Sign in to follow this  
YayForLife

Help for a beginner!

I'm in the process of making a mission, and I thought it'd be best to seek some general help from people with experience. First of all, I know it's crap, no need to tell me that!

Now, the mission:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bs8b7ew89scw1qi

And a visual:

iool8l.jpg

The basic idea is that the BLUFOR are raiding an arms deal, between some arms dealers (Surprise surprise!) and some local militia, whilst some local police watch over the airfield (A small 4-man guard). When any BLUFOR unit is detected, the Independents (The arms dealers, using PMC models) get into their vehicles and attempt to flee, the main squad heading to the plane on the runway and the other two getting in their SUV's and fleeing to the town just to the NE.

Now, the mission works(Not well, but I'm satisfied so far!), but there's a few things I want to ask specifically:

-How can I make a squad not move? This is in reference to the main OPFOR squad. I made sure that they didn't start in formation, yet the always run back into formation when the mission starts. This also relates to the second squad, they have a member a fair distance away (Next to the plane), so they always run to a halfway point to meet up, how do I stop this?

-Is there a way to make a random percentage of the enemies flee and/or surrender? I have no coding knowledge at all, so any and all help would be appreciated!

-I'd like air support, in the form of a helicopter, to arrive when something is triggered, but I don't want it to actually shoot anything (God I'm picky, eh?). So it just circles overhead, making sure the arms dealers don't flee from the village (IE, it circles overhead looking pretty!). And I'd like to have a UAV available for use, but one that wont trigger the enemies.

I'm not too worried about the BLUFOR units on the ground, as I'm l'm most likely going to be using this as an MP scenario (I may worry about SP later.)

Thanks in advance for any and all help, and I'm totally open to all criticism and suggestion!

-How can I make a squad not move? This is in reference to the main OPFOR squad. I made sure that they didn't start in formation, yet the always run back into formation when the mission starts. This also relates to the second squad, they have a member a fair distance away (Next to the plane), so they always run to a halfway point to meet up, how do I stop this?

Put the following into the Leader init line:

{ _x disableAi "MOVE"  } forEach units group this;

Put the following into the Leader init line:

{ _x disableAi "MOVE"  } forEach units group this;

Thanks, but will this stop them from moving when they actually need to?

Thanks, but will this stop them from moving when they actually need to?

Yes, you need to enableAi.

Easiest way to do it would be using a trigger, that when they detect enemies, you would enableAi.

_neo_

Yes, you need to enableAi.

Easiest way to do it would be using a trigger, that when they detect enemies, you would enableAi.

_neo_

Could I simply change the 'disableai' to 'enableai' in the code, then put that into the trigger (I'm assuming there's something else I'd need to add onto the trigger too)

{ _x enableAI "MOVE" } forEach units guard1;

Place it in trigger activation where west (or whatever side doing the attacking is detected by east (defending side)

guard1 is name of group that you want to enable move.