Sign in to follow this  
kyfohatl

A very wierd problem with DAC...

When the player's sqaud is inserted into a DAC zone, all squad members except for the player and the squad leader are reduced. How do I get around this? The reason for inserting the player squad into DAC is that the player is not the squad leader, and I want his squad to become a part of a DAC generated battle (later on his squad members are scripted to die and the player has to go lone wolf and blahblahblah...). Sorry, I don't know how to use the DAC config files very well.

NOTE: for those of you who don't know, reduction is a DAC feuture via which sqad members of a squad far away from the player "dissapear" to save CPU. They reappear once close to the player.

In your DAC archive under readme\english there is a file called "DAC V3 readme_b.pdf", it contains almost everything you need to know, and definitely how to disable the reduction feature.

The documentation was not written and translated to English just because the guys had no idea what to do with their time.

And in the 10 hours you wait now for an answer you could have read the documentation several times. ;)

In your DAC archive under readme\english there is a file called "DAC V3 readme_b.pdf", it contains almost everything you need to know, and definitely how to disable the reduction feature.

The documentation was not written and translated to English just because the guys had no idea what to do with their time.

And in the 10 hours you wait now for an answer you could have read the documentation several times. ;)

I think you missinterpreted my request. I certainly wasn't asking how to disable the reduction feuture; I already know how to do it. Besides, it's quite useful. What I was asking was to how to get around something that seems to be a bug, because when the player squad joins a DAC zone all of his squadmates except for the squadleader are "reduced", but they shouldn't be because they are right next to the player.

EDIT: Ok, just found out that this only happens when editor placed groups join a DAC zone, if the player joins a DAC generated group, the squad is not reduced. So I guess I could script his squad mates to die before joining the DAC, and then he joins DAC... it would ruin the story though.

Edited by kyfohatl

Shouldn't this be asked in the DAC thread? People are more likely to see it I'd say.

I wish I could help but I can not. My apologies.

Exactly, because my first inclination was to ask WTF is DAC, but then I realized I didn't want to know.

The first problem using this method is that many that do not use DAC would first have to search for it to see what it is.