Sign in to follow this  
Whitebishop

BAF - disarming mines

In the 2nd mission

I get a request to disarm some mines along the way. I have an engineer with me but when I select him and open his action menu there seems to be no instruction to disarm mines or something like that.

Any suggestions?

In the 2nd mission

I get a request to disarm some mines along the way. I have an engineer with me but when I select him and open his action menu there seems to be no instruction to disarm mines or something like that.

Any suggestions?

Command the Engineer to stand very near the mine, press 6 then select "disable mine" or something like that.

right. just take the engineer,move close to the mine and use the mousewheel.you will see "disable mine". Once you disabled them you are able to take them with you. its going the same way. (i took all in the jeps.)

collecting the mines and store them in the jackals for further use ( to defend the base againt armored vehicles ) is useless - I did lay all the mines on the mainroad to the west of FOB at the end of missinon 2 before entering FOB - unfortunately at the beginning of mission 3 they have all vanished

wasn`t it the way that you have to place a bomb first before you can move the mines?

you can also recolect your bomb (satchel) after the job is done, instead of using it ... I also tried to destroy the collected mines with the bomb - negative

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

collecting the mines and store them in the jackals for further use ( to defend the base againt armored vehicles ) is useless - I did lay all the mines on the mainroad to the west of FOB at the end of missinon 2 before entering FOB - unfortunately at the beginning of mission 3 they have all vanished

wasn`t it the way that you have to place a bomb first before you can move the mines?

you can also recolect your bomb (satchel) after the job is done, instead of using it ... I also tried to destroy the collected mines with the bomb - negative

This is very good idea, you could try planting the mine on the start of mission 3 against Enemy APCs.

I'll try that even though I have completed Operation Crimson Lance

Yup, your cursor (gun) needs to be pointing at the device in order to be able to disarm it. Good luck dominic!

When I played that mission, and approached the mines with a team switched engineer, I got a >< symbol, like the door open symbol. If I clicked that, the mine seems to turn sideways. I thought that did it, but the armor got blasted going through, but they made it anyway and said thanks.

When I played that mission, and approached the mines with a team switched engineer, I got a >< symbol, like the door open symbol. If I clicked that, the mine seems to turn sideways. I thought that did it, but the armor got blasted going through, but they made it anyway and said thanks.

Then you obviously missed some of the mines.