Sign in to follow this  
Desktop

C-17 Globemaster III project up for grabs

A while back in ... I started to work from scratch on a C-17 project that I really wanted to finish up so everyone in the community could enjoy this great plane after wishing for it since OFP came out. Well even with the best intentions, life and it's suprises and changes are making my time to dedicate to this project less and less possible. So in order to enable the Arma2 & OA community to finally get access to it, I decided to hand-off this project to an individual or group that can and will take care of this project and bring it to completion.

I am looking for someone that has the skills to complete it and present a respectable version. Alot of hard work was made to bring it to this point and I wouldn't want to see it go to waste. If you are interested to "adopt" this bird, let me know, show me some of you work and I will be more than happy to hand it over. Below are some pictures and video of the current state of it.

-Desktop

Desk_C17_pic1.jpg

Desk_C17_pic2.jpg

Desk_C17_pic3.jpg

Desk_C17_pic4.jpg

VIDEO

http://yfrog.com/ccc17demoz

Edited by Desktop

great work, have always wanted a c-17 and kc130.. least i get one of them :)

I've been waiting so long for your C17. I hope someone will continue this one.:)

Edited by Lastuslustus

i could give it a go if you want

no promises though

found some spare time lately

It is terrible. :yay:

It expects it.

Please hold out.

SagaraSousuke, there is no reasons to post negative comments or to be disrespectful to others. Please refrain yourself next time.

-Desktop

SagaraSousuke, there is no reasons to post negative comments or to be disrespectful to others. Please refrain yourself next time.

-Desktop

looks like a job for socially polite misinterpretation man !

I think he was saying in his best English ..." i think your plane is great !..i cant wait ! "

Well I've been getting some PM regarding this project from people who might be interested in "adopting" it. That is great thanks to all of them!!! I am however still waiting for a few more inputs and will announce my decision soon.

-Desktop

Well I've been getting some PM regarding this project from people who might be interested in "adopting" it. That is great thanks to all of them!!! I am however still waiting for a few more inputs and will announce my decision soon.

-Desktop

ok sounds good, really wants to see this babe in-game by the end off the year xD

well me and my Dev team are still open for resuming your work Desktop, all we need is the word ;)..

We are working on a few things to add as a vehicle mod and your project fits right in ..and would make a fine addition to the game as a whole

Edited by F2F_BHO
adding on

You could always learn how to do it. :)

I have no modelling software, and it just seems too complicated for me.

O2 is free. blender is free. there are learning/students license available for autodesk and some others. The software is hardly an excuse if you really want to do something

I use O2, free, effective, and it's from BIS. There's documentation everywhere, and it's pretty simple (The modeling bit anyway). You put points down and connect them with faces. It's essentially a 3d version of connect the dots. :p