 2 CO graphics

Ok so first off let me state my problem. I have been studying the Arma 2 and Arrowhead photo threads for some time and am seeing a significant disparity between the pictures there and stills and ingame graphics that I get when I play. I have Arma 2 Combined Ops and my pc specs are as follows.

Intel i7 940 stock

9 GB RAM

MSI GTX480 with 1.5GB Ram

GTX260 with 1 GB Ram (dedicated physics)

I have all settings up to very high (with the exception of shadows, which is on high). Yet it seems like my graphics aren't as "Sharp" and that the level of detail decays much faster over distance for me than in the most of the stills i see in the photo thread. Granted, I know many of the pictures are touched up yet I would like to get my level of detail higher for a greater distance.

I have tried to use NKT and keyget's noblur mods thinking that is the issue but AO doesn't like them and I get errors. If anybody could help me with either a noblur mod for Arma 2 CO or some other graphics mod that would be great!

What resolution is Your monitor? Make sure Your Interface res and 3d res are both set to the same as Your monitor native res

You could easily have shadows on very high with a GTX480

What resolution is Your monitor? Make sure Your Interface res and 3d res are both set to the same as Your monitor native res

If you set the 3d resolution higher then your monitors resolution you will get a more crisp image. I keep mine at 133%.

My monitor is a 23" Asus with 1900x1080 resolution. I will try and make sure they are the same! thanks for the suggestion

If you set the 3d resolution higher then your monitors resolution you will get a more crisp image. I keep mine at 133%.

Yes, but it will affect performance the same as AA. He's looking for image quality similar to what most people have, most run 3d at 100%

Yes, but it will affect performance the same as AA. He's looking for image quality similar to what most people have, most run 3d at 100%

Most people who take pictures for the mentioned thread pump up their settings for nicer pictures. ;)

Lol, thanks guys, I always love an easy fix... I always wondered what 3d resolution was :P

Oh My Goodness.... so.... beautiful :D