Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Nice to see a update, if the aircrafts sensors are linked to the instrument damage i think this will be the first time i'll actually have to worry about it taking damage :D

Also agree with you Nod, one of the first things i noticed in A3, +1 on the ticket.

Goes beyond instruments: damage to the rotor will cause oscillations and make it difficult to control, while a full on rotor failure sends you plummeting toward the ground; damage to the wings and pylons can disable or destroy weapons; damage to the engines reduces power and can result in fires; plus a bunch of other secondary systems to go with it. It won't be as simple as alive or dead.

Wow, it seems now no one can really call their vehicle addon's 'detailed' anymore in comparison, you guys are taking it beyond... :p

Been following this closely for the last few months. Just wanted to stop by and say amazing work guys! Every small update you guys show I get even more excited :D Can't wait for it to be finished!

Have many of the missions have already been finished? I imagine that it'll be considerably less time-consuming to make those than perfect the helo itself.

Edited by The Coyote

It actually takes about a full day to make a mission from start to finish (briefings, etc - no voice/sounds) so in terms of time put forth missions are still up there.

So far there are 10 missions in the campaign (most of which are done, just need some additional voice actors), two training missions (out of 5 planned and none of these are finished/polished), one single mission, and two multiplayer missions.

So far there are 10 missions in the campaign (most of which are done, just need some additional voice actors), two training missions (out of 5 planned and none of these are finished/polished), one single mission, and two multiplayer missions.

Sounds like a good line up of missions.

If you need a Australian exchange pilot for the voice acting let me know :D

Wow, it seems now no one can really call their vehicle addon's 'detailed' anymore in comparison, you guys are taking it beyond... :p

It's very interesting to see people needing to tear down others to pump someone up. :ok:

I'm sure he meant nothing of it..we do appreciate the compliments but we don't believe our addon be more important than any other.

The apache is nothing but a tech demo without something to battle, without something to destroy it, without something to support and without a place to explore, assault and defend.

Infantry, ground and air vehicles as well as maps, each need something from the other to give them meaning and purpose thus I do not see us as being above any one.

If however you would like to assign us a term for how we go about our addon...then the title of crazy bastards should suffice.

Beautiful Addon... Just Beautiful Makes me want to fly right now.

8 years hard work! ^^ perfection take a lot of time....

Eight years? Three at best O_o (holy crap it's been that long?) Unless you're talking about franze's apache addon from years ago.

Since it has been a while and you guys may think we're sitting behind our desks giggling to ourselves about how we're just doing this to troll you I'll tell you a bit of what is going on.

Franze has been working on getting the cpg set up and is working on enhancing the damage system to make room for deeper weapon loss as well as the loss of MPD's (and more) alongside a campaign that will branch out into various missions to get you familiar with the aircraft, including a reference manual to get a more in depth understanding of the layout, weapon types and characteristics, specific page functions, operations and more including a glossary which includes all of the abbreviations because this thing is full of em.

Alongside that are missions to familiarize you with the equipment such as navigation, weapons and defenses by voice instructor, subtitles and flashing boxes to indicate much of the subject material. While we want to push the limits, we don't want to leave people scratching their heads without some guidance on our part. We're still working on how to best deliver it, while we don't want to leave your head buzzing to keep up with the constant instructions, we don't want to hold your hand either by saying "do what I told you" fifty times.

And lastly this is more of a "did you know?" But apparently gunners automaticly gain co pilot status in arma 3 and as such can fly the bird from the get go.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%203%20and%20Bugs/cpg1_zps7f670af9.jpg?t=1363342226

Still working on the interior shadows and textures, though apparently A3 hates my shader settings and brightens the whole cockpit anyway.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%203%20and%20Bugs/cpg2_zps02da155e.jpg?t=1363343114

Edited by NodUnit

It's time to move on your AH64 to ArmA3, since BIS are not gonna include AH64 in ArmA3, then it would be perfect if you could do this for our community, and be sure to use the Picture in Picture feature for fire control

I think it had better wait until ArmA 3 is in beta at the very least, or until it's released.

It's time to move on your AH64 to ArmA3, since BIS are not gonna include AH64 in ArmA3, then it would be perfect if you could do this for our community, and be sure to use the Picture in Picture feature for fire control

Nah it's not time yet. While Arma 3 is certainly proving itself to be a stable build for us, for this addon it's not much more than "Lets see what still works" for it to be tested in A3. We made a promise to the community that we would release the apache for A2 first, before anything else and that is exactly what we are going to do...after all of this touting and publicity, it would be a huge dick move to up and say "Welp we hope you guys enjoyed what you saw, we're moving to the next game now"

I think it had better wait until ArmA 3 is in beta at the very least, or until it's released.

Depending on how things go, waiting for the full release is more likely. Nice as it is to have modding in A3, it won't be our goal until the bird is out in A2.

Edited by NodUnit

It has not been released yet as it is not finished. If the time has come however, you will find the release in this thread and community hosting sites such as Armaholic.com.

NodUnit...when we can expect the relise of the AH64???? any time soon or??? i dont want to rush you guys...i just cant waiiit !!!! :D

The release date is... when everything is done I guess. If you can't wait or not is irrelevant as there is no other way than waiting.

Please stop bumping threads asking for news or release dates.

Waiting time is going to increase a little bit, I moved from my old computer to a newer one (for those of you concerned with performance issues, my old setup was 4 gigs ram, 32 bit system, celeron 3.0 dual core and ATI radeon HD 5450 and I was able to run several of these birds and a fleet of warring A-10's and SU-25's colliding midair)

Anyway, my external hard drive went rogue upon the final act and now most of my files from model to psd are unreadable..not to worry, this doesn't effect our moral.

Aww, shit man that sucks, much respect for carrying on though! We're all rooting for you! :)

Hopefully this isn't considered necro-posting?

When using the commands of "eyePos" and "eyeDirection" from the scripting commands, does it return specific memory points on the MFDs in the Apache?

If that's something you all would rather keep to yourselves for now, I understand, just trying to get a sense of how you're bypassing having to program specific keys for the functionality of the complex cockpit you all have worked so hard on.

Negative, we actually use modeltoworld to get the position of buttons/functions in the 3D model and combine that with a per frame handler to get precise positioning. We then use worldtoscreen to get the screen position and use distance from the screen center to activate certain functions. Noubernou made the initial headway on it and I think he's got a thread or two in the editing section on it.

Edited by Franze

Haven't heard much from you folks since the loss of files that happened early last month. We're glad that you're both still working hard towards getting the thing to a release-worthy state, but give us a status update or two as teasers!

I've been following this for a long while, and the closer it comes to completion, the more giddy I am.