Sign in to follow this  
rundll.exe

Report in, a series of developer interviews

Some minutes ago the IDEA twitter announces that this afternoon the first part of a series of developer interviews will be published!

I hope we can learn a bit about the future of BIS, and their daily work. Lets sees which dev is the first.

On top of that, its a nice piss on CodeMashers with their -what are your hobby's and favorite games- dev-interviews :D

Seems there is the usual delay from BIS in the reports ;)

Well at least we have this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1759973#post1759973

Sounds like BIS is doing good and increasing the cooperation is always a nice thing. Maybe this increases the chances of seeing an ArmA3 too?

Recently released standalone expansion pack to the leading PC military simulator Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and DLC Arma 2: British Armed Forces will be followed by new titles in the near future:

Pound of Ground: crazy action game from a 3rd person view with tons of zombies.

Sounds interesting.

I gotta hand it to the guy who made the new website. It's pretty snazzy! :D

But one question: are you guys not allowed to show the OFP box arts in the back catalogue? :(

I gotta hand it to the guy who made the new website. It's pretty snazzy! :D

But one question: are you guys not allowed to show the OFP box arts in the back catalogue? :(

Wow nice website indeed, its only up for a few hours then.

I think they wanted to avoid any of those "operation flashpoint is a registered trademark of CodeMashers" legal text on the page. Cant blame them ;)

The Pound of Ground thing doesnt even look that bad :P

PoundOfGround_ingame_screen_08.jpg

Do not expect over political correctness, do not look for complexity: your character is knee deep in trouble and the solution is rough, wild and decisive action.

Sounds like some insta-action fun!

Edit: I thought the other thread is locked, but it's not. Maybe move these posts to there? Its a wee-bit offtopic here.

Edited by rundll.exe

Edit: I thought the other thread is locked, but it's not. Maybe move these posts to there? Its a wee-bit offtopic here.

Not locked, but has been moved/merged to BI News section. Regular users can't post there. Not sure why they merged it, it would have been fine to use as a discussion thread. :confused:

Not locked, but has been moved/merged to BI News section. Regular users can't post there. Not sure why they merged it, it would have been fine to use as a discussion thread. :confused:

that was my mistake on the merge,

not realized discussion is not allowed in News section

that was my mistake on the merge,

not realized discussion is not allowed in News section

What a n00b. :D

I'm interested in these interviews. Maybe hints at next arma game or next dlc/free addons coming our way?

I'm interested in these interviews. Maybe hints at next arma game or next dlc/free addons coming our way?

I'd say the first one is about AI.

Seems there is the usual delay from BIS in the reports ;)

I know you wouldn't expect anything less..!

There was a small miscommunication, which delayed the whole process. Expect the interview to be released soonâ„¢.

I'll come out right now to prevent any disappointment: the first piece does not focus upon AI; however, one of our senior programmers is currently being tracked down.. it's just taking a while due to pathfinding issues ;)

RiE

however, one of our senior programmers is currently being tracked down.. it's just taking a while due to pathfinding issues

Now thats funny. :D

Nice to have BIS finally able to release the dev interview, nice touch on it.

Looks a bit like BIS devs have to work in "comfortable" dungeons. No windows, no daylight, old posters - no cookies and nothing to drink? :huh:

No windows, no daylight, old posters - no cookies and nothing to drink? :huh:

You'll just have to wait until you see a certain Dutch table. It physically strains under the weight of all the goodies placed upon it..

RiE

btw is there somewhere a actual picture of all people working at BIS? :)

There is none. There was an attempt on the latest company meeting, but we were so many it turned out to be almost impossible :)

Edited by Jennik
typo

There is none. There was an attempt on the latest company meeting, but we were so many it turned out to be almost impossible :)

Also, that "tea" you were drinking probably didn't help. ;)

Cant resist :bounce12:

Originally Posted by NoRailgunner

btw is there somewhere a actual picture of people working at BIS?

Originally Posted by Jennik

There is none. There was an attempt on the latest company meeting, it turned out to be almost impossible

:p

Thanks for the interview, didnt read it all yet but very interesting to get some of this background info. Looking forward to the next one!