Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

Bohemia Interactive grows in strength! - discussion

From the BI Facebook page....

Bohemia Interactive has proudly completed the acquisition of CZ development teams Altar Games, Black Element Software & Centauri Production! Check out latest information on the new, updated, homepage.

...keep up the good work guys. Heres hoping for a BI treatment of a new UFO game.

Edited by Bascule42
edited the edit...

Didn't see that one coming ... :p

This is what I like about BI... they're always full of surprises. :cool:

This is of course a pretty significant event. I hope it results in BI getting more recognition.

Congratulations. Who would have thought that little BI would become so big and vast. The journey isn't over though. There are always things to learn and explore.

I wish BI and the new employees all the best of luck in the coming future. :)

Couple of questions:

1. As the consumer, will we see any difference?
  2. Will they now be called something similar to what EA have on their studios, like "BI Brno" or "BI Black Element"?

3. And will there be a merge into one or two studios (excluding BI Studio)?

Couple of questions:

2. Will they now be called something similar to what EA have on their studios, like "BI Brno" or "BI Black Element"?

3. And will there be a merge into one or two studios (excluding BI Studio)?

To somewhat add to question 1:

Does this mean that sprocket/IDEA is 100% Bohemia Interactive now?

nvm:

IDEA Games continue as partner in charge of business development, marketing, PR and legal services for enlarged Bohemia Interactive.
Edited by Jelliz

Good news - hope that all will have a great time creating, developing and releasing their dreams or parts of it. :)

Couple of questions:

For one thing you'll see new forums popping up here to cover the games in development by the newly joined studios ;)

Wow congrats BIS

at least you guys are doing the buying unlike that other company..

Cough

Conmasters

Cough

FPDR

Will these new studios work in ArmA2 at least in something? :)

For one thing you'll see new forums popping up here to cover the games in development by the newly joined studios ;)

:j: It's gonna be awkward...

Will these new studios work in ArmA2 at least in something? :)

I know Altar Games did some work with OA (See the 'Special' civ units) and I think either Altar Games or one the other developers had something to do with BAF.

So I'd say that's most likely going to happen.

Is it that "money is not a problem" now to BIS?

Hope BIS can make a ARMA3 without the old bugs and old defects...

Is it that "money is not a problem" now to BIS?

Hope BIS can make a ARMA3 without the old bugs and old defects...

Or patch and update arma2 so much that it basically becomes arma2.5 I.e. with as many engine limitations ironed out as possible and vastly optimised ;)

In any case i'm looking forward to whatever bis has in stock for us. With Marek's master-plans nothing can go wrong!

Edited by SASrecon

I think either Altar Games or one the other developers had something to do with BAF.

Oh quite a lot, actually. Didn't even notice, did you? ;)

Oh quite a lot, actually. Didn't even notice, did you? ;)

Oh, you know, sometimes we let our colonials do a little work for us.. ;)

RiE

Oh, you know, sometimes we let our colonials do a little work for us.. ;)

RiE

Oh you should let them work very hard, not only sometimes. :D In any case this is really great news. With increased manpower I hope we gonna see some nice dlc's in future. I wish that BIS could make just an epic campaign as CWC was. A long campaign moreover. When playing the new campaigns it leaves me always with "hey I want some more". It's disappointing that it's so fast over. CWC was a 40 mission campaign with characters to love and to hate. And that was epic. You would make us community members happy if something that epic would fit in your plans, with increased manpower I mean it should be possible.

kind regards

Bohemia Interactive announced the company has purchased development firms Altar Games, Black Element Software, and Centauri Production.

All four original development studios will continue operating both individually and cooperatively on various projects, as parts of Bohemia Interactive.

“Game development stands and falls with the skills, vision and enthusiasm of its developers†said Marek Spanel, Bohemia’s CEO. “This acquisition strengthens our studio by adding extremely experienced and talented developers from three different teams at Altar, Black Element and Centauri.

“It is true milestone in our company’s history.â€

Known for its military simulators such as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Arma 2, the Bohemia’s new development teams are known for creating a variety of genres:

* Altar Games – strategy titles Original War and the UFO Trilogy

* Black Element – action titles Shade: Wrath of Angels, Alpha Prime

* Centauri Production – adventure title Memento Mori, as well as games for children and family

Nice to see the firm is successful, and recently released standalone expansion pack to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and DLC Arma 2: British Armed Forces will be followed by new titles in the near future, according to the press release.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/02/armas-development-firm-acquires-three-new-studios/

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/09/30/arma-developer-acquires-three-yes-three-other-development-stu/

EDIT: Sorry, I only noticed know that this was already announced in another part of the forum. If any moderator care to delete this...

Edited by Von_Paulus