Sign in to follow this  
IrishDeviant

EA-6B Prowler - WiP by IrishDeviant

Hey, having looked at the first post Id like any of the following from your list:

-Hawker Hurricane (That is what you refer to as Hurricane WWII right)

-P51 Mustang

Those two because I'm British and both those aircraft where first used by the RAF (yep, the mustang was even built to an RAF specification)

More modern stuff:

SEPECAT Jaguar (mentioned previously) - awesome aircraft still used by india

F-105 Thunderchief (Megabeast bomber)

On new vote?

Well allright:

F-14

MiG-25 / MiG-31 (I dont care which one)

Cant decide on a third one.

i think if you did a hawker hunter you would win alot of people over

Come on the list he gave us is long enough. Check the first post, there a like 50 planes to choose from.

Edited by Dr. Horrible

Just to be clear, it's unlikely that I'll be modeling an older aircraft. If something like a P-51 Mustang gets a lot of popular support, then I'd be happy to add it to my short list of side projects, but in my first post I did make the recommendation of voting for something that has not only a practical function within Arma, but something that can be used by mission makers for a more advanced and diverse combat experience. It can be said that if a mission maker was making a mission for a WWII mod, then I'd understand it's relevance, however, most people aren't running WWII mods. I'm just trying to find an aircraft that has both popular support, and will be relevant and widely used. There's really no point in modeling an aircraft that's going to show up on one or two servers.

I have actually already started making a C-130 as well as an AC-130 Spectra/Spooky variant. As well as a F-35 Lighting II. ...I know some of you may say there is already an F-35 in Arma II, and to that I would say, "bullshit, there's an X-35 in Arma II". ...The C-130 is fairly easy to model and shouldn't take me too long. And, the F-35 is something I was going to make regardless of whether people want it or not. Although, since the C-130 will be done shortly, I will still be looking for another aircraft to model, and whatever aircraft you guys decide on will take priority over the F-35.

So far though, I think the Jaguar is in the lead for support.

Well, I would like to see some love to OPFOR, something for CAS or large transport aircraft for them (to "counter" the C-130).

And the F-14 :pet5:

But anything is fine since its your call at the end.

Count my vote also on the F-14. I know the AIM-54 wont make much sense on the ArmA-maps, but damn this jet is BEAUTIFULL. Also, theres always the CAS variant.

If you dont want to do a F-14, Im for a russian fighter. Vanilla ArmA only has anti-ground jets for OPFOR, so I want to see a MiG on OPFOR side.

Excellent, the jaguar would be appreciated by us brits and french as well as any indians! The jet would be quite useful tactically in arma 2 because of its low level and STOL capabilities. It would sill be pretty relaistic to feature as well, as they only remove it from raf service in 07 and french in 05!

PS thanks Irish for considering this aircraft!

PPS maybe you should rename this topic or get an admin too so its more relevant title. Maybe change it to "IrishDeviant's WIP thread" :)

Edited by TomatoArden
I VOTE SHAGUAR

Imho it would be good to have a proper plane for the third side/faction. SEPECAT Jaguar and Saab Gripen would be great for Resistance/Guerilla Air Force.

One completly redone F-14 would be my dream. Maybe even the F-14D which, according to Wikipedia, was actually more capable then the F/A-18 Hornet. (But also more expensive in maintenance).

Either way, thanks for letting the community influence your next project, thats pretty great in itself.

One completly redone F-14 would be my dream. Maybe even the F-14D which, according to Wikipedia, was actually more capable then the F/A-18 Hornet. (But also more expensive in maintenance).

Either way, thanks for letting the community influence your next project, thats pretty great in itself.

rgr on the F-14... And, as for letting the community have a vote, well, it's going surprisingly better than I thought it would. Video game communities tends to be very, well, how should I put this... ungrateful, whiny, spoiled, etc, etc, etc. I get so tired of hearing, "why don't you do this instead", or "making that model is stupid, we don't need that", ....Fortunately there hasn't been much of that in this thread. And, the whole idea of letting the community vote was to subvert some of that. But, I'm sure when I make my decision on which aircraft I'll be doing, there will inevitably be a few posts from people saying how stupid they think it is that I'm making whatever aircraft I decide on. Then, they'll list a dozen reasons as why they think the aircraft is a bad idea. It just kind of goes with the territory. To be honest, it's just the anonymous internet factor that lets a small number of these community members act like pricks. I must say though, in general, I'm fairly impressed with this community. I've had some issues with a few people, but nothing like I've dealt with from other communities.

rgr on the F-14... And, as for letting the community have a vote, well, it's going surprisingly better than I thought it would. Video game communities tends to be very, well, how should I put this... ungrateful, whiny, spoiled, etc, etc, etc. I get so tired of hearing, "why don't you do this instead", or "making that model is stupid, we don't need that", ....Fortunately there hasn't been much of that in this thread. And, the whole idea of letting the community vote was to subvert some of that. But, I'm sure when I make my decision on which aircraft I'll be doing, there will inevitably be a few posts from people saying how stupid they think it is that I'm making whatever aircraft I decide on. Then, they'll list a dozen reasons as why they think the aircraft is a bad idea. It just kind of goes with the territory. To be honest, it's just the anonymous internet factor that lets a small number of these community members act like pricks. I must say though, in general, I'm fairly impressed with this community. I've had some issues with a few people, but nothing like I've dealt with from other communities.

Well all the guys who are here since OFP (which came out 2001) are at least in their middle twenties. So yeah, this community is quite mature

To be honest, sometimes I think it became even a bit too mature, during OFP you saw a lot more creative and "crazy" addons, much very well done SciFi stuff, all this has changed more to a demand for serious, realistic addons. (Rather realistic Special Forces underwear then a Tiger Tank or X-Wing...)

I personally will fight against this when I finally figured all the RVMAT and other texturing obstacles out :D

Oh and hooray for the F-14. A F-14 cockpit as detailed as the one in the Su-25 or MiG-15 would be amazing.

Well all the guys who are here since OFP (which came out 2001) are at least in their middle twenties. So yeah, this community is quite mature

To be honest, sometimes I think it became even a bit too mature, during OFP you saw a lot more creative and "crazy" addons, much very well done SciFi stuff, all this has changed more to a demand for serious, realistic addons.

I personally will fight against this when I finally figured all the RVMAT and other texturing obstacles out :D

Oh and hooray for the F-14. A F-14 cockpit as detailed as the one in the Su-25 or MiG-15 would be amazing.

lol, just to be clear, I haven't made up my mind yet. Still waiting on some more responses. However, your vote has been noted. :j:

However, your vote has been noted. :j:

Thats enough :D

Actually my F-14 vote might be influenced by the fact that Im currently going through all seasons of J.A.G. :rolleyes:

Thats enough :D

Actually my F-14 vote might be influenced by the fact that Im currently going through all seasons of J.A.G. :rolleyes:

k, your vote was just revoked. :p

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Main post updated.

Just a small note regarding the Herc info in the first post: The C-130J is the upgraded Hercules with a digital flight instrument 'glass cockpit', Rolls-Royce AE 2100 engines and 6-bladed propellers, not just a stretched Herc.

Stretched Hercs are called C-130#-30 (# replaced with whatever model Hercules model the base aircraft was). For example the RAF has the Hercules C.3 which is an Allison T56 (with 4-bladed prop) engined C-130H-30, i.e a stretched C-130H (RAF Hercules C.1)

There is a C130J (Hercules C.5 in the RAF) and stretched C130J-30 (C.3 in the RAF). The USMC Hercules already available in ArmA 2 is the standard length C-130J.

Just a small note regarding the Herc info in the first post: The C-130J is the upgraded Hercules with a digital flight instrument 'glass cockpit', Rolls-Royce AE 2100 engines and 6-bladed propellers, not just a stretched Herc.

Stretched Hercs are called C-130#-30 (# replaced with whatever model Hercules model the base aircraft was). For example the RAF has the Hercules C.3 which is an Allison T56 (with 4-bladed prop) engined C-130H-30, i.e a stretched C-130H (RAF Hercules C.1)

There is a C130J (Hercules C.5 in the RAF) and stretched C130J-30 (C.3 in the RAF). The USMC Hercules already available in ArmA 2 is the standard length C-130J.

Thanks for the information. I was under the impression the J model was 7ft longer than the H even without the -30 15ft stretch. Just checked the wiki and you're right on the base J model not being stretched. So, to clarify, I'm making the C-130J-30 and the AC-130U Spooky II. Also, I may consider the new KC-130J as another variant.

Wow, great news man! If I count all the votes together you might do the F-14 aside the (A)C-130. And eddyDs mlod is looking quite good, so maybe It is not that much work.

Beside that I am really looking forward to seeing the Prowler ingame as it might add another unique strategic component to the game.

Just to try and persuade you to make a Jaguar ive changed my sig :)

A shame. Because the Electric Lightning is actually a fucking awesome jet. (Not as awesome as the F-14, but close) :D

My vote is for something like kc 130, F14, B1B or french jaguar...

A shame. Because the Electric Lightning is actually a fucking awesome jet. (Not as awesome as the F-14, but close) :D

Indeed but Irish isnt considering that so I have to make a sacrifice ;)

actually, I might just have both and get rid of the one with the car for now