Sign in to follow this  
stilton

Ia Drang Valley type mission

Hi,

I was hoping for some [help\advice\pointing me to useful scripts\anything] really regarding a mission id like to put together for a few friends.. But it'd also serve as a good muck-about for singleplayer as well i imagine..

Kind of inspired by We-were-soldiers (la drang valley, mel gibson, etc)

I'd like to know if there are any missions out there too, like this.. Where you as high command have to position a few squads in strategic locations to hold off a massive attack, whilst you have reinforcements flown into an lz.. which you obviously have to hold as well...

The reinforcements would then [after being flown in via helicopter] either reinforce existing squads[preferred], or simply join the highcommand you control..

What would also be good is some indicator on how well each position is doing, so you know where needs your immediate attention, and i think this is the part i really need help with..

Any scripts/advice would be appreciated.. As i could currently make something like this using waypoints only but the amount of grief that i'd get from all the various possibilities of what might happen [eg - what happens when the helicopter ferrying troops in via waypoints gets shot down en route to the lz] makes it quite a daunting task.

Cheers

I think i already have the VTE preview, but vietnam objects wasnt really what i was wondering about..

I'm more interested if anyone knows how, you can check the status of various groups, and have it displayed ingame in a sort of mini-UI.. and also, how you can have a reinforcement helicopter fly in, drop a group off at an LZ.. then have that group take the status info and reinforce/join the most under-strength squad..

I imagine its not very easy so if anyone has worked on something like this before and can give me a few pointers it'd go a long way... im sure i can probably bodge the rest together using my terrible scripting abilities and waypoints ;)

We are working on a script that does a few different things... one picks up wounded troops via a dustoff, another will bring you new FNGs depending on how many spaces you have left in your squad and yet another will drop an ammo box to resupply your squad. I believe the script will work off of a designated area or you can click on a part of a map to keep it dynamic.

Not sure where we are at with that, but apparently it works pretty well.