Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

WW2 map

Awesome work Sennacherib :eek:

thx a lot:)

if someone is interested, I can release the first part of the buildings (odol or mlod), and also the psd, if someone wants to create skins for them.

btw, I want to add rubbles on the map, like the ones in COD2, but I don't have ideas. i don't know how I could do them; because they must fit the buildings, and they can't be too big. ideas?

hi, I have put a dl link for my buildings on the first page: these are the odols, i'm going to put a link for the mlods late; I must clean the folder before.

new pics of the map with the new texture for the ground, and the new sidewalks:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1241/gcs0118.jpg (199 kB)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5874/gcs0120.jpg (212 kB)

I still must add variety for the houses (more shops and different height for the buildings), I must also do some adjustments for the sidewalks. the sidewalks don't work on landscape very embossed. I must also create a curved sidewalk, because for now all the streets are straight

Great looking buildings there Sennacherib!

I am sorry to ask this question, but I hope those buildings are not too high poly?

It would be really great to have good looking ww2 town that is not causing lag on a weak PC.

Take care, Icarus

Intressting, very good very good. Maby somthing for Invasion 44 mod?

You dont have anything that could fit into pacific ww2?

this map and the buildings will be for "do what you want with them" ;)

sorry, no I don't have pacific addons. I'm not interested by these battles.

sorry, no I don't have pacific addons. I'm not interested by these battles.

Shame because I love your buildings :D

I really hope to see more of them!

I really hope to see more of them!

well, I have begun 2 new buildings, they are opened and the first one is damaged. + I have also begun a damaged 2 floors building, but I have problems with the stairs.

I make also a thompson M1A1, this is a way to forget a little bit the buildings :p

What kinda of problem with stairs you have?

About the thompson sounds cool, I also made one some time ago. Would be nice see a shot of it :D

I checked your blog by the way, nice stuffs!

Would be nice to see those building in a new Invasion 44 map, for example Marketgarden, Holland. Or why not battle of caen.

I would like to suggest you make all building open so players can enter them. Will be so much more intressting with urban combat if buildings/ruins can be open for players.

hi,

I would like to suggest you make all building open so players can enter them. Will be so much more intressting with urban combat if buildings/ruins can be open for players.

Yes I suggest you to make enterable buildings with predefined positions aswell.

cya.

Nikiller.

also try to stick to ruin buildings most. Most of all buildings where ruins or damage during invasion 44.

yes, I know. But the creation of damaged buildings is more difficult. I must respect the reality + make the buildings useable by AI. Also the texturing takes more time (floors, interiors etc etc). Also, for example this is impossible for me to create the 1944 Carentan town; this is too much work. So I prefered to take COD2 as reference for the creation of the buildings.

And only for the creation of the sidewalk, I spent 2 weeks:

- find an idea

- understand how I could use this idea

- how to match reality.

- different tests.

etc etc

And don't forget, I make all the stuff by myself, and I don't have a lot of time to create addons.;)

Would be nice to see those building in a new Invasion 44 map, for example Marketgarden, Holland. Or why not battle of caen.

I live in west France (Brittany). So I use the existing buildings around me as references. The architecture in Brittany is quite similar to the architecture from Normandy ;D

Edited by Sennacherib

buildings are awesome, nice work!

if u have ww2 fever, just hop in to our server to play some. european, african and pacific battlefields.

info: www.ofpww2mp.webs.com or www.nakedsquid.com

u can find event calendar for organized matches. we are playing COOP only.

Edited by Incubus

Senna, if you are interested you can make some weapons with ironsights in the pilot LOD, and I can see if I can contact the guys from the Binmod's mod to get permissions to use the animations and implement 3d sights for ww2 weapons, maybe using as a basis the WW2MP mod or something like that.

See ya

hi,

@incubus, sorry but I don't play MP games;)

@NacroxNicke

I haven't planned the creation of ww2 weapons; the thompson is just for the fun. But when the thompson will be released, it will be free to use. ;D

hi,

hi,

I have updated my blog, with pictures of a new enterable house:

http://3d-mod.over-blog.com/

Cool! Keep it up!

Nice town you are making here.

One suggestion: don't forget to make it AI friendly. I mean keep enough space between the buildings to allow AI to navigate between and not only on the big road. Towns in Kodiak island are pretty good made for that.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

thx

@Nikiller

don't worry, I have already thought about that ;) . Although, with the dumb AI, this is really a pain in the ass :p