Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

World Tools 1.6.1

New world tools release is going on Armaholic now after their validation checks.

What's new on Relase 1.6.1

- World tools now is able to connect to Sickboy's Six Config Browser hosted on Dev Heaven to automatically retrieve object definitions while converting SQM/SQF-BIEDI files into Visitor 3 importable format.

This will greatly improve the program capability to produce a ready-to-import file that could be loaded and hardened into islands by island developers, using ArmA2 mission editor object placement.

Credits goes to Sickboy for his great support.

This screenshot is the result of a FOB import from SQM file into my Fallujah map. The FOB has been made by a clanmate using only the ArmA2 mission editor.

worldtools1_6_4.jpg

worldtools1_6_5.jpg

Edited by shezan74

New release pending on Armaholic.

What's new on release 1.7

- Bug fixed: Remapping tool doubles the " character on output files

- Bug fixed: 8 bit indexed images used as mask for Forest Generator were not saved in project file

- Added: Now it's possible to generate and export a single color from world tools forest generator.

- Added: User defined templates are now exportable and re-importable into different projects. It's possible to create a user library for each terrain type.

- Improved: Forest generation placement precision has been reworked to ensure more precision on coastal areas

- Added: sqm file import/export to Visitor 3 is now able to deal with relative heights over the ground. This option requires a checkbox selection and the usage of a CUSTOM IMPORT OBJECTS SCRIPT that must be placed into Visitor3\scripts folder. File is available from the import/export form.

- Added: World tools checks for newer versions on startup

World Tools 1.7.1 has been submitted to ArmaHolic guys (i whish to say "thank you" to all other sites that mirror this work too :) )

What's new in version 1.7.1

· SQM / SQF now export absolute altitude of objects. This function requires a modified Visitor3 import script provided with the application.

· Added the ability to rename a forest color name to reflect the object type that the color will contain.

· Added more objects images to template object list (vegetation) [by ZeroG]

· Added a lot of new objects from Summerplants 1.0 [by Bushlurker]

Edited by shezan74

And thank you for keeping us updated and for this great tool. I hope some day (probably wishfull thinking) this tool and some guides released recently will allow me to do what I have been wanting to do for a long time now ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

And thank you for keeping us updated and for this great tool. I hope some day (probably wishfull thinking) this tool and some guides released recently will allow me to do what I have been wanting to do for a long time now ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We're all waiting for HolicWorld :)