Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73643

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[73642] New: event handler "fired" returns magazine name and object of projectile.

[73642] Fixed: Slow animation step on some buildings (doors on LHD,..) Merge from trunk. 73622-73640

[73625] New: mergeConfigFile script function

[73615] Fixed: Heads of distant soldiers were sometimes invisible (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4023)

[73609] Fixed: Fired EH (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13971)

[73607] Fixed: Person - helicopter collision not cause heli damage, (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12107)

[73597] New: setSimpleTaskTarget script function

[73589] Fixed: SetIdentity (relate to 73319)

[73559] Fixed: Ammo created with createvehicle inflicts no "hit" damage

[73555] Fixed: My own shots no longer causing a stress.

[73553] New: WeaponAssembled, WeaponDisassembled events

[73507] Fixed: Nearby units are notified of vehicles created by CreateVehicle command immediately now.

[73488] Fixed: AI helicopters hovering too high when deploying troops on transport unload WP.

beat me by like 30s to post ...

tho there is nothing special to add so enjoy the goodies and report issues

tailrotor hitting hitting solder shall no longer damage helicopter (typical example was LittleBird)

covered by [73607] Fixed: Person - helicopter collision not cause heli damage, (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12107)

new EH description

WeaponAssembled [unit, weapon]

WeaponDisassembled [unit, primaryBag, secondarybag]

Edited by Dwarden

Looks overally great. I noticed that AI pilot still flies with heavy oscilateing (at least with Merlin). And this new error was displayed when AI squad member "got in" a mortar:

Error in expression <tualShell = false;};
_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error position: <if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error if: Type Object, expected Bool
File ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_ShellFlight.sqf, line 71

[73555] Fixed: My own shots no longer causing a stress.

win!

Hi whats the

My own shots no longer causes a stress?.

It's that your own shots dont trigger the supression effects onto your own Player Char.

Haven't had much time to play/test lately but downloading this one as I type.

Thank you BIS!

/KC

[73642] New: event handler "fired" returns magazine name and object of projectile.

No wai!! :eek:

And presumably it also fires immediately again (same frame)?

So I guess these are just appended to the end of the passed array? Ex:

_firer = _this select 0;
_weapon = _this select 1;
_muzzle = _this select 2;
_mode = _this select 3;
_ammo = _this select 4;
_magazine = _this select 5;
_projectile = _this select 6;

I will test it as soon as I get it installed.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Yep just tested. Cool beans Dwarden (+ other devs).

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

:(

Well, it seems that the fired EH still has a delay before firing. It's not a lot, but enough to get the wrong ammo count when using the ammo command in the event. By wrong I mean the ammo count after firing, as opposed to previous behaviour where the count would be the count before firing. You can correct for this by adding the weapon/muzzle/mode multiplier to the ammo count, but it fails on the last round for weapons that automatically reload (as the new mag's ammo count is returned).

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Ouch! I do this manually now for projectile. Back to the editing board I guess :p But it will fix a lot of grief from future scripters. Fixed, hopefully all of them :)

[73625] New: mergeConfigFile script function

Anyone have info on this? Or examples of application where it could or should be used?

[73589] Fixed: SetIdentity (relate to 73319)

Does this relate solely to setIdentity problems or everything regarding delayed initialization stuff, some of which are only a problem in singleplayer games but work fine in multiplayer? Checked. KbInit works without delay, and I get my american flag back at base :p

[73507] Fixed: Nearby units are notified of vehicles created by CreateVehicle command immediately now.

Yeah, can eliminate some reveals now :) How near is nearby? Still get a delay on createVehicleLocal crates, although back to normal delay, not like it was in last beta.

Download complete, will check it out.

Edited by CarlGustaffa
Deleted question due to new info in post above mine :)

Two new bugs in this patch are occurred while playing on a dedicated server:

- Players do not get automatically the equipment menu on killed units which are created during the mission. The equipment menue does not appears until one or more (sometimes many) times pressing the reveal key.

- A dropped magazine can't be picked up anymore. I didn't testet weapons.

Was it this beta or one previous which now means when you tell your team AI to dismount they are now automatically following you once they are out of the vehicle (as opposed to disembarking at "ready" state so you had to tell them to regroup everytime) ?

Either way, thank god for that :)

Does that mean we can now alter vehicle properties in-mission? if true, that would be :butbut::yay::yay:

I'm intrigued. I hope somebody from BIS can better explain what we can/cannot do with this!

You can not power-up existing vehicle. MergeConfigFile is ment to be editing tool, not "pimp your ride" tool.

There goes my dream of "pimping" my Abram to be super tank and do a rambo drive-by the enemy camp....

I had again this "out of memory" crash during an autosave of the A2 campaign...It had dispeared when I was playing the campaing from A2 standalone exe with latest patch