Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

EDIT FROM THE FUTURE

The purpose of this pack is to re-introduce Franze apache's with even more features than orginally had in Operation Flashpoint. Our 2.0 project will introduce two custom AH-64A and D models with high authenticity in both appearance and function, inside and outside, in one package, relying on no third party addons.

Some of these features include

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agile and deadly- Tweaked flight model allows the aircraft to move with agility and the spring to reflect the fully articulated rotors, allowing highly responsive controls for nap of earth flight.

Fully Articulated Rotor System- Pitch, bank, pedal, all of these actions will cause the blades to twist or swash plate to bank, every part moves with your command.

Extended Dynamic Arming- Load not only rockets and missiles on whichever pylon you choose, but also mix and match armament as you see fit, or take functional fuel tanks for a prolonged trip (or to look swav)

NO HUD- Shed the comfort of knowing everything at all times and learn what each instrument in your aircraft does as well as understand the enhancements of analogue vs digital.

Highly functional cockpits- Needles and LED's animate in the AH-64A's cockpit, relaying information to the pilot: Pages can be changed in the AH-64D, giving the crew information relative to flight data, target acquisition, situational awareness and more.

Enter digitization- AH-64D allows for increased functionality and simplicity with a clean cockpit, focused pages, aircraft communication, GPS tracking, situational awareness, complete weapon information and more.

Advanced weapon systems: Use free look to control the M230, elevate pylons to increase precision of rockets and attack from above with LOAL and LOBL missiles as well as use the radar to locate distant targets.

This is just a brief description of some of the features included in this aircraft

p1-1.jpg?t=1341096196

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/arma2OA2012-05-0522-05-04-66.png

Edited by NodUnit

whats the difference between your version and the one in Arma2?

That'll be explained when I get back, after posting I realized these aren't very clear in distinguishing and the blue backround was a terrible choice against grey.

My rides late so I can at least sneak this one in.

WIPE-1.jpg

To be quick, overall it will have more detail and accuracy, I'll show more on that later.

Edited by NodUnit

For one it could be made such that the pilot's helmet sight can control the cannon.

VERY VERY nice to hear.

Good luck with your project :)

Nice, an "A" model would also be nice :)

Yes an A model and D model with out the dome would be nice additions as well. What would also be nice is some light helos other than the MH/AH-6s like the AS350/550 or UH-72.

Edited by suhsjake

Very Nice nice model - shame we already got the BIS one :D

btw yeah - we need more other helis - like UH-72 :p

Hm sorry but I think it doesnt make much sense to create a new model.

Because seriously, the pure MODEL Bohemia gave us is excellent. What lacks are script things, like the targeting systems (which Mando is working on) etc.

super model,

AH-64D that it is really beautiful, I hope you'll make several variations in armament as stingers, or with 16 Hellfire or cans kerosene with rocket baskets so all that can justify new version:yay::yay:

25747.jpg

mcdonnellongbow2.jpg

Yes, love them rotors..being a key focal point it makes me sad to see them neglected so often.

I've yet to model the A models EFABS outside of high poly but rest assured it will be making an appearance.

The model in OA is..at the risk of sounding elitist, so-so. It's great for those that don't look at the fine details and accuracies, I cannot touch the p3d's for obvious reasons, and because of it cannot correct or add in any planned features between myself and Franze, in the end it is better we use our own.

Kerosene cans?? Do you mean the fuel pods? If so then yes I plan on adding those even if just for looks, multiple countries are a hope, we'll see what happens. Planned weapons are 2 rocket pods and 8 hellfires, 4 rocket pods (varying in flachette to HE), sixteen hellfires, and a fuel pod mixed in somewhere..stinger missiles are also likely to be optional, those of you that have used Franze's addons in the past likely know that every one of them have dynamic re-arming..this will be no different.

UH-72..I think I saw an addon for one of those in progress some time ago..ah here it is. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10457

Edited by NodUnit

edited post

Edited by NodUnit

@NodUnit

I don't care if in the future you'll only redo vehicles that are already present in Arma 2. If your models will be so beautifully detailed, then their existence is more than justified imho.

Anyways, you won't necessarily have to make an A model to make a "domeless" version, in A-stan you can see D models without the radar dome (for obvious reasons).

Anyways, you won't necessarily have to make an A model to make a "domeless" version, in A-stan you can see D models without the radar dome (for obvious reasons).

Well it seems like an obvious reasons, however it seems to be a trend only with American Apache crews. The British AAC Squadrons that fly Apaches in Helmand have kept the Longbow Radar because it can be very useful when flying through the mountainous terrain of Afghanistan, as it is used to map out the terrain ahead. This makes flying through the mountains substantially easier and at night it is probably the biggest advantage.

Anyway, enough of me derailing the thread to explain tit-tat details of the Longbow Radar's use.

The model looks great and I cannot wait to see a better model than BIS, which great as it is, does have some minor flaws as you have pointed out. Keep up the great work!

Well it seems like an obvious reasons, however it seems to be a trend only with American Apache crews. The British AAC Squadrons that fly Apaches in Helmand have kept the Longbow Radar because it can be very useful when flying through the mountainous terrain of Afghanistan, as it is used to map out the terrain ahead. This makes flying through the mountains substantially easier and at night it is probably the biggest advantage.

Also the MMW radar has such a high resolution that it can map the compounds where the Taliban may be hiding, in turn providing accurate target location information back to the ground forces.

I am very surprised the US hasn't deployed the radar as well as I have heard from USMC friend of mine that they have been very helpful in many TIC situations.

Back on topic. Great model and up to you but seem almost redundant when BIS have created a good model too. Up to you though and wish you all the best.

British AH.1 Apaches are using stronger Rolls Royce engines if my memory serves me right, US Apaches have the dome removed because of weight reduction, so they gave up the advantages of the radar for bigger maneuverability in the higher mountains. But the Brits can afford the plus weight for the stronger power plants.

But that's something I've read, I'm sure somebody from the Army Aviation will correct me in no time.

Even though as good as the current AH-64D is, it's nice to see that more detail is wanted, another thread to be checking on a regular basis, good luck with the project.

super model,

AH-64D that it is really beautiful, I hope you'll make several variations in armament as stingers, or with 16 Hellfire or cans kerosene with rocket baskets so all that can justify new version:yay::yay:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3413/25747.jpg <---- NICE!!

not the picture that was here

while I dont quite see the point in another longbow Apache model (although an AH-64A would be nice) I would LOVE to see someone do a reskin of the BIS apache with that top pictures sand colour scheme (is that an Israeli one?). Whoever did the IDF reskin of Myke f16 addon should get onto it!

Edited by Franze
image quoting

The US models do not all have the Longbow Radar because of cost reduction. Why does every Apache need one when only one in a group of four can share its information from Longbow to the other three via datalink.

Ok guys, clearing a few things up:

1. The new model is FINAL. I don't care whether you love the BIS AH-64 to bits. We're doing a new model and that's that. If you don't like that then tough luck.

2. The problem of trying to get permission to use the BIS AH-64 model notwithstanding, with all the reworking you'd have to do to make the BIS AH-64 model accurate (and the BIS AH-64 does have a number of problems that stem from the FP BIS AH-64 base it was built on), you might as well just make a model from scratch and sit back and say "Yes, we did all of that."

It's about the principles of it - look at it this way: so much was made for FP, why don't we just port old models of everything from back then? Why bother with making new models at all? You know the answer to that.

3. Planned versions are AH-64A (early and modern), AH-64D Block II, and AH-64D Block III. Both AH-64Ds will be in R and NR types. Any plans for other users and types will come after these are finished.