Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

WW2 map

a new stuff for the map; this is a reworked trench from Pacific mod. it was really a pain in the ass to fix the problems (firegeometry, geometry, textures, roadway etc etc). Soldiers can walk correctly in the trench, unfortunately, they can't walk on the top, because I had to add a mass at the interior walls. the vehicles can't move on the top of the trench; I tried to make that possible but with the mass of the walls; that doesn't work. Maybe a Master of the BIS selections would have a solution

objects used: BatlingBitch's military objects

gcs0002.th.jpg

EDIT: sorry, in fact I won't use it, because the fact that the soldiers can't walk on the trench, is too much annoying. I'm going to make trenches with separated parts.

Edited by Sennacherib

Yes, i give up with those trench object in my WW1 map, but you can make sort of trench walls like here.

oh! yes, I forgot your objects (sandbags are perfect). can I use\modify them? :p

The trench i modified is basically from Reyhard, particularly the sandbags. You may ask him :)

an object for the map:

a big haystack where you can put an MG (the texture and a part of the model are from Linker Split ww2 addons, I have just replaced a part with an other one. The previous part had too much faces for this kind of object)

gcs0004w.th.jpg

gcs0016.th.jpg

:)

btw: there are no news about the houses\buildings; because I spent all the time at fixing a problem with the hedgerows.

btw2: And I try to make usable the tractor from Linker Split addons. (less faces etc etc), and also I want to make it usable by the units.

A quick view of the map:

objects:

- mapfact

-batling bitch

-reworked -new objects, new textures (ww2french objects by unknown)

-retextured FAB's trail

-Jojimbo's vegetation

gcs0004.th.jpg

Edited by Sennacherib

Really nice. That last screen show us not much but it will push my imagination :)

Traktor will be nice addition,but maybe You will think about church ;) ? I know that linker split objects are totally unplayable but maybe when You will have time :p ?

Haystack are just perfect for mg-42 like in Anzio movie :) Good Work Sennacherib!

Bielow

sorry mate, but I won't use Linker's buildings, they have too much faces. And for now I'm bored by the hedgerows, I must rework the half of the models and the textures. As they are essential for the map, this is my priority for the moment.;)

Yep.Those hedgerows are a bit of a pain. ;)

I love that last pic.I imagine with some extra "clutter" thrown in,like the

haystacks,that scene would make for some good close-quarters action.

finally all the hedgerows are done. now I can put my efforts on the houses :)

the textures are not perfect but at least they match the ground.

now the last problem now is the bridge. i don't succeed to put them correctly on the map.

sorry, I haven't given news since a long time, the reason is that i'm really busy in my rl (new job etc etc). but I still have the project of finishing the map.:)

hi,

first of all, sorry if I have disappeared since almost 1 year; rl + job + a lot of circumstances, gave me less time to work on addons. But since, 1 and half month, I work again on the map, the buildings:

so these are some new buildings (a new one + new textures), I have also added a porch behind the small houses.

a post office:

gcs0075.jpg

a kommandantur:

gcs0076.jpg

the texture inside this building was changed.

a bakery:

gcs0077.jpg

a basic café:

gcs0080.jpg

the Ingouf café still exist but an Ingouf's café in each town would be a little bit strange.

a new texture for this building for adding variety:

gcs0079.jpg

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

btw I have forgotten the sidewalks:

this is an example. the problem with the sidewalks is that I must create all the towns like levels (like COD levels)

gcs0078.jpg

tthe first page is updated with a link for downloading of objects, farms and BIS retextured houses.

Edited by Sennacherib

Nice work great to see you back!

STGN

thx mate, nice weapons that you have done. As you said beauty is in the detail ;) now maybe you could do ww2 weapons :p (that would be perfect)

alive and in full strength:p

thx. btw someone could tell me how to make compatible the addons with cwa 1.99, I don't use it (yes shame on me :o). 1.99 is a good improvement?

well most of the buildings are now in game, excepted 3 opened, because that takes time to make the geo lod.

-the grass is Linker Split's grass, I changed the lods, and reworked the model and the texture.

-the road were done by FAB, but I extracted them from the mod.

- some objects were done by BatlingBitch. these are the same from ww2ec mod, but as I had them before the mod release, they are not part of the mod.

- CAF clothes addon (made by MIG)

- Invasion 44 vegetations by Jojimbo

- the dude, this is your servant! :p

a quick preview of a city, this is a test : what do you think about it?

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6799/gcs0090.jpg (134 kB)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3341/gcs0091.jpg (154 kB)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4973/gcs0092.jpg (119 kB)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2562/gcs0094.jpg (123 kB)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/460/gcs0095.jpg (121 kB)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6126/gcs0096.jpg (121 kB)

a fortified hill:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2193/gcs0097.jpg (124 kB)

btw: I have updated the first page of the thread with a link for downloading, snc_obj. the previous addon had problems

Edited by Sennacherib

a quick preview of a city, this is a test : what do you think about it?

That city looks great! Is it A.I. friendly? And welcome back! :)

thx, ;)

yes AI can move easily in the city (on foot, and with a jeep). if the road is blocked, AI passes in the damaged house. I hadn't planified this, it seems just that AI is less dumb that I thought lol

WOW.......really great work, I like your idea with the barricades in the city really awesome, thanks alot Sennacherib for your effort.

Are you planing to add some sandbag positions in the city?

thx:)

yes, I want to add sandbags, but I must to create them. :butbut: ;)

Looking really good. Nice to see that You are back in modding my friend. Screens looking marvelous! Can't wait to see beta stage. Are You planning to make few open houses to house-to-house firefights?

Bielow

thx mate ;)

Are You planning to make few open houses to house-to-house firefights?

yes sure; open buildings: the kommandantur, a café, a house destroyed 1 floor, an house opened 2 floors, a damaged house 1 floor (no stairs) . for these buildings; my trouble is the stair. As it must be accurate, and usable by AI; a real headache :p

I created also 5 skins for the corner building, one of them has a nice advertising on the side (pic soon)

btw, I changed the texture of the road, and also the tone of the sidewalk; it is darker now