Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Kunar_Province20km

Haha time to change the clutter again. My sat map too. And yes I need to work on the trees more. Thanks for the suggestions all def will use as much as I can. Grass was kinda green eh?

The grass looks good and realistic to me. Really, I like it, makes the map look more colourful. It's a nice contrast but still easy on the eyes. Too many maps look saturated and bland (Namalsk for example, but that is a design decision to create a STALKER-like atmosphere). Seriously though I hope you keep the green. :D

Also, I like the abundance of trees and bushes. Takistan is great but after watching the Restrepo trailers I feel that map has too few "green zones" for my liking.

From what I saw flying and walking around the island, it needs moar pine trees. Alot of those in the hilly areas would be great. :D

But srsly, the grass is like neon green for me.

From what I saw flying and walking around the island, it needs moar pine trees. Alot of those in the hilly areas would be great. :D

But srsly, the grass is like neon green for me.

Well if you haven't noticed, the map is like in alpha state, and is wip and is not final:rolleyes:

Looks very nice, but like others already mentioned, its way too green. Not just the grass, but everything has a green veil over it .

Well if you haven't noticed, the map is like in alpha state, and is wip and is not final:rolleyes:

Yeah i know just giving suggestions.

But if his grass does not do, you can do :)

War will last maximum of 1 hour? All there?

Mister Sabers. I don't know how to retexture this thing called 'grass'

Fingolf totally agree. I'm actually doing that up atm. Just trying to get it like everything else I've seen in them pics. Hopefully this next import of the sat mask will get it closer to that

War will last maximum of 1 hour? All there?

Mister Sabers. I don't know how to retexture this thing called 'grass'

then learn or take the quote outta your sig

You don't know where the quote is from obviously. I'm not removing it, its funny for teh people that know about it.

Ok enough offtopic.

@Ebanks, can't wait to see the new sat map.

Ebanks, I'm sure you know a lot about Konar province and stuff but I just purchased an excellent book called War by Sebastian Junger. It has been on my radar for a while now, since it is specifically about the Korengal Valley and has first hand accounts of the boredom, chaos, and [lack of] politics from the soldier's point of view. If you want a photo of like the positions of the FBs and OPs are in relation to the valley I could take a photo of it, but as I said you probably know infinitely more than I do about the region.

Also looking forward to the sat map. Oh, and are you planning on adding the Pech River in?

look pretty good but you could give a nicer texture to the ground

he's hard at work on it. He is making new compounds and whatnot, and also tuning the satmap so it's more tan where it should be... and probably more.

That's good news to me.

I just wanted to share this image of Laniyal in the Korengal valley. As seen in the photo it is compared to the real life counterpart. The image is about 173KBs so I can't post the image here so here is a link to the photo! Also a note, my graphics were failing for some reason when I took the photo.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/Odews/Laniyal.jpg?t=1290579853

This map looks soooo promising :)

I don't know if this can be any help but this vid shows a nice aerial view of 2 completly different areas of Afghanistan

_CpNWE1ytt4

Afghanistan2.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

I would LOVE to see a massive canyon with a big winding river in it like the end of the video. I would jizz in my pants flying NOE through it with an Apache.

maybe a little more green here and there, some very deep green woods and random little paths leading around, and i am officially happy

This map looks fantastic - The only issue will be if the AI can handle it?

Meaning, not getting constantly stuck (as they do in NayGul Valley of Takistan).

And how do the AI operate in terms of weapons accuracy - It seems the AI is awful at firing weapons at enemies who are at different elevations than themselves. Playtesting in the NayGul Valley I have seen this multiple times. My AI teammates firing 100s of rounds missing and I will take one shot and hit the person (who happens to be at a different elevation than our unit).

Accuracy I can not speak for however Vehicles have passed through all roads with ease. I'm talking around cliffs, through twists and turns and up to 1km around op restrepo...

So yes , your logistics trucks can get through , if they're not ambushed. They stop when shot at and exit vehicles if the vehicle isn't armed.