Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Consolemasters ruin another title (F1 2010)?

Then, it's not like there aren't 10 year old games that model tank or air combat, or strategic AI way better than Arma2:OA.

Then, it's not like there aren't 10 year old games that model tank or air combat, or strategic AI way better than Arma2:OA.

That's comparing apples and oranges though. GP and F1 2010 are both Formula 1 games that can be directly compared.

I didn't play the original GP much but I did play both GP2 and GP3 a lot and was involved with editing carsets, AI performance files etc. While you could argue that AI is "fake" in every single game as it doesn't use 100% the same rules as human player does, the AI in those games was much more believable and fair. There was no rubber banding or any of the cheap catch up tricks back then. The AI driver cars wouldn't suddenly receive engine power boosts once they were xxx meters behind the player. The race just wasn't centered around the player like it is in F1 2010.

Yes, it must be really difficult to make on that list, seeing how it's populated by such hardcore racing sims as SEGA Rally, CMR, Dirt, GRID, Tough Trucks and FlatOut.
Dig a little deeper before throwing sarcasm in the mix. BTW even if it does list some not so hardcore sims even more reason to my point.

:wave-finger: :)

Edited by mrcash2009

If Dirt and GRID are there, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they list F1 2010.

That's comparing apples and oranges though. GP and F1 2010 are both Formula 1 games that can be directly compared.

Kinda like Steel Beasts, Falcon 4.0 and OA are all 3D first person war games.

Kinda like Steel Beasts, Falcon 4.0 and OA are all 3D first person war games.

In the same way your sisters/female cousins are all females, and as such are viable sexual partners... Right? RIGHT?

Disclaimer: I do not follow the above "lifestyle" choice, purely using it to point out the flaw in his argument...

Go broad enough in your definition and anything can happen (usually terribad things).

In this case, Steel Beasts has no infantry or aviation aspects -> it is a pure Armour Sim, and Falcon has no infantry and vehicle aspects -> it is a pure flight sim. So once again, they fall into the apples and oranges category...

In the same way your sisters/female cousins are all females, and as such are viable sexual partners... Right? RIGHT?

Ah, so I guess it depends what part of the world you're from. :rolleyes:

The AI driver cars wouldn't suddenly receive engine power boosts once they were xxx meters behind the player. The race just wasn't centered around the player like it is in F1 2010.

I guess CM was influenced by Nintendo's F-Zero instead of the Microprose F1-sims...

New Gameplay vid of F1 2010 shows proof that AI is lapping correctly and does not cheat. Again awesome graphics and ultrarealistic vehicle physics at it's best:

NUU_F9TvXco

Technically it is possible to reproduce with them, so I don't quite see the analogy.

Also, Steel Beasts has infantry you can move around, and Falcon features all sorts of armour and infantry too. So Falcon is not a pure aviation sim and SB is not a pure tank sim. In both, you can have infantry fighting infantry, and infantry fighting armour.

Also, Steel Beasts has infantry you can move around, and Falcon features all sorts of armour and infantry too. So Falcon is not a pure aviation sim and SB is not a pure tank sim. In both, you can have infantry fighting infantry, and infantry fighting armour.

Yes, but you can't play as them, so does it really count? Just like the other analogy, it might be sort of possible, but you wouldnt want to do it...

wincest

I've never seen such an obvious contortion of logic to make a point. Is Pulverizer trolling, or actually struggling to make a point? It's hard to choose. The sky and the ground are the same thing because they are both made of matter. Therefore they are both blue, right Pulverizer? Only the ground is nothing special because the sky was made of matter before the ground....

Edited by Max Power

I've never seen such an obvious contortion of logic to make a point. Is Pulverizer trolling, or actually struggling to make a point? It's hard to choose. The sky and the ground are the same thing because they are both made of matter. Therefore they are both blue, right Pulverizer? Only the ground is nothing special because the sky was made of matter before the ground....

No, just someone that you can fool all the time. Ripped off once, and begging for seconds.

One minute of digging (all of this was before the release of DR, so you'd think he now knows how to value things from CMs press and PR releases, and what they eventually turn out to be, non-existent):

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

Myke;1762136']New Gameplay vid of F1 2010 shows proof that AI is lapping correctly and does not cheat. Again awesome graphics and ultrarealistic vehicle physics at it's best:

NUU_F9TvXco

YOU'RE GONNA PLAY POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE POSITION!

Om84Zc4-KcQ

No, just someone that you can fool all the time. Ripped off once, and begging for seconds.

One minute of digging (all of this was before the release of DR, so you'd think he now knows how to value things from CMs press and PR releases, and what they eventually turn out to be, non-existent):

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

Here is another dancing banana. :yay:

Seriously, in a certain way, we've all, for sometimes, biased opinions. It's human.

But to consistently defend Codemasters trash in this forum seems... awkward, to say the least. Maybe perverse is a better word.

Myke;1762136']ultrarealistic vehicle physics at it's best:

i hope that is sarcasm. really i think its a pretty good game. not full simulation/not to arcadish.

Edited by rstratton

But to consistently defend Codemasters trash in this forum seems... awkward, to say the least. Maybe perverse is a better word.

The same can be said of the fact that Codemasters and their dealings are so popular to discuss here - But I guess fanboyism is cool, as long as you're on the right side :)

The same can be said of the fact that Codemasters and their dealings are so popular to discuss here - But I guess fanboyism is cool, as long as you're on the right side :)

I don't think you know what a fanboi is, to be frank.

I don't think you know what a fanboi is, to be frank.

Oh I do, and I am not saying threads like these tick all the boxes - Far from it, perhaps. There's just a very irrational need on these forums to cling on to Codemasters and their failures. Rehashing the same arguments over and over. I too was pissed that they drudged the OFP name through the dust, but when threads related to Codemasters continue to be popular, in one instance, more popular than a whole lot of other threads... Well, eh - As said, it's awkward, at least to me.

Tbh i dont think this thread would have turned out differently if F1 2010 would've been made by any other developer. The fact that CM did it just puts more oil into the fire.

Oh I do, and I am not saying threads like these tick all the boxes - Far from it, perhaps. There's just a very irrational need on these forums to cling on to Codemasters and their failures. Rehashing the same arguments over and over. I too was pissed that they drudged the OFP name through the dust, but when threads related to Codemasters continue to be popular, in one instance, more popular than a whole lot of other threads... Well, eh - As said, it's awkward, at least to me.

It's not the failures, but the lies, I think...

LOL. I love your explanation your use of the term there. "I realize it wasn't an appropriate use of the term, I'm just vaguely annoyed and really really really really wanted to use that word".

All the recent race sims suck in there own way and can be criticised just as badly as F1 2010. The rFactor based sims that are so popular have pretty terrible AI that have extremely simplified physics to the point where they don't even react properly to being hit. They don't even kick up smoke or make skidmarks. They all take off perfectly from the starting line in a way no human can.

I still think F1 2010 looks like a decent game, it's certainly an improvement over trash like Grid, Dirt, and their Operation Flashpoint ripoff.

Still, they'd better address those bugs.

])rStrangelove I dont think so - there are some people here that jump on everything CM is doing. Even if you repeat that CM is targeting at the mainstream consumer market. CM is and will be forever a red rag to them.

Maybe most of the gamers today don't want simulations/learn something and prefer the easier + accessible games with super eyecandy-sfx?

])rStrangelove I dont think so - there are some people here that jump on everything CM is doing. Even if you repeat that CM is targeting at the mainstream consumer market. CM is and will be forever a red rag to them.

Maybe most of the gamers today don't want simulations/learn something and prefer the easier + accessible games with super eyecandy-sfx?

It's not the graphics that is the problem. It's CM saying that the races are 0% scripted and yet the lap times don't make any sense and don't even correspond to the times the cars seem to finish graphically... and that the qualifying times do seem to be scripted. So if the race times aren't dependent on the time the AI took to run the race, what are they dependent on? By invoking the casual gamer, are you saying that console gamers prefer race games where their AI opponents lap times don't correspond to the time they actually ran there race, invalidating the player's hard work on the track? I've never even heard of anything like this happening in a race game before.