Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH M4/M16 Pack ver 1.1 for OA / CO

Hi Robert. Pack is wonderful, but I am concerned about one thing:

Front sights on these guns are too wide. This is noticeable when not using any optics (Eotech, Acog, Aimpoint).

As far as I know it must be thinner.

For example:

This ACE M4

arma2oa2011011008515049.th.jpg

This RH M4

arma2oa2011011008512966.th.jpg

This is not fatal but a bit hampered when you with iron sight.

And that's ACE Team did with the M16A3 from your pack then added in ACE:

RH M16A3

arma2oa2011011008523981.th.jpg

Same M16A3, after ACE team add it. They did a front sight thinner

arma2oa2011011008521729.th.jpg

Will made sights like on Real M4/ACE M4 ?

Edited by T@bias

Ok, agree. Can then make the rectangular form as in these photos? Now looks more like a triangle. Or do as on Flip-Up Sight in MGS Pack:

arma2oa2011011014583695.th.jpg

Based on my experience, the RH's sight picture more accurately portrays the real-world sight picture than the ACE. This is based on my typical check-weld position/eye relief on the set of BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) on my AR. The ACE sight picture is definitely too thin, actually I feel it should be thicker, or the FOV looks like that if your eye is right up on the rear sight. Then again, these are some small nuisances that most gamers won't pay attention to. Gaming wise, the thinner FSB (Front Sight Base) offers a better FOV, which is probably why ACE made them thinner, so you could track a target better through your irons, rather than using more accurate sight picture featuring a FSB thats thicker.

On a side note, is there any way of incorporating co-witnessing in sight picture? I noticed that when running RDS/HWS/Scopes majority of models lack an back up rear sight.

4074316_f496.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3512/3296159086_d82b05cec8.jpg 158 kb

Oh and how easy is it to re-skin a model? I would like to have a camouflaged SPR, Mk12, something that matches the desert camouflaged MK18s.

http://www.snipershide.com/UserFiles/Image/Image/SH_MK12-1.jpg 910 kb

And of all lower receivers to use on the M4/M16s, why Rock River Arms? I know they won a contract with the DEA, but don't believe they make any runs for the US military. Why not a Colt/FN (or other US MIL contractor for the receivers)?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2552415785_2b227ae823_z.jpg?zz=1 145 kb

Colt_M16A4_2220_small.jpg

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be honest I'm not sure it's even possible to create a correct sight picture in-game for iron sights. IRL the peep hole is simply tiny and if you made it in the same proprotion in-game it would just become pixelated and you wouldn't see anything at all.

@XDMerciless

Without proper parallax can't do this trick ingame

3296159086_d82b05cec8.jpg

Reskin is not hard to do ,but takes too much time to create some nice reskins.

The Rock River Arms is only on Mk18's - on M4's or other M16's they got Colt/FN

@XDMerciless

Without proper parallax can't do this trick ingame

Reskin is not hard to do ,but takes too much time to create some nice reskins.

The Rock River Arms is only on Mk18's - on M4's or other M16's they got Colt/FN

With regard to co-witnessing, that is too bad. Another question, somewhat on the same matter, but is there a way to implement a toggle on RDS/HWS brightness? For instance the current default in-game brightness level of the EOTech, seems to be at relatively high, at level ~14/20, which is extremely bright for indoor or low-light environments (though there is lesser possibility the reticule will be washed out by white light - flashlight), but makes the 1-MOA dot in the dreaded "Donut of Death", look like a 4 MOA dot, making hard to place shots at say 300 m as the dot will completely cover a head (equally holds true for the Aimpoints like the M4, what is supposed to be a 2 MOA dot but seems like the original CompM2 with a 4 MOA dot).

As for re-skinning, I'd be willing to work on it, if you could export a 2D map of the Mk12 skin Mod1/with or without the can (suppressor). Otherwise I would do it myself, for personal use, but I am unfamiliar with what program is used to export skins or recompile them.

With regard to co-witnessing, that is too bad. Another question, somewhat on the same matter, but is there a way to implement a toggle on RDS/HWS brightness? For instance the current default in-game brightness level of the EOTech, seems to be at relatively high, at level ~14/20, which is extremely bright for indoor or low-light environments (though there is lesser possibility the reticule will be washed out by white light - flashlight), but makes the 1-MOA dot in the dreaded "Donut of Death", look like a 4 MOA dot, making hard to place shots at say 300 m as the dot will completely cover a head (equally holds true for the Aimpoints like the M4, what is supposed to be a 2 MOA dot but seems like the original CompM2 with a 4 MOA dot).

As for re-skinning, I'd be willing to work on it, if you could export a 2D map of the Mk12 skin Mod1/with or without the can (suppressor). Otherwise I would do it myself, for personal use, but I am unfamiliar with what program is used to export skins or recompile them.

In ArmA2 you can't toggle brightness level of reticles like dot or eotech ingame , only it can be lowered by fixed rvmat material settings

You can just take the textures and create desert camo and add camo into texture etc

Edited by RobertHammer

Hey Robert,

What do you think about making use of the hiddenselections feature ? I don;t even know it it's possible for weapon models, but if it is, we could have a single model and multiple textures, to save space and allow custom user-made reskins. Then I could, for example, create some scripts to change textures on the fly, with setObjectTexture. Paint your weapon based on the current terrain, or change the color of the reticle etc.

Hey Robert,

What do you think about making use of the hiddenselections feature ? I don;t even know it it's possible for weapon models, but if it is, we could have a single model and multiple textures, to save space and allow custom user-made reskins. Then I could, for example, create some scripts to change textures on the fly, with setObjectTexture. Paint your weapon based on the current terrain, or change the color of the reticle etc.

On hand weapons is not working so far i know - maybe it is - somebody test it

Ok, agree. Can then make the square form as in these photos?

Now looks more like a triangle. :confused: Or make a thick like on Flip-Up Sight in MGS Pack:

arma2oa2011011014583695.th.jpg

Edited by T@bias

Please Robert Hammer i love the M16 so much, i wanted to see a M16 with TWS scope with 1.5x and 3x magnification.

Hello Again Robert Hammer.

I love this M4 pack, but there are 2 small details that bother me: First, the LE style stock is wrong. The model that you have represent stocks that are found on civilian ar15s from manufacturers other than colt. The one from colt looks a bit different. I attached 2 links so you can see the diference:

Stock found on military m4s and m4a1s:

http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/52115.jpg

Stock that your model represents, not found on military m4 and m4a1s:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/products/purtaca4.gif

The other is that you made the markings stick out in white on the right side of the guns, i don' t believe that it is the case on military m4s and m16s.

If you could correct these small issues + implement the same suggestions that i have told you about in the HK416 pack thread it would be great. Also it would be neat if the ACE version of the packs could use the script that allow you to deploy and fold the grenade lauchers sight on the grenade lauchers equiped rifles.

And also somebody asked you earlier if you could make a version of the pack that uses the default sounds so that they would get replaced when using a soundmod. I second the idea. Please don' t take it wrong i like most of the sounds that you gave to the guns, but it' s just that it looks or rather sounds stupid when somebody fires an m4a1 from lets say ACE2 and then the guy next to him fires another m4a1 from your pack that sounds completely different.

It' s already weird that 2 guns that should be exactly the sames look a bit different, let' s not make it weirder shall we.

Anyway keep on making these awesome packs and once again thanks for all the hard work that you have put in.

@Tisman

that stock i have is the M4 one - which is proper one

White text is ok - most of US army dont have it (because those are old M4 receivers) ,but i will keep it , because most of new receivers have that

About sounds - i said before what i think about it

Edited by RobertHammer

Are you sure? I still think that your stock looks more like the one on the second picture than the one on the first pic. The stock found on the BIS m4a1s is the right model. But oh well that won' t stop me from using the pack.

About the sounds, point taken.

Is there a way to deactivate the sounds that come with the weapon pack? I'd like them to blend in with the rest of the sound mod I use.

What I did was unpack the pbo and replace the sounds in it with the ones from my sound mod (in this case JSRS). You could also probably edit the config.cpp in rh_m4_cfg.pbo so the sounds point to your sound mod.

Hmm, I tried messing around with the sounds. I failed horribly though... Could you upload your version with the JSRS sounds?

Much appreciated Pachira! Shame JSRS doesn't have the m4 burst sound though.

Awsome job, man but sorry, I can´t make it work.

Does it install as a regular addon ?? It doesn´t appear in expasions menu.

Any suggestion?

Don't get me wrong, I think ACOG is just fine. Brilliant in fact.

But ... there's M16 / 203 / Aimpoint. Closest I can get with M4 (so far as I can tell) is 203 / ACOG.

RFE? I should just suck it up and go M16?

Or have I just missed it somehow. <<= this

^5

http://www.bentrem.sycks.net/75thr/arma/images/AimPoint.jpg (155 kB)

Edited by Tremblay

I'm not sure how hard you're looking. But this pack includes both an M4 and an M4A1 with an aimdot / M203

edit:

Classnames are:

RH_m4glaim

RH_m4a1glaim