Sign in to follow this  
ladlon

Simple Support with Secop module conflict?

I had an old 'random mission' scenario in Arma2 that I created, involving the Secop module and ambient combat. I recently purchased the Combined Operations package (....you can't just get Operation Arrowhead on its own in Canada...), and opened the file up in there.

Seeing that there are now some additional modules, I started tinkering. I added the Simple Support module to my session's map.

First thing is, it connected to the Battlefield Clearance mod icon... Is that supposed to happen? Should it not link to my squad?

Secondly, although it worked just fine when I previewed the scenario, what it seemed to also do is prevent me from responding to any Secop mission requests.. Normally, you have a Accept/Deny Secop menu in the Communications menu as a result of missions being radio'd in to you, but that has been now replaced with the Simple Support's menu.

Is there anything I need to do to get these two to work together?

(I'm all patched up to the latest versions of A2 and OA)

When you place modules they tend to group together. I'm not sure that matters at all. Make sure to sync (F5) each of those modules to the player entity. I am not 100% sure, but I would try that & see if it works.

Ya, I tried that... but will give it another shot.

For some reason, it's linking itself to either the Battlefield Clearance icon, or the First Aid one! But, it's a light blue line, rather than dark... although maybe that's just a result of what icon is currently selected.

I looked up the documentation in the Modules Wiki, but it doesn't mention anything about if/what it should be sync'd to.

Strange thing is, the support module works, non-sync'd.. It just completely takes over the Communications menu, so the SecOp module is no longer accessing it (No Accept/Decline menu for it).

They are grouped, try to ungroup them(F2). But that doesnt make them conflict, it has no effect at all.

The simple support module overwrites the secops module.(Or maybe vice versa? Depends on which is initialized first?)

Bottom line is, the simple support menu takes up the slots in the communications menu which the secops module also want to use. So AFAIK there is no way to make them work together.

Damn.... Those are the two modules I want to work together. Support in my Secop missions would have been sweet.

Well, hopefully someone's working on that.

I'm not sure I understand how this workaround works :P

How do you link a trigger to the simple support module?

Can someone give an example of using SecOps with Simpple Support Module? I looked at the "workaround" but didn't catch on.

Edit:

Found a post with some info.. I'll try this out;

If you want to add Support as well, do the following in addition to the above. (SOM)

Add a trigger anywhere on the map. In the 'Activation' area put 'Radio Alpha' (no need to include inverted commas) then click 'repeatedly'. In the 'text' area write 'HQ support'. Finally in the OnAct. box, copy and paste the following:

[["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Do this in addition to the other stuff, and now, when you call Radio Alpha in thegame (0-0-1), you will access all types of support, barrages, airstrikes etc...via 'communication' on your action menu. Let the mayhem ensue!

Edited by smacker909