Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Is HIADS like the british version of CMWS? Like The aircraft have sensors that detect the missile and automatically shoots of flares?

Yes they do. It's pretty slick, I have to say.

Moar questions!

something that's been playing in my mind, does it (or are you planning to include in the future) have a Defensive suite? i know the MK1 has HIADS which is pretty much bitching Betty but can automatically address detected missile launches or will that be up to the pilot? (either way its a small challenge when underfire :P )

Also do you plan to release once the AH-64D is finished as a individual or wait until all iterations are done and release as a pack? (might want to make a FAQ on the OP seeing its upto 105 pages already :P )

The Block II and AH-64As will lack CMWS but the Block III will have it. So for the Block II and earlier only radar or laser guided missiles will be detected; passive IR missiles will not trigger a warning nor an automatic jammer/countermeasure release. The WAH-64/Mk1 will have this HIADS you speak of but we haven't done the research yet for proper scripting and implementation of that particular system. The ASE page has not been completed for the aircraft yet and missile detection/spoofing is currently rudimentary.

The first pack we intend to release as AH-64A in Early and Late variations, AH-64D Block II, and Block III. This is subject to change of course but that is the plan. Post release will likely be Block II+ with CMWS and ASPI and Block III with ASPI. After that it will probably be a coin toss between Dutch AH-64Ds, WAH-64/Mk1, or Israeli Sarif/Peten.

This is amazing work! Seriously this is going to be the BEST vehicle mod/addon release of ArmA history. I can't wait until this is released.

I'm new to this thread and I'm not sure if you guys have your own site at which this will be available for download or if it'll be released on armaholic. Is there any eta? Probably not as you can put a time limited on a masterpiece such as this.

God, I just got done using the apache with the blew ace 2 features and it's killing me to use your model. The weapons load out capabilities are great. I really hope to see this in ArmA 3 and I also hope that maybe you'll make a RAH-66 Comanche model as well. If anybody could do it, you could.

Oh cool...glad you guys decided to do the ASPI models.

Also is the VUIT mast going to be post release or is that under he Block III models?

This is amazing work! Seriously this is going to be the BEST vehicle mod/addon release of ArmA history. I can't wait until this is released.

I'm new to this thread and I'm not sure if you guys have your own site at which this will be available for download or if it'll be released on armaholic. Is there any eta? Probably not as you can put a time limited on a masterpiece such as this.

God, I just got done using the apache with the blew ace 2 features and it's killing me to use your model. The weapons load out capabilities are great. I really hope to see this in ArmA 3 and I also hope that maybe you'll make a RAH-66 Comanche model as well. If anybody could do it, you could.

there is no set at the ETA mainly because things are still evolving to some degrees. I would say that there are significantly less hurdles however, we have most pages done, weapon systems are for the most part set..texture can be re-released as a downloadable upgrade if it helps speed things up. Aside from the damage and a few other things I'd say most (not all) things are about fine tuning at this point. RAH-66 is something I'm eyeballing but it would be more of a back project, since the primary goal of this aircraft is more about simulating the real thing as opposed to balance, I want to bring an opposing aircraft in with similar capability to balance in its own way.

Oh cool...glad you guys decided to do the ASPI models.

Also is the VUIT mast going to be post release or is that under he Block III models?

VUIT-2 will be included with B3 since it uses mostly the same things the radar uses.

RAH-66 is something I'm eyeballing but it would be more of a back project, since the primary goal of this aircraft is more about simulating the real thing as opposed to balance, I want to bring an opposing aircraft in with similar capability to balance in its own way.

So that pretty much limits it to the Mi-28, Ka-50 or 52 then, huh?

I guess it does, I wonder which of them it will be, which one is a two seater, designed primarily for anti tank and comes with an analogue and digital version, thus perfectly complimenting the AH-64A and AH-64D...hmm...

Edited by NodUnit

Mi-28 eh? I'm already drooling enough at the prospect of the AH-64.

Out of curiosity, if you were to ever do a European attack helo, do you think you would go for the Eurocopter Tiger or A129 Mangusta?

Is HIADS like the british version of CMWS? Like The aircraft have sensors that detect the missile and automatically shoots of flares?

The Defence system installed on the AH MK1 is called HIDAS or Helicopter Integrated Defence Aid Suite. Unfortunately I was looking on the internet for some unrestricted information for you guys as unfortunately all the information I personally have is UK Restricted and I may get in a little bit (Hell of a lot) of trouble posting it here.

Ignore my last. Here is a little article on Janes about HIDAS http://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes-Radar-and-Electronic-Warfare-Systems/Helicopter-Integrated-Defensive-Aids-Suite-HIDAS-United-Kingdom.html enjoy.

I guess it does, I wonder which of them it will be, which one is a two seater, designed primarily for anti tank and comes with an analogue and digital version, thus perfectly complimenting the AH-64A and AH-64D...hmm...

Looking forward to having a competitor on the modelling of the mi28 :)

really good progress on the ah64 though

Mi-28 eh? I'm already drooling enough at the prospect of the AH-64.

Out of curiosity, if you were to ever do a European attack helo, do you think you would go for the Eurocopter Tiger or A129 Mangusta?

a Tiger (Tigre) seems more logical, its used by a lot more countrys and to be honest nearly all of the Arma Tiger's looks pretty abysmal

Guess I should have been more subtle about that...

As long as Franze is on board sure, his coding of the aircraft is what really drives me, to see the divide between digital and analogue and further reinforce that with HUD removal, giving the digital version a stronger gap in capabilities. Though truth be told if I had a choice between the A120 and T129, even though it would have significantly less operators, I'd choose it simply due to being a sucker for digital displays, ultimately I guess it depends on what imagery and information we can find of the birds.

Looking forward to having a competitor on the modelling of the mi28 :)
Oh? that sounds like fun, perhaps you can give me a few pointers on the way, I'm still mostly a novice. That said however, depending on the stage you are in by the time we have this bid released, what would you think about a cooperative project? If you let us use your model it was save a tremendous amount of time, though I guess I should ask which version you are making.

Playing around with camera angles and scripting, tell me what you think:

Exclusive to this addon only! 'Apache headaches' now you can get the same headaches looking through PINVS like the real pilots! :D

You know you guys are going to have to write a manual on how to use half of this stuff right? :P

Mi-28A(analogue), 28N(digital) and future 28NE(digital with radar?). The armour hunter.

Ka-50 is a one seater... while Ka-52 role is Mi-28 strike group's eyes and command (at least that's how russian MOD decided, for buying 2 kinds of new attack hellicopters).

Ka-52K is planned for Mistrals and would be like Ah-1Z.

I try to keep up with this thread every time someone replies, but I may have missed whether the question has been raised as to whether there are any plans to release this for ToH?

I don't personally have the game, but was just curious as to whether that game platform would allow for more functionality that ArmA may/may not be allow.

Mi-28A(analogue), 28N(digital) and future 28NE(digital with radar?). The armour hunter.

Ka-50 is a one seater... while Ka-52 role is Mi-28 strike group's eyes and command (at least that's how russian MOD decided, for buying 2 kinds of new attack hellicopters).

Ka-52K is planned for Mistrals and would be like Ah-1Z.

I had thought the Russians were going to standardize on the Ka-50/52 series. Seems like they've kept switching back and forth between them and the Mi-28 since the late 1980s.

I had thought the Russians were going to standardize on the Ka-50/52 series. Seems like they've kept switching back and forth between them and the Mi-28 since the late 1980s.

What it looks like is the Airforce/Army is getting the Mi-28 and the Navy/Marines is getting the Ka-52, as Gedis implied with the AH-1Z comment. Personally I'd prefer the Ka-52 to be made over the 28. Looks, Flies and works better than the 28. ;)

But I suppose this is a topic for when the Apache is finished. :p

Exclusive to this addon only! 'Apache headaches' now you can get the same headaches looking through PINVS like the real pilots! :D

You know you guys are going to have to write a manual on how to use half of this stuff right? :P

Already going to have to; Nodunit forgot how to use PFZs already.

I try to keep up with this thread every time someone replies, but I may have missed whether the question has been raised as to whether there are any plans to release this for ToH?

I don't personally have the game, but was just curious as to whether that game platform would allow for more functionality that ArmA may/may not be allow.

A TKOH version hinges on when the ArmA2 version is done and when ArmA3 is released. If we have it done before ArmA3 is released we will likely try for a TKOH release.

What it looks like is the Airforce/Army is getting the Mi-28 and the Navy/Marines is getting the Ka-52, as Gedis implied with the AH-1Z comment. Personally I'd prefer the Ka-52 to be made over the 28. Looks, Flies and works better than the 28. ;)

But I suppose this is a topic for when the Apache is finished. :p

From a scripting perspective, a Ka-50 would be more interesting to do as we've done a lot of experimentation with automated features such as gun-HMD linked aiming. These subjects are quite far in the future however so I am unwilling to say right off the bat whether or not they will even be done.

We had to have the motor burn for a longer time to maintain an accurate speed without going hypersonic; while we could have scripted the missile entirely we felt that to make it work with the AI (which doesn't use any special scripting to save cycles) we should stick with the basics. As such the motor burns for a lot longer than the real thing. The limitation is due to drag values not working properly (or at all) in missile config; a 2 or 3 second motor burn time only gets you a very short distance before the missile peters out rather than maintaining momentum. To my knowledge this strange magic 'out-of-fuel drag' has not been addressed since ArmA1.

Copy all. It was a small thing that I figured was engine related since you guys have such attention to detail to everything else.

It came up early in development, while building the missile guidance system; I had tried to get the thrust time down to a realistic level but there were two caveats: either the missile goes insanely fast for the overall distance traveled or the missile gets fired and cannot change it's trajectory in flight. End result is the missile motor lasts for 16 seconds which gives it the necessary thrust to hit out to 8km (although PK drops significantly beyond 7km with a maneuvering target).

A TKOH version hinges on when the ArmA2 version is done and when ArmA3 is released. If we have it done before ArmA3 is released we will likely try for a TKOH release.

That would be really a nice thing. TkOH shamefully lacks custom content.

Seeing you're knowlageable on the AH-64, are wingtip hardpoints still on the 'D'?

i recall seeing video of 2xStinger pods mounted on the wingtips but no photos seem to show it and they also weren't on the D model.

ah64_04.jpg

So to follow on... planing on adding AIM-92's?

Stinger are included yes, but not sidewinder.

On aircraft equipped with CMWS the wingtip points are taken up by missile sensors, so while we do have FIM-92 available for the wingtips it's use will be restricted. The US Army only ever tested that setup with the AH-64A and to date only the AH-64DJ has ever used the wingtip mounts operationally.

For us - assuming FIM-92 is allowed (weapons will be limited on a per mission basis) - Block II and earlier aircraft not equipped with CMWS will be able to use them with no tradeoffs, but CMWS aircraft will give up some missile detection capabilities in the rear arc.