Sign in to follow this  
katdogfizzow

Working spectate script finally

Thank you HeinBloed You are my hero

I've been searching forever for a spectate script (posts and threads) and never saw anything that works great....I recently came across this working spectating script in a user's mission. Even now, I can't seem to find a gdtmod post through search ..who knows maybe its on page 70 buried in the forums somewhere.....cant find it

So, i wanted to share with all this fantastic spectate script by gdtmod.

FINALLY A WORKING SPECTATE SCRIPT that works exactly how we need it to work. (Perfect for our style of coop play) Magnificent sir!

http://www.gdt-server.net/

Perhaps i just missed the post on this spectate script somewhere. I hope this helps someone find this spectating script as it is awesome. CHEERS

spectating script, 3rd person, 1st person, scope, night vision, stutter-less free camera...has it all and works flawlessly :)

a true masterpiece...cudos

ADDED LINK 10/1

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.filefront.com/17340483/GDT.zip

Edited by katdogfizzow

What spectator script?

_neo_

Ditto! ....where is the script?

Ok, I thought it was on their website, sorry. i think its a German site.. Here's the 3 elements that got the spectator script working for me:

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.filefront.com/17340483/GDT.zip

VIDEO:

cKRRBuxrTRY

Note the init in this download file is an SQS and not a SQF

If you want to call it from an init.sqf, it has to look like this:

winend=false;
loseend=false;

allplayerdead=false;

[] exec "Host\Alive_Check.sqs";

[] execVM "gdtmod\gdtmod.sqf";

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

exit

--thx kylania--

Edited by katdogfizzow

Ok, I thought it was on their website, sorry. i think its a German site.. Here's the 3 elements that got the spectator script working for me:

Thanks man.

This spectating script is magnificent!!!!!

This spectating script is magnificent!!!!!

Got to use it in a mission once, it was really fun :)

does this script make the player who selects it an observer - so they can pan camera and film the whole map/mission?

cos thats what Im looking for.

a friend of mine wants to record coop missions from all angles including overhead. is this what i need or is there something else?

thanx

You can either use free cam or follow a unit with this one.

does this script make the player who selects it an observer - so they can pan camera and film the whole map/mission?

cos thats what Im looking for.

a friend of mine wants to record coop missions from all angles including overhead. is this what i need or is there something else?

thanx

YES!

I'm going to shamelessly bump this thread for all you mission makers who are inquiring about spectating scripts or not using this script!! Its pure blasphemy if you're not using this in your missions.

This is the best spectating script for servers with no re-spawn. If you're not using it, you're mission is not as good as could be, period.

It allows for all angles,free view, 1st person,3rd person,chase and tons of enjoyment.

-CsTpLcwhM4

Edited by katdogfizzow

Anyone still using this script? I'm having an issue with it. Whenever I die, the "You are dead. Entering spectator mode..." screen pops up, then nothing happens. It just stays at that screen. I'm testing locally, but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

It took some time while the spectator script is activated. The reason is that the script is especially build by HeinBloed for our GDT COOP sessions and the delay is build in causing of not to see who killed "me".

The line waitUntil {typeof cameraOn == "SeaGull"}; will show you the black screen so long as the normal dying sequence of ArmA2 is normally played. This part you didn`t see with spectator script... plus 5 seconds delay before the waitUntil-line.

AND i`m not sure that the script will work with only one player. It`s targeting to multiplayer sessions... not more, not less...

The only thing i can say is that the script works fine. Yesterday i played ArmA2 and the spectator script works fine...

:cool:

Edited by Buliwyf

I found that waitUntil line. It was commented out. I commented it back in, tried again, same problem, so I commented it out again.

I can hear the crow, but it doesn't get past the "You are dead. Entering spectator mode..." screen.

Than i guess your problem is that you are alone. I`m not sure that it works when you`re alone in th mission.

I'm using this spect, only with minor modifications. Works fine.

We use Norrins revive for our player side 'death' handling, but I'd like to implement a single enemy player sniper (amongst masses of AI bots) who will use this spectate script upon his death (without breaking the BLUFOR revive implementation).

Any hints how to do so?

If you use ACE it should be easy since it has simple functions that you can use that start/stop/control it.

Haven't downloaded this one and I'm not on my own computer so can't really test, but if it starts in a similar way you can just run it where needed.

If you use ACE it should be easy since it has simple functions that you can use that start/stop/control it.

Haven't downloaded this one and I'm not on my own computer so can't really test, but if it starts in a similar way you can just run it where needed.

Cheers, but not using ACE

I think this script should be including as the ACE spectating script. I have been trying to find a way to turn off the ace spectating and use this one but have so far been unsuccessful. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

This script works when someone dies and spectates until the mission is over, but the ACE spectating script takes over when a new player joins and has to wait for the next mission. We play all one life missions and would very much like this spectate script to be used when a new player joins the server

As of next ACE build you can disable that behaviour (join as seagull -> spectate), by adding this to an init:

ace_sys_spectator_no_seagull_spectating = true;