Sign in to follow this  
Ians

Will you make A French and/or German DLC in the future ?

Well , pretty straightforward question .. i'm new and didn't find an answer

I bought the BAF even though i'm not British , and i thought it was a good add-on (except the sound of weapons , but that's the case for arma 2 and OA too i noticed , so i installed CSM BAF mod to fix it ) , the overall quality of this DLC was good and i like it

i just wanted to know if there is a possibility of seeing BIS official French (maybe F.Foreign Legion ? )and/or German (apart from a few version G-36 ) in the future ?

i mean troops and equipment (rifles , launchers , choppers , tanks , vehicles and planes ) any time soon ? i'd buy another major EU military force

Thank you for answer

Edited by Ians

I'm all for having the Heer in ArmA II, but shouldn't this be in the DLC thread? :confused:

Or maybe just updating existing german troops with german language (which I dunno why is not already), some launchers, guns and maybe some vehicles.

Whats wrong with BK mod? It's perfect quality, but it needs CO :/ But I'm all for French, a new map (hills/ winter) and campaign would be awesome,

Or maybe just updating existing german troops with german language (which I dunno why is not already),

EXACTLY! :yay:

BW Mod is superb and already there. For me a French mod since the French modmakers have left the game would be good.

Alternatively one of the Scandinavian countries or even an OPFOR DLC this time round?

i just wanted to know if there is a possibility of seeing BIS official French (maybe F.Foreign Legion ? )and/or German (apart from a few version G-36 ) in the future ?

i mean troops and equipment (rifles , launchers , choppers , tanks , vehicles and planes ) any time soon ? i'd buy another major EU military force

Thank you for answer

Surely a mod of this magnitude would be like a full conversion mod, I know in the BAF we got a small deployment faction of the British Armed Forces, but to include tanks and all things as such would be alot more work, I guess on some levels its what BIS provide with VBS2 to cater for different militaries that use VBS2.

It seems like the BAF DLC was pretty much what the British use in Afghanistan but without the air power. IF this is the way that BIS are going to with future DLCS, I'd Like to see a continuation of the forces in Afghanistan.

One thing that is sort of missing from the game/area of takistan is the civilian role, Drug dealers (for the copious amounts of poppy fields over there) and perhaps civilian contractors. Something that wouldnt use much in the way of firepower, but adds depth and balance to both side. YEs theres a PMCs dlc request thread. Just thought id add my 2 pennies

BW Mod is superb and already there.

I know and I agree with you.

But my focus is on the German language in the game (like there is American, British, Russian, "Chernarussian" and Persian).

And also I would love to see Germany based maps in Arma 2 (beside Celle and Hürtgenwald, which also are very beautifil)!

Unfortunately Schmalfelden was still not converted to Arma 2 so that it is standalone - not with CAA1.

Sorry Australia and New Zealand is next please wait your turn :p

how come people always want the armies of 'their' country in the game? :confused: i swear, it's like every Brit wants British troops (they got 'em now), every Aussie wants the ADF, every Turk wants Turkish military, etc.

this game isn't your personal fulfiller of nationalist wishful thinking. :j:

i'd prefer additions that actually suit the scenario and complement the existing content, for example a SOCOM pack that would include the Night Stalkers (including Special Ops versions of the existing transport choppers), Rangers, Special Forces and the SEALs.

@DM

Um. Those are all US military. Why not the same pack but for, say, Swedish special forces, or Armenian special forces or whatever? How are you being any less nationalistic with your wishes?

A generic "special forces" pack with SF from all kinds of nations would be interesting, I suppose :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

How are you being any less nationalistic with your wishes?

because i'm not actually American, you know. ;) i see no reason to demand my own country in this game. what the hell for? :confused: more American forces, on the other hand, would make sense, especially considering that the war in Afghanistan (which the Takistan operation is based on) has seen an unprecedented involvement of Special Ops units, which are, as of now, underrepresented in OA.

what i don't understand is why everybody seem hell-bent on wanting the armed forces of the country they happen to live in represented in the game, even if it wouldn't make much sense in terms of mass appeal and in terms of some minimal scenario realism.

i currently see the same thing going on with Civilization 5: Polish gamers demand Poland in the expansion, the Spanish are still angry because Spain wasn't included, and the Turks praise the fact that the Ottoman Empire has been included. why do people feel so strongly about the country they just happen to have been born in? :confused:

Edited by Fred DM

because i'm not actually American, you know. ;) i see no reason to demand my own country in this game. what the hell for? :confused: more American forces, on the other hand, would make sense, especially considering that the war in Afghanistan (which the Takistan operation is based on) has seen an unprecedented involvement of Special Ops units, which are, as of now, underrepresented in OA.

what i don't understand is why everybody seem hell-bent on wanting the armed forces of the country they happen to live in represented in the game, even if it wouldn't make much sense in terms of mass appeal and in terms of some minimal scenario realism.

French and German armed forces are present in Afghanistan (they had dozens of casualties ) even though they are not in the south , so it would make sense not only for Germans and French players (but open minded ones ) , it would be maximal scenario realism .

Secondly , in Europe you have 2-3 armies with capability to project forces around the world and who mostly produce their own military material , they are Britain , France ( who both possess the largest armies and navies in Europe ) and Germany . For France , they intervene and operate also regularly in Africa (with special forces ) , so you could also have other types of scenarios possible . So its also about having major powers and their military equipment represented .

IMO seeing these armies represented in Arma2 isn't about nationalism , but more about curiosity and passion of military equipment and the possibilty to simulate a variety of armed forces . I 'm not German yet i'd love to see an Official BIS addon with the Bundeswehr , and i love to play with Russian or American forces , playing other forces with diffrent equipment , camos atmosphere , like let's say Sweden is definetely appealing to me .

Adding this kind of content (the BAF dlc ) has revived my interest in Arma2 , i played more than 100 hours since i bought BAF . Because it brought a new campaign but especially new content and atmosphere for multiplayer

This said , i understand your concern about adding other things instead , i respect your wishes , but personally , i'd pay for a French or German DLC , just like i bought the BAF DLC and i would also buy an Australian DLC , as i 'm sure i would play it for many dozen hours minimum

Also , i'm aware about the mod Hexagon and BW mod , i tested them and they are fine , but they are not official BIS stuffs , so only an handful of people play it in multiplayer , difficult to find a populated public server , mods are great but the side effect is that it can divide the community . Ok cheers :)

Edited by Ians

How about operation World war 3 with nearly every army in the world, jokes aside if we get a "Bundeswehr" DLC i think they dont really fit in Chernarus nor in takistan, more than a DLC, i would like a new expansion, but that's just me i guess.

how come people always want the armies of 'their' country in the game? :confused: i swear, it's like every Brit wants British troops (they got 'em now), every Aussie wants the ADF, every Turk wants Turkish military, etc.

this game isn't your personal fulfiller of nationalist wishful thinking. :j:

i'd prefer additions that actually suit the scenario and complement the existing content, for example a SOCOM pack that would include the Night Stalkers (including Special Ops versions of the existing transport choppers), Rangers, Special Forces and the SEALs.

It's the same reason why countries make their own cop shows (also see this) and such instead of just showing US Law and Order. People identify more with the characters and the military hardware provides more familiar surroundings. With the different doctrines and tactics of that non-US force (if the player does a bit of research and can use the editor) providing interesting gameplay. In fact, that's one of the key reasons the downloadable modules for CMSF have been so successful.

I fail to see how these very reasonable things is raving nationalism.

I am sure people would be happy to buy any DLC if it is good quality and they deem it to be worth the money. Many posts on this forum about the BAF DLC are from people who are not British.

I would certainly prefer no 'im-a-leet-uber-sf-delta' DLC.

Oh and just because Takistan is similar to Afghanistan doesn't mean BIS should use the DLC to put the entire ISAF contingent into OA. It would not be long before they ran out of mission ideas.

I'm American.. and I'd like to see more of other nations forces:) always interesting seeing what other nations operate with.

I would like to see some east. Or China is something it would be really cool to have if DLC has to be an army. By the way, lets not forget there are still some bugs to solve in OA/CO.

I would rather see BIS bringing A2 content to OA standards like for free instead of wasting their time on yet another army. For me personaly, I dont care if I play evo or domi or warfare with british, american or german skins for that matter. In MP it seems it all comes down to that.

How about operation World war 3 with nearly every army in the world, jokes aside if we get a "Bundeswehr" DLC i think they dont really fit in Chernarus nor in takistan, more than a DLC, i would like a new expansion, but that's just me i guess.

ISAF Wikipedia entry

I don't see why Germany, France, Italy, Canada, ... , Iceland and Austrai wouldn't fit into Takistan, more so since Takistan isn't a real-world country.

Okay, I could see why single-digit forces wouldn't really fit, but again, Takistan isn't Afghanistan, so any nation's army would fit.