Sign in to follow this  
DARK-STEALTH

Destination for extracted PBO files?

Hey guys. I need to edit a MP mission that my friend let me download. After many frustrating, failed attempts with CPBO, I was told that Pbo View could do the same thing.

I was able to open up the Pbo file. However, now I don't know where to extract all these files to so I can edit the mission in the mission editor.

Could someone direct me?

Thanks.

Oh, I have Windows 7 also.

If you're using CPBO it's in the same folder as the PBO itself, just a folder named the same. IE: mymission.takistan.pbo would create a folder called mymission.takistan.

If you've installed your ArmA2 to Program Files and are not running CPBO as Administrator however, it'll seem to run but nothing happens. This is due to file permissions. Either run CPBO as admin or move the PBO to your desktop or elsewhere first, then extract.

If you're using CPBO it's in the same folder as the PBO itself, just a folder named the same. IE: mymission.takistan.pbo would create a folder called mymission.takistan.

If you've installed your ArmA2 to Program Files and are not running CPBO as Administrator however, it'll seem to run but nothing happens. This is due to file permissions. Either run CPBO as admin or move the PBO to your desktop or elsewhere first, then extract.

I've tried everything with CPBO and it doesn't work.

That's why I am using Pbo View. I can open the Pbo with that program but I am not sure what files to use and where those files go so I can access the mission in the mission editor.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

This is all the files/folders that ArmA Pbo Viewer shows when I open the mission pbo. I'm wondering what I have to do with all of these in order to get the mission into the mission editor.

pbo.png

You'd put ALL of that into a folder called domination.takistan and move that folder into your MyDocs\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YourArmAName\missions folder

You'd put ALL of that into a folder called domination.takistan and move that folder into your MyDocs\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YourArmAName\missions folder

Ok, I'll test it out.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Hmm. Well, extracting the files to that location made it so domination is selectable in the mission editor. However, when I select the mission, it states: Warning! Files are read only. I went to the domination folder and unselected "read only" but it didn't change anything.

Sweet. I figured it out. In the domination.takistan folder, I had another folder containing all the files. I got rid of that extra folder and now it works. Thanks a lot for your help.