Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

CO is CTDing by my mission, but base ArmA2 don't

Several month ago I created a campaign name Chesty Puller. It was working in ArmA2 of tousends of players. But nowdays I got reports: my campaign crash the Combined Operation game. I tested it and yes, my first mission started, the seahawks closing to the beach, but when they arrive close enough to land, Combined Operation game freez and then crash. (Latest non-beta patch applied)

But if I load my campaign to the base ArmA2 (it still exists next to CO), the mission works fine, no problem, no bug, no CTD...

I exemined the mission itself and found very few things what run in this very begining state of mission: there is a TR UNLOAD waypoint for seahawks (each three have own individual WP) and in the On Activation field is this line: uh1 land "GET OUT"

In ArmA2 (and it's still exists from OFP) land "GET OUT" means the chopper land to the ground but don't tun off the engine (it's realistic for insertation). Could this WP driven command case a CTD in CO?

:confused:

The only thing I can think of is that uh1 land "GET OUT" should be uh1 land "GETOUT". No idea if that can cause a CTD though.

I got an another report of CTD in my other campaign (Pirog). The only similarity in both report is: a vehicle (contain the player from the begining) and his TR UNLOAD waypoint. When the vehicle (an mh60s and an Ural open) are near to the WP, the game (CO) crashed...

Any advice?

Did you try to "rebuild" this part of the mission with OA?

Did you try to "rebuild" this part of the mission with OA?

Yes. It was my first thought too.

I tried but same crash.

Very interesting. :(

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I found it!

But i don't know why CO crash and base Arma2 don't.

And - most important - how can I solve it?

Both mission is started a vehicle where player is a cargo. And I want him in the cargo place, not in the cocpit. So i put an extra pilot (in ural need two), move them in cargo and then the player's group: it move them on the cargo place, because cocpit is occupied. But when the vehicle is arrived at unload WP, it unload these extra pilots too... and this is ugly. So when the player is already in the cargo, I deleted the extra pilots and this caused the CTD in CO, but not in ArmA2.

Why not move the player directly into the cargo position you want instead of dealing with extra pilots or whatever? :)

Thanks! I never know about this. Is this compatible with base ArmA2? I mean it's not an Arrowhead new command?

Great!

PS: exists the assignAs-version of this method? I mean, can I assign the player to a specific place in the chopper and when he use the action to get in, it will put him the right place?

Edited by bardosy

PS: exists the assignAs-version of this method? I mean, can I assign the player to a specific place in the chopper and when he use the action to get in, it will put him the right place?

Assign doesn't assign a specific seat or even move you into the cargo, just says "you're cargo". So you could surely setup an addAction on the vehicle to move/assign a player to a specific seat. Could possibly even make it a getIn EH just in case?

Assign doesn't assign a specific seat or even move you into the cargo, just says "you're cargo". So you could surely setup an addAction on the vehicle to move/assign a player to a specific seat. Could possibly even make it a getIn EH just in case?

Nope, I need assignAsGunner (but in a specific turret) of an UH-60.

I want to occupy that place and when the player select all his men and point to the chopper ans order: Get in chopper... I want the men get in other place then specific turret, so when the player want to get in, only this place available... Is it possible?

Yup, my link above has been updated with the H-60 helos. To put someone in the door gunner seat use this moveInTurret [helo ,[1]] and to put someone in the crew chief seat use this moveInTurret [helo ,[0]].

When you tell units to get into the chopper, none of them will get in either door gunner spot though. Those are crew spots and not cargo spots. As long as you don't give the helicopter a full crew one of those seats should remain open.