Sign in to follow this  
FireSeven

Static line paradrop

I can script infantry to eject out of a C130, yet is there anyway to make them use the static line parachute instead of the HALO version when conducting a c130 paradrop?

Just ejecting normally will make you use a non controllable parachute, however it wont look like A T10 parachute (round one). If you want a round one you could either use ACE as kylania said or you could script a solution with the round cargo parachutes.

Got it, so ACE is the answer for an easy fix to getting the T10 parachute that is non controllable upon ejecting from a cargo slot.

Is there any way to isolate the round chute and make it a stand alone PBO file. I would greatly appreciate some help with that. Also could it be made a server side add-on??? Ace just changes too much in my mission to use it. Plus our group isnt making the switch to ACE yet. It's really a huge difference with the jump when using the rounds as opposed to stock (the dudes don't float around like bobbers in rough water). I think the chutes are a huge oversight on BI's part and probably should be fixed with a patch, right??? I've hated their look and functionality since I was 16 in OFP days.

Is there any way to isolate the round chute and make it a stand alone PBO file. I would greatly appreciate some help with that. Also could it be made a server side add-on??? Ace just changes too much in my mission to use it. Plus our group isnt making the switch to ACE yet. It's really a huge difference with the jump when using the rounds as opposed to stock (the dudes don't float around like bobbers in rough water). I think the chutes are a huge oversight on BI's part and probably should be fixed with a patch, right??? I've hated their look and functionality since I was 16 in OFP days.

I do not think you can do it as a server side only addon. Chute's are considered a vehicle and you must have it client side as well.

Any one have any information, or help towards isolating a round parachute from ace or another mod, with the necessary permissions? Or a way to create it myself?? Really could use this for any and all missions. It's a definite must have. If this can be relayed to the ACE developers, I think that would be a very awesome stand alone mod for the community. Plz Need some help.

Maybe it's possible to create a new parachute class using the new beta command mergeConfigFile? Where you take the config of the existing parachute, create a derivative from it, using the round parachute model and maybe adjust the relative positions? Not sure if this is possible.

Edit: Note that this command might become inoperative in MP in the future, as it's meant as a developing tool rather than a mission tool, and have some unwanted side effects and bugs. Use at your own risk. See beta forum for more information.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Wouldnt it be easier to isolate the round chutes from pre existing mod like ace or bush war mods parabats?? Cant some modder just release the standalone version of the chute??