Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

no, the A2 engine doesn't support (or in fact doesn't have implemented) render to texture

If only... :(

Feels%20Bad%20Man%20Frog.jpg?imageSize=Small

Render to texture would add so much to ArmA. I really wish BIS would implement it, I know it's possible, and it shouldn't be too big of a hit on FPS either. (It isn't in source, and it's used EVERYWHERE.)

So much immersion can be added with this simple little thing it's not funny, working car/ airplane rear-view mirrors, scopes that aren't that hideous black ring, and the MFD panels. I'm sure there are even more uses I'm forgetting too.

Tl;Dr, it's an infinite good.

The Apache is looking better and better every day. Keep it up Nod. :yay:

I just rob the thread with a little offtopic, sorry :)

render to texture is available in VBS 2 1.40

Maybe something that'll be available in time - maybe for a next stand-alone Arma 2 expansion?

But please, if any more discussion is needed then I'll make a new topic for it in the OFFTOPIC section.

To stay on topic, NodUnit, I've lost the number of modifications that are planned to be made, so far I saw A model, D Apache (without LB radar), D Apache Longbow, Israeli Peten or Sharap, with external fuel tank...just hope you won't strain yourself too much with too many variants, it never gets happy end when people starting to overwhelm an addonmaker with request to make every possible sub-model of any hardware. But if you can handle it, then please ignore my worries. :)

Never before have I had a OMFG DO WANT reaction to a VBS2 video so strongly, that render to texture would be such a godsend, modern and digital units would actually feel modern and you're right b00ce, it would give interiors that much more of an importance to have..oh but that is but a dream sadly, it seems like too costly of a feature to just give to us ($30-$50 vs 1K+)

Dutch versions will be equipped with both versions of the pod, first release is (you guessed it) US Army..for versions

AH-64A Early

AH-64A early 2000

AH-64A late 2000 (?) if done like this it would be AH-64A with the extra antenna and counter measures (saw one photo so why not)

AH-64D

AH-64D NR

AH-64D Block 2 up (upgraded, another maybe, basicly block 2 with HF antenna)

AH-64D Block 3 VUIT-2

AH-64D Block 3 UTA

AH-64D Block 3 NR

At least these would be my guesses, it really depends on what Franze wants, these are just some ideas..obviously the US would have the largest stack given the amount of variation whereas other countries would have maybe AH-64A, AH-64D, AH-64D Block 3 and NR.

weapons are treated as dynamic ingame so they won't be on the list. other countries would have a far shorter list for example

WAH-64 early

WAH-64 modern

WAH-64 NR (Why not) and so on.

The cockpit is a ways off, there are many "experimentals" floating around in our heads but until the two are finished we can't say what will have what..but if you have used Franze's AH-64's in OFP, or in fact any of his aircraft you should have an idea of what to expect.

Edited by NodUnit

Render to texture can't cost THAT much, Half life: 2 only costs 9.99$. ;)

I'm really stoked to see all of the variety. This is going to be monumental. Are there other helicopters planned down the road once the Apache is done?

Render to texture can't cost THAT much, Half life: 2 only costs 9.99$. ;)

I'm really stoked to see all of the variety. This is going to be monumental. Are there other helicopters planned down the road once the Apache is done?

Not that half life 2 can properly host 1000 ai ground fights or support 20,000 poly apaches :D

Stunning work as usual Nodunit

Not that half life 2 can properly host 1000 ai ground fights or support 20' date='000 poly apaches :D[/quote']

Or have 50x50 km maps, let alone 1x1 without serious issues. ;)

Time for that update..well sort of, I was going to wait until I had more to fully (hopefully) blow you lot away but for now I'll have to settle for a sample. This rush also means no time for a great lighting setup.

A few things to note, there are no textures here, the text is all polygons used to give a reference of how things will look ingame. Some parts are not final, the 4 way button on the collective and more elaborate knobs for example. The armored chair is missing some cushions and will later be shown fully..again this is just to give you an idea.

Before anyone asks, the thing covering the front area of the cockpit is to hide the WIP, that area needs much more work done to it and is not ready to be shown, when I show it I want it to be in full glory and nothing less.

cpgoffice1.jpg

And a bigger 2048x1536. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/AH-64D/Work%20In%20Progress/cpgofficehigh.jpg

Well I gotta go, hope you lot like where this is going.

cant wait to crash that!
that's awesome. cant wait to crash this stuff man!

You're not a very good pilot, are you?

Abs

it always feels great to crash something that looks that great :D

The first thing I'm going to do when I get this is jump into the editor, place myself in the Apache as pilot, and crash it as fast as I can into a mountain. :D

Speaking of crashing, would be nice to have some or a new crash model! Like maybe the tail being broken!

Speaking of crashing, would be nice to have some or a new crash model! Like maybe the tail being broken!

I am sure it will have somekind special damage things like Franze did before

I hope so, though you likely wouldn't see wings breaking off and what have you..rather holes appearing on the body and then missing panels, a few bits breaking off..maybe bending landing gear, snapping tailboom and some rotor damage..I don't know what is possible but I'm hoping that crashing can be just as much a spectacle, such as going so far as to land too hard would cause the tail to break, rotors break when too close to tree's and whatnot..

Edited by NodUnit

What horrible things to say about such a beautiful and expensive vehicle :p

The detail of this is amazing... This has to be one of the best mods I've seen for Arma in terms of detail alone, lets hope it blows stuff away just as well :).

and get blown up :)

How would that happen? Arma 2 has fully modelled ground radar...

OH and then I woke up. :(

This mod needs two things:

- A reliable and accurate radar dome simulation script - with weapon prioritisation

- Render to texture to make it into Arma 2, that MFD shot looks so dam good!

I'm actually amazed the OP has put this much work into a free addon... What an amazing community we have here :).

Bump time. First off HAPPY VETERANS DAY to everyone worldwide, I hope you all have a great day with partying, getting drunk, spending time with friends and/or family or just having a day to yourself.

Now onto the business.. I wanted to have more finished or at least in picture before this update however I can feel the 'burnout' begin, so I'll be taking a break but to avoid leaving too many days in between here is a little something.

I hope my last update gave you an idea of what I'll be shooting, remember how I said I didn't want you to see the dash until it was in full glory?..well it is not quite in full glory but very much getting there. ( I accidentally deleted the chair from this scene so you get to see the unfinished collective, doh) Again I am by no means a rendering artist so shadow work and what have you will be a bit "Eh.."

I've cut the images in two and photoshop said none of them came to 100Kb so I'm hoping that remains true.

cpitV1-1-1.jpg

cpitV1-1-2.jpg

cpitV2-1-1.jpgcpitV2-1-2.jpg

Cont.

Next post due to image limit.

cpitV4-1-2.jpgcpitV4-1-1.jpg

cpitV3-1-2.jpgcpitV3-1-1.jpg

And cont..again

Okay hopefully this if the final post, tripple post ftw.. no infractons please.

cpitV51-1.jpgcpitV51-2.jpg

cpitV61-1.jpgcpitV61-2.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

Don't think they can infract you... this has to be the most detailed thing i've ever seen. I would go as far to say it's worthy for eagle dynamics. Can't wait to see the cockpit with pretty textures!

Hey nice work, that stuff is way more detailed than anybody would normally expect..good work! can we have the map as well! :p

Oh the detailing isn't even finished, I would say this is around the middle of completion, still a ways to go ehehehh.

No is my map, mine...oh I wish.. You rarely see the apache in that kind of theater, these days it's always desert or woodland (if that), having a view on opposite of the spectrum tickles me. It also triggered the geek in me when I looked through the canopy during it's build and thought "Oh Hoth!"

Don't think they can infract you... this has to be the most detailed thing i've ever seen. I would go as far to say it's worthy for eagle dynamics. Can't wait to see the cockpit with pretty textures!

Funny you should say that, they inspired me greatly with their apache's but the cockpit detail really came from seeing the DCS A-10C, the moment I saw it I thought "That is what I want mine to be like.." It's just a shame the delta won't be pilotable for their future apache release.

What is with you and crashing stuff? A helicopter I understand but artillery tank? :Oo: you be a madman maun.

also sorry for the very late answer b00ce, I meant to speak on it but every post I forgot..No I am not planning any other helicopters or aircraft at this time.

Edited by NodUnit