Bielow

(Unnoficial) Invasion 44 patch 2.8

Greetings!

I want to thank You all for offered help :) I'm glad that someone play ofp in Arma II era.

I wanted to tell all interested ofp/i44 fans that after very loooong night converstion with Jojimbo on msn in night, he was so nice and send me a lot of his unfinished stuff.[big thx mate!Now in work I looks like wreck of man :D]

I have a lot of amazing stuff from old times ;) Some of them need only texturing,some modeling. A few things is almost ready to release, some done in 30% etc.I'll try to work in first order with these aspects. I want to thanks JohnsArt who gave me permisssion to use his stuff from I44 and standalone work.[i'm talking about arma stuff ]-so soon I'll publish screen with flak 38cm with Arma textures. (Ok it'll be at 2.8 patch :P)

And the last [but not least] person is Dr. Rebus - this package is.... huge...Thank You .

And now Marcel offers his help. Outstanding! I can wait Marcel. No problem I'll be waiting. I have a full hands of work now :D

So I think there is no time to loose. I'll try release something ASAP.

Than when community will play this I'll working on the next one etc.

So If there will be no news at this topic it will mean that I'm working on this.

Bielow

And the last [but not least] person is Dr. Rebus - this package is.... huge...Thank You .

Very happy to see all this stuff finished for OFP. By the way, is Dr Rebus stuff including his Italian North African units ?

Very happy to see all this stuff finished for OFP. By the way, is Dr Rebus stuff including his Italian North African units ?

It's hard to find this. Show me what exactly units :] there is a thousand folders and sub-folders... I need day or two to look what is only in Italian Front Package :D (I don't say nothing about rest ;) )

Hehe, more and more stuff incoming, this mod is going to be great

If I can have enough skills to finish it Fuzzmaster ;)

edit---

I totally forget about credits list from Italian Front

Credits:

Dr. Rebus

Gexking

Klallo

Indy

Stit

Pluslong

Edited by Bielow

It's hard to find this. Show me what exactly units :] there is a thousand folders na sub-folders... I need day or two to look what is only in Italianf Front Package :D (I don't say nothing about rest ;) )

Those we were talking in this page (scroll down a little, Spender and I did post some pictures).

Yep. Unfortunately I there is little truth in spender sentences... :( I have almost everything from them, but it will take lot of time until most be fixed.. E.g

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ab41_01.jpg

Autobinda have one lod with textures.But no interior, no other lods and a lot of small bugs to fixed. Need add new config, animations and the biggest trouble: gun is in front and machine gun on the back... how I will do this working :(

Anyway I'll sit to Italian soldiers after patch release (beside I have also Italian soldier Jojimbo version ;))

Edited by Bielow

This is probably the first addon that was originally designed for use in ArmA1 to be brought into OFP ever :p (without breaking anyone's IP rights)

I have reworked my Higgins LCVP so Bielow can use it. I made the model and texture for use in the Invasion 1944 - D-Day project (the texture included in that one was edited by Marcel, the texture used here is an updated version of my original from 2008). Model and textures (1024x1024 and a 64x64 one for opacity) were made from scratch in 3rd party programs before importing into O2.

Some of the effects on the textures are a bit unclear right now. This is because the original ArmA1 texture is bigger (2048x2048), and I haven't adjusted the effects yet for 50% reduction in size.

The ramp can be lowered, as is visible on the screenshots. I am not good at scripting actions, so unless Bielow adds more things, it will remain limited to that (not sure what more actions could be added though, as it is a vehicle with just one purpose, to go to the beach, drop the ramp and disembark the troops).

JdB_Higgins_3s.jpg

JdB_Higgins_4s.jpg

Well JdB what can I say beside Big Thank You ;) ?

It looks better than I ever imagined :)

It's another proof that Ofp is still alive and kicks!

Looking good there JdB ;) And very nice of you sending Bielow that Higgens!

After Jojimbo and JdB sending Bielow some older models we worked on, on the OFP days.. I couldnt be here and NOT send him anything! He just recieved a package of a few older OFP models I made during those days of OFP modding. He'll be busy for a few weeks I guess :P

Hope you guys will enjoy our work once more guys!

He'll be busy for a few weeks I guess :P

If he tries to complete everything that was never completed before releasing, he will be busy for a few years :p

I've "finished" the Higgins, and will be sending it to Bielow soon.

JdB_Higgins_5s.jpg

JdB_Higgins_6s.jpg

Edited by JdB

I've "finished" the Higgins, and sent it to Bielow.

I really like the texturing / weathering work on it :)

I've "finished" the Higgins, and will be sending it to Bielow soon.

Thank You JdB. Package received :)))

I really like the texturing / weathering work on it :)

And to think that the pac compression format and shrinking the texture by 50% ruined a lot of detail :(

Since I'm helping Bielow on his 2.8 patch, he asked me to show you a few pics of some stuff he worked on lately : flak 38 made John and Jojimbo for ofp, never released. You already saw some pics of this one, but this time, it's in-game. As Bielow already said, model and textures were made by inv 44 team.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5106/flak381.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5324/flak382.jpg

Another flak 38, this time made and released for Arma by John and imported by Bielow into ofp (with proper authorization of course).

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6250/flak38john1.jpg

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1246/flak38john2.jpg

Many thanks to the (ex-) members of the inv 44 team for allowing us to release their ofp stuff!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

By the way, a few WIP pics of something I have been working on lately. Remember the Panzer IV E made by Marfy and released by D@nte? I've been modifying this model (and its textures) into a Panzer IV H, using a few parts from other ofp inv 44 vehicules.

Since it's still WIP, a few things might change :

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6263/panzerivwip1.jpg

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/750/panzerivwip3.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1578/panzerivwip2.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6179/panzerivwip5.jpg

Remember the original model and textures were made by inv 44 team, I just modifier them.

(Authorization given by : Jojimbo as an original member of inv44 and D@nte who released the model).

hi guys, do you have some news about your project?

Well Bielow had crashed Hdd. All stuff he had still have-nothing lost. But everything logins and password kept on mozilla box goes to hell. He still waiting almost week (or 8 days)for answer of moderators about his account.Password reminder didn't work and he sended e-mail to moderators. So evereyone who try contact his and they are piss - don't be :P

Last time I had news from Bielow, he told me he was really busy in RL and he had very few free time... Same about me, I'm looking for a job right now, and I'm waiting things to be more stable before keeping working on the project.

bonne chance pour ton job ;)

if you have the time, could you make the inv44 map objects as standalone (+ joji_veg). :p

I like them, and a standalone version would be perfect for my future ww2 map.

Thanks!

I will see what I can do for the object, but I'm sure it will need original inv44 members authorisation.

Anyway, the project isn't dead (well at least for me), so there will be more news once things are more stable!

From my knowledge Bielow didn't lose 2.8 project. I talked with him and he will send his part to Fuzzmaster to finish it or release "is as". At this moment he's still waiting for response about his account.