Sign in to follow this  
raserisk

Make a Trigger activate by a unit's death?

As the title says, is there a way to make a trigger activate from a unit's death?

Like I want a Mexican Stand off moment where, when one soldier discharges his weapon and kills another soldier, then a whole firefight erupts.

Or the cause of a unit's death forces two sides to fight each other (Like in a mission I was thinking about where the leaders of two tenuous sides meets, one gets assassinated and all hell breaks loose)

Thank you! :)

!alive is the command you're looking for.

Condition of trigger:

!alive unitname

And if I want the trigger to be activated when no one of my friendly forces in some area "all of them died". what to type in the condition?

assign a name to each unit, then type:

!alive unitname [b]and[/b] !alive unitname 

and so on.

AND connects two conditions with eachother. Other Variable available is OR. By this you can execute a trigger if either the one unit dies or the other...like this:

!alive unitname [b]or[/b] !alive unitname

For more information get the Editing guide from my Signature. It is but for ArmA1 but still covers most of the options available in the Editor.

Edited by MemphisBelle

I want to add multiple unites, but it doesn't work... can you please share the exact script or command for my units? villagesoldier1 villagesoldier2, villagesoldier3, village soldier4

I want to add multiple unites, but it doesn't work... can you please share the exact script or command for my units? villagesoldier1 villagesoldier2, villagesoldier3, village soldier4

1) REPEATABLE

2) ANYBODY

3) Condition: this && (!alive VillageSoldier1 || !alive VillageSoldier2 || !alive VillageSoldier3 || !alive VillageSoldier4)

4) On Act: script or Command here.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2016 at 5:57 PM, Sgt.Spunkmeyer said:

1) REPEATABLE

2) ANYBODY

3) Condition: this && (!alive VillageSoldier1 || !alive VillageSoldier2 || !alive VillageSoldier3 || !alive VillageSoldier4)

4) On Act: script or Command here.

Can u set this to squads? I plan to have 20-40 enemy units & I don’t want to have to set each individual unit with the script..