Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Don't look at me you stupid soldier!!! :D

Hi. Can someone tell me how to make a unit on my side not too look me. You know he just stands look forward and I am to his right. From time to time he turns his head to look at me and I want to disable that. I tried with the disableAI autotarget but it doesn't work. Thanks!!!

Try disabling both "AUTOTARGET" and "TARGET" AI's with the disableAI command. But note that after this the AI won't be able to shoot anyone and there's no way to enable the AI back again.

If that doesn't work, I don't think there's a way.

Hi. Can someone tell me how to make a unit on my side not too look me. You know he just stands look forward and I am to his right. From time to time he turns his head to look at me and I want to disable that. I tried with the disableAI autotarget but it doesn't work. Thanks!!!

No possible i'm afraid. No a big deal, is it ?

There should be a way actually, in the config of whatever mod you are using look for :

class Man:Land

Scroll down until you see those lines

minHeadTurnAI=-blablabla;

and

maxHeadTurnAI=blablabla;

blablabla being a number different from mod to mod.

change those to

minHeadTurnAI=0;
maxHeadTurnAI=0;

And the AI should not be looking around annoyingly.

Try disabling both "AUTOTARGET" and "TARGET" AI's with the disableAI command. But note that after this the AI won't be able to shoot anyone and there's no way to enable the AI back again.

If that doesn't work, I don't think there's a way.

I don't need the soldier to shoot. I posted a video on youtube

but it's just stupid when they turn their heads to look me it's kinda embarrassing. I though if I could like make an object and something and force the soldiers too look at it the whole time maybe that would work but I forgot the command :/ Thanks anyway

The command for that is doWatch. You could place a marker in-between the two soldiers, 20m in front of them and try assigning them to watch that marker. That might do the trick.

The command for that is doWatch. You could place a marker in-between the two soldiers, 20m in front of them and try assigning them to watch that marker. That might do the trick.

Do you know how can I disable AIs to go prone. I made a mission where soldiers execute prisoners but they do it in a stupid way. They either shoot the prisoners and the lie down or lie down and shoot. :confused:

unitName setUnitPos "UP"

This makes the unit to stand up if it is lying. I want to disable the unit's ability to go prone.:j:

This makes the unit to stand up if it is lying. I want to disable the unit's ability to go prone.:j:

Same command.

Same command.

That means that if I place a soldier on my site and put in his init this setuintpos up and then an enemy soldier comes and I shoot him he wont lie down? OK here it is. I set the soldiers behaviour to combat and preview. He lies down. Then I type in his init this setunitpos up and again he lies down when he is in combat mode or if I use the script command dotarget dofire he again lies down. Am I missing something?:butbut:

That means that if I place a soldier on my site and put in his init this setuintpos up and then an enemy soldier comes and I shoot him he wont lie down? OK here it is. I set the soldiers behaviour to combat and preview. He lies down. Then I type in his init this setunitpos up and again he lies down when he is in combat mode or if I use the script command dotarget dofire he again lies down. Am I missing something?:butbut:

Maybe you're missing the quotes :

this setunitpos [color="Red"]"[/color]UP[color="red"]"[/color]

Maybe you're missing the quotes :

this setunitpos [color="Red"]"[/color]UP[color="red"]"[/color]

Yes sorry I would like to apologize for this nonsense :D

Speaking of which, is there a command to make an AI soldier crouch?

As in get on one knee. Setunitpos "UP" and "Down" are the only ones I can figure out.