Sign in to follow this  
Xerxes-17

T34 and T55 Configs

Hello everyone.

Looking at the configs for these two tanks. T55 and T34, I cannot see the variable which sets the T34 to be able to tab target and the T55 to not be able to do so. Scanning the lsit of vehicle config variables here, I can't see anything that would determine this.

I guess this is because this isn't a vehicle definition but a weapon definition. Probably the canLock does determine if tab target works or not.

I've looked at that too! And it dodesn't work out either.

ZiS S 53

D81

D10T2S

All three weapons do not have the "Canlock = 2" line and the same goes for thier ammos aswell. So for that parameter to be what determines that, neither the T34, T72 or T90 should be able to tab lock. Looking at thier superclasses I don't see any inheritance that would give them that either. The only redfor weapon that has the "Canlock = 2" line that i've seen is the 2A42autocannon on the BMP2.

Edited by Xerxes-17

You didn't look correctly:

class Default
{
   canLock = 2;
};

class CannonCore: Default;
class ZiS_S_53: CannonCore
{
   // no canLock override
};

class D10: CannonCore
{
   canLock = 0;
};

CannonCore inherits it from Default. ZiS_S_53 and D10 both inherit it from CannonCore, but D10 overrides it.

It's also pretty obvious ingame: the ZiS can lock and the D10 can't (just zooms in instead).

Also, you're totally looking at the wrong config (ACE, not native).

Dammit, I forget that it defaults to the ACE view sometimes. But my current weapon cfg is the following:

class cfgweapons {

class CannonCore;	//external class reference

class D10: CannonCore {
ballisticscomputer = 1;
canlock = 2;
displayname = "D-10";
}; 

};

Results in no change to the display name of the gun and no locking. Only the ballistic computer works for some reason.

But that is the whole config :( The same change done to the D30 122mm results in tablock being possible.

.....That's a good point. I'll check it.

Edit: Ugh, changing my mod list every which way does not help. Starting it up pure vanilla nad using the ingame mod management to load it after starting does not work either. How do you get around this problem?

Edited by Xerxes-17

Anyway, now resolved. The issue was with not properly setting cfgpatches.cpp.