Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

WW2 map

thx. soon I'm going to release the new buildings + the new sidewalks. Later, an alpha of the map. why an alpha? because I don't have the time to finish it :p Anybody will be able to use\modify it as he wants.

hi,

I wanted to say you, good bye, i left the ofp community. I stopped to play at this game, and I stopped also the creation of addons. I spent too much time on this game since 2002, and i'm really fed up now.

when I would have the time, I would post here all the stuff that I made (but I don't know when!)

:)

hi,

I wanted to say you, good bye, i left the ofp community. I stopped to play at this game, and I stopped also the creation of addons. I spent too much time on this game since 2002, and i'm really fed up now.

when I would have the time, I would post here all the stuff that I made (but I don't know when!)

:)

That is really sad to hear. I was hoping to see you release your ww2 stuff. I can't blame you, just about everyone has left OFP. I appreciate what you have done and tried to do for the community.

Edited by Zulu1

Well, the a sad news indeed, i hope you'll release some of the buildings though that could be used on other maps. Thanks a lot for all what you have done.

Very sad, but sometimes we have to say "enough"... Thanks for all Your work, and take care!

thx

@prof, I have already released some buildings, asap, I would release the unfinished stuff. ;)

Sorry to see you go :(

And now I will write up one of my infamously long texts that reads like a eulogy to mark the occasion :rolleyes:

In my years working with other modders the thing that often struck me was that no matter how different their backgrounds were, they all seemed alike. This became ever more apparent when I started reviewing applications for becoming a member of a mod. They were all enthusiastic about "helping the mod" telling everyone how they could do everything, how versatile they were, how they were willing to "help with everything" and all that. Then when we discussed what needed to be done and determining how they could choose what parts they wanted to work on that would actually help they really were only interested in one thing: themselves. We had all of the required items as far as vehicles, weapons, soldier models etc goes listed with the name of the person that it was assigned to, the current status, variants that were needed etc. Many of these people were not actually team members despite their title because they didn't really care for the mod as a whole, and didn't fit into a team. All they wanted to do was to create the "cool stuff" like the Tiger tank or the M1 Garand, which were already done brand new by other members or which were at least in progress or listed as being someone else's task. The stuff that would get them recognition in the community rather than making a solid mod. When discussing things like map objects with them they completely lost interest. This applied to artists of all skill levels from brilliant ones to ones that only knew the basics. When you just start out it's far easier and more educational to start off with some relatively simple map objects rather than vastly more complex items like a tank. Quite a lot of them dropped out of the mod shortly after joining throughout the years I had been following the mod.

I can't help but think that at least one of the untold reasons for this was the inability to shine with headlines on the newssites about brilliant tanks and weapons and their names becoming household brands. The one thing that makes or breaks a mod is atmosphere, and simple things like objects on the map are what achieves authenticity, much more so than a tank with modelled bolts correctly placed in all real life positions ever will. In all these years I've only worked with three people besides myself that were really interested in less glamorous stuff (yet more vital to the mod than anything else) like houses, and D@nte/Sennacherib was one of them. Someone that actually tied the loose parts of artistic mayhem together as much as in my case Canuckausiuka (the scripter) did to make a balanced release possible. Imo you deserve more praise for what you have achieved and tried to achieve than a lot of established artists that kept remaking the same tanks and vehicles over and over.

Thank you for all you've done :cheers:

Edited by JdB

thx

@prof, I have already released some buildings, asap, I would release the unfinished stuff. ;)

It seems i can't DL with the links posted in the first page. Could you re upload them somewhere pls ?