Sign in to follow this  
jasono

What could cause my game to be crashing with my model?

Hey everyone,

Got a car model in game and it loads fine. The problem is when I go to get in and try driving. As soon as you get in the car, less than half a second later the game freezes and Windows says its no longer working.

Hoping to find something interesting in my arma.rpt I just come across an ACCESS VIOLATION error.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004EB16C

I've copied a lot of stuff over from the Sedan including all the memory LOD verticies. I have a View Pilot LOD, proxies (in both visual and view LOD). This happens in either 3rd or 1st person view.

Anything that would be obvious that is causing this to happen?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Check your Pilot View LOD using the O2-buldozer function. When the buldozer crashes, check your textures and model.cfg (I used to replace most textures using a standard 256x256 black texture without material to figure out the root cause, which in my case was a non 2^x texture) or replace the pilot view (e.g.with the sedan's pilot view) for test.

When the buldozer runs fine, check your config. E.g. try to use a standard vehicle configuration with the modified model entry only.

Target should be to have an alternative "simplified", but running config / model and transfer bit by bit to check, what causes the crash.

Thanks for the reply.

Bulldzoer has no issues with the pilot LOD. It's essentially a duplicate of the original model without the wheels for now. The only time I can get it to crash is if I get into the car in game. Walking around it is fine.

The config I use is that I've used on various other cars. Essentially what you said, a simple config that inherits everything but the name and model path of a different vehicle. This is the only vehicle that does it however.

Bump. Still having issues. ArmA.RPT is not reporting any useful errors except the one above.

Really confusing me now. Is there any other common problems that can cause the game to crash when getting into a vehicle as either driver or passenger?

All the Cargo and Pilot visual LOD's are just duplicates of the 0.00 visual LOD for now, which loads fine. It's just getting in the car that bugs it.

Thanks for your help.

Have you checked to make sure there are no animations in the animation window?

Edit: Didn't realize how old this thread was.