Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Nope I cheated el cheapo style and just set the background to be a picture, if you look closely the image remains the same in position and proportion regardless of zoom or direction, mooch quicker on my poor little single core computer.

I would use terragen for something like that though if it could be done in the engine but I know squat about maps or how they are made, flying in something that mountainous would be a wet dream.

Edited by NodUnit

so beautifull ! i love it ! really detailled i see a apache cockpit at Le Bourget (aerospatial show) it's really realist !

great job Nod! I really hope you'll be able to get all that in!

likef.png

hai pufu retern to ur btr-T kthxbii.

Dear Mr McDonald,

Thank you for your interest you are showing towards my work,

Unfortunately, the model i have in the works it's a BMPT, not a BTRT. I hope that doesn't bother you that much.

Best Regards,

PuFu

:D

PS: sorry for the slight OT nod

Dear Mr McDonald,

Thank you for your interest you are showing towards my work,

Unfortunately, the model i have in the works it's a BMPT, not a BTRT. I hope that doesn't bother you that much.

Best Regards,

PuFu

:D

PS: sorry for the slight OT nod

Probably won't bother him that much

But just incase it does you can always make a BTR-T;):D

On a serious note and on topic the apache cockpit looks amazing

Edited by vasmkd

great job Nod! I really hope you'll be able to get all that in!

Oh it and more will be going in, if you thought that was detailed just wait until you see it with wiring inside and more. But what is better to me is the idea of implementing some the systems Franze used on his Su-17, for those of you that have not used it, even though beta it came with a storm of features including switches and knobs changing position based on your actions, so not only are all of these gauges tracking and doing something to give info on the helicopter in realtime but say switching from LOAL to LOBL mode would flip a switch on the fire control panel and who knows what else..many features lie in store but I can't give many away.

I am trying to keep it low there is always that chance and after seeing it as it is now with all the lighting conditions I am very much hesitant on taking away even the screws that hold the panels down.

In the end this will likely remain very much as you see it and will see it, as I said..I want to leave it so it won't need me to replace it for a few years.

Reason being is not so much the detail you see here but what will be implemented afterward, the monocle displays unless there is a way we can get the display to show literally inside of our helmet and only in our helmet, lower monocle to get the info, raise it to take it away and relay on whatever else you have.

Also poo pufu..ever thread I've read that you posted in people are saying "Get back to work", the OT is fine with me, personally I find it amusing, like fox09's crash comment. It really struck me with a "hahah what" string when he mentioned crashing the paladin into a mountain.

Well I am glad you all like it thus far,next update will have more in store. agh..always a wall of text.

Edited by NodUnit

care to share a poly count on the interior for instance?

Not right now on account of it not being finished and in a "reference' state, all of the text you see including lines are all polygons, some buttons might become normal maps and as it stands there is a lot of room for buildup but also area's for optimization.

The knob under the horizon for example is 888 faces 1696 tri's, obviously major overkill for the game, The fire control panels rings surrounding the switches are actually model parts that may later be replaced by texture and there are a number of chamfers along the gauges that can probably be removed due to being in the shadows for the most part. What I could give you now probably wouldn't reflect the final.

Edited by NodUnit

... personally I find it amusing, like fox09's crash comment. It really struck me with a "hahah what" string when he mentioned crashing the paladin into a mountain.
The first thing I'm going to do when I get this is jump into the editor, place myself in the Paladin as driver, and crash it as fast as I can into a mountain. :D

<wipes tear> :(

Hahahahaha...you guys are way too much! :D

Abs

<wipes tear> :(

Awww I'm sorry Cameron *offers hug* I was reading that late at night and saw Fox09 with the first 'crash' so I associated it with him..I didn't realise you were the madman with the mountain smudge mark fetish.

Edited by NodUnit

Hugs still open...

Anyway, I normally wouldn't do this but the weekend getaway is coming up and I'm not sure how long the next update will take, planned cyclic,finished dash+FCP, finished collective and ORT hand grips all of which may take awhile to get exactly how I want them

Added a few details to help liven up the cockpit and make it even more realistic/accurate.

cpitdet2.jpg

cpitdet3.jpg

cpitdet1.jpg

Very nice. I can already see the altimeter spin and watch the warning lights.

warning lights are fictif ? or functionable like in the apache in arma 1 (i don't know the team who do this)

very nice, high five!

o/

warning lights are fictif ? or functionable like in the apache in arma 1 (i don't know the team who do this)

Just about everything will be functional one way or another, and this includes the master caution panels (not yet added) as well as caution panels on the sides for both CPG and pilot.

An advanced damage system will be implimented that will monitor hydraulic pressure, oil pressure, landing gear, the main gun, inboard and outboard pylons, electronic systems, both engines, the cockpit armor, main rotor, tail rotor and there is a chance for even more damageable systems to come into effect such as the loss of optics.

The AH-64A would be very analogue, the only way you would know these systems failed is through watching your instruments, if you see the engine go down on one side or oil pressure, RTB.

The delta will have an advancement over the Alpha's in that it will have a page dedicated to displaying the state of damage sytems however there will be engine, hydraulics and oil pressure etc pages to help you monitor things, a page displaying the weapons and countermeasures and more than likely a GPS display of the map with a crosshair to indicate your position thus minimizing the chances of "flight to map" crashes. The Delta was also built with redundancy in mind (backup systems and multiple things covering the same) So don't be surprised if you say come across a page with compass, while you also have the analogue compass AND IHADSS compass, reasons for this may come into play later.

You will also notified of an unlikely but possible gun jam (more prominent in the early models), a engine fires. These are tried and true systems used since OFP in the AH-64's

http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/manual/frames.htm

The OH-58D http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/projects/oh58d/58_frame.htm

The F-18 http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/superhornet/manual/fa18ef_manual.htm

And now the Su-17 http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/fitterk/su17_alpha_manual.html

Many things built and used in those aircraft will likely find their way into this one and if our ideas go through, much much more.

Edited by NodUnit

Hey NodUnit I've been looking for information on a "Precision Electric Turret" program by Boeing which was supposed to increase the accuracy of the M230 chain gun and work together with new HEDP ammo that seems to have not been fielded. Do you know if this "Precision Electric Turret" was ever integrated and if not do you have any photos of test installations etc.?

I've heard of a plane to make the M230 more accurate but not this PET, it may or may not be related but I do have some images of a modified M230 which a small boxlike object has been fastened to the top and there is extra wiring.

Polycount? (First of all please be sure to read the ENTIRE POST, not just up to the count and then stop to lecture me on how it needs to be this and how that is way too much..)

Including all of the 3D text (that is every letter or number you see is made ofp olygons) , 12 sided to be lowered wires, parts later to be textures and/or replaced with lower poly hungry such as the 2K knob and 110 tri each screw, switches plus the full body... about 23,519 quads and 96,695 tri's, BUT before you guys freak out and panic, is includes all of the refernece text and some parts that will later either be lowered or turned to texture.

For examples of how the text adds it all up, the Engine rotor RPM guage, likely to later be less than 100 tri's, with the 3D text and symbols+screws sets at- 2,216. One rounded letter or number generally equals around 40 tri's and one screw= 110 tri's.

Another example- The left side console as is by itself with all that text and so on= 23,529 tri's, take all of the text off and it leaves it at 5,212 which still will be lowered , less rounded knobs and segmented switches, unseen faces deleted, some of the panels less seen can lose their chamfer etc. But you see how the text plays in with the heart stopping over the top count.

Once more I must stress, this is NOT the final count, the text will NOT be 3D it is only there for reference to give you all an idea of what I am going for and how it will look, the text as you see it will be baked onto the UV map so that the gauge, panel whatever may look exactly as it does in render (at least as far as placement goes).

Edited by NodUnit

I've heard of a plane to make the M230 more accurate but not this PET, it may or may not be related but I do have some images of a modified M230 which a small boxlike object has been fastened to the top and there is extra wiring.

Polycount? (First of all please be sure to read the ENTIRE POST, not just up to the count and then stop to lecture me on how it needs to be this and how that is way too much..)

Including all of the 3D text (that is every letter or number you see is made ofp olygons) , 12 sided to be lowered wires, parts later to be textures and/or replaced with lower poly hungry such as the 2K knob and 110 tri each screw, switches plus the full body... about 23,519 quads and 96,695 tri's, BUT before you guys freak out and panic, is includes all of the refernece text and some parts that will later either be lowered or turned to texture.

For examples of how the text adds it all up, the Engine rotor RPM guage, likely to later be less than 100 tri's, with the 3D text and symbols+screws sets at- 2,216. One rounded letter or number generally equals around 40 tri's and one screw= 110 tri's.

Another example- The left side console as is by itself with all that text and so on= 23,529 tri's, take all of the text off and it leaves it at 5,212 which still will be lowered , less rounded knobs and segmented switches, unseen faces deleted, some of the panels less seen can lose their chamfer etc. But you see how the text plays in with the heart stopping over the top count.

Once more I must stress, this is NOT the final count, the text will NOT be 3D it is only there for reference to give you all an idea of what I am going for and how it will look, the text as you see it will be baked onto the UV map so that the gauge, panel whatever may look exactly as it does in render (at least as far as placement goes).

I didn't mean to strike a nerve. I high poly model too, was just curious what it was sitting at right now. Believe me I know that the details will be baked into a lower poly model and I do the exact same thing so I didn't mean to poke and prod.