Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73478

Improved: Animation interpolation no longer shortening hands is a bit deeper change in the animation system.

2MCVSsI0P0M

Very very nice, I've seen this problem a few times with more than just running, it's a very nice surprise to see it fixed.

[73339] Improved: Improved helicopter AI formation flying and collision avoidance.

Actually I think it's 2 points that have been improved on. iirc helos would often lag behind their group leader which made the leader do all sorts of weird moves to try and keep formation. Dunno if it's changed, haven't tested.

Thnx for the beta :)

You might be right indeed. Tbh I havent seen choppers in formation for a long time, but they used to crash into eachother quite some time ago.

If the collision avoidance means the terrain, then that is the best change in this beta :)

You might be right indeed. Tbh I havent seen choppers in formation for a long time, but they used to crash into eachother quite some time ago.

If the collision avoidance means the terrain, then that is the best change in this beta :)

More specifically, if it means the trees then it's good :) Podagorsk in particular was very troublesome. Eventually every AI helo in any mission would collide with a tree.

...c'mon. you guys already know it that there is no .bidmp,.mdmp nor .rpt report,when its CTD/switchingTD while still running in the taskmanager.

:j:

you said CTD which mean crash to desktop :)

not freezed process in background :D

bare with me ... not reading every single word

Improved: Animation interpolation no longer shortening hands is a bit deeper change in the animation system.

This is really nice! Are you planning to tweak the animation system further?

Ok tested the patch with vanilla ... and the warfare module seems to work, IE units spawn from barracks and things spawn as they should

Previously the no spawning would happen at all, so that "seems" to work (this was just from the editor) ...

it was hilarious because when the AI commander was selected and started building things, the voice saying "headquarters deployed" and "barracks constructed was a female in "insert eastern European country's language here." Weird.
I can confirm that dropping the high command module on a map and sync to my men (I am US side) and opposing enemy as normal in simple warfare set-up the voices as mentioned in quote are always middle eastern.

To test it use this mission (its what I used for this example):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9465

I have CO/BAF.

Edited by mrcash2009

Has anyone tested AT weapons against tanks? I am seeing 0 damage results on a few of them with this beta running. I loaded the same test back and forth with and without the beta, and the 1.54 version works as expected.

Also noted the setIdentity bug which is new to this patch. In my case, the AI's name is correct, but the face is random!

Has anyone tested AT weapons against tanks? I am seeing 0 damage results on a few of them with this beta running. I loaded the same test back and forth with and without the beta, and the 1.54 version works as expected.

Also noted the setIdentity bug which is new to this patch. In my case, the AI's name is correct, but the face is random!

I blew up a few T72 without any problem with the Javelin. What AT weapon you used or tank you are trying to destroy?

Has anyone else noticed a quirk with "receiving" when starting or restarting missions when using ACE. Let's say you're in the editor and press preview. After a few seconds of ACE credits and "receiving" you're in Armaland. After another second or two you're dumped back to the "receiving" screen again for 5-10 seconds before eventually entering the game again. Not a deal breaker but it is a bit jarring.

Please don't scream about me reporting an ACE related issue. The issue only arose after installing the latest beta, I did not touch ACE. Has there been a slight change with the way the beta handles CBA or ACE?

The more I've tested, I'm not really seeing a problem with the launchers, but only with scripted bombs (created on the fly). For example if I do this:

_bomb = createVehicle ["Bo_Mk82", [_px,_py,_pz], [], 0, "NONE"];

it won't destroy any vehicles. An ATV will take 4 to 5% damage, even if I change NONE to CAN_COLLIDE and spawn the bomb in the same space as the ATV, nice big explosion with a perfectly usable ATV remaining. Tried with all sorts of vehicles and aircraft.

As far as setIdentity, I am finding that in most cases I need to put a timed delay in front of the command (sleep 2), otherwise it won't work consistently.

Please don't scream about me reporting an ACE related issue. The issue only arose after installing the latest beta, I did not touch ACE. Has there been a slight change with the way the beta handles CBA or ACE?

When I press preview in the editor, the delay until I'm in the mission is now quite a bit longer than it was before this beta. So it's probably doing a lot more initializations internally now.

I thought I was going crazy, but I've noticed that it takes a LOT of ordnance to take out any armor with the latest beta and Mando Missiles. Even the A-10 cannon is taking a lot more hits to disable a vehicle.

Something with the eventhandlers changed and broke some stuff, I think. Chammy's sound mod only works with % preceding the folder in my -mod line, but the rest of my mods (ACE, MMA, GL4, Zeus) break with the %, and only work without. Missions load slower using mods, and I often get a completely frozen screen for 10 seconds or so, after which it resumes normally with no errors.

Also, certain custom keys don't initialize until a minute or so after a missions starts, like the action key for the ACE mod.

When I press preview in the editor, the delay until I'm in the mission is now quite a bit longer than it was before this beta. So it's probably doing a lot more initializations internally now.

This is becouse of any random what ever... which may happends from time to time.

Restart ArmA 2 and see if it still need that long.

Restarting ArmA 2 always sloved this problem for me. ;)

Are OA betas also supposed to "fix" the original A2 game if one has the Combined Ops package?

Or should I use the A2-only betas and initialize the game as standalone?

This is becouse of any random what ever... which may happends from time to time.

Restart ArmA 2 and see if it still need that long.

Restarting ArmA 2 always sloved this problem for me. ;)

I've restarted Arma2 as well, but it doesn't fix it. It's something that's only started with the new beta patch.

I thought I was going crazy, but I've noticed that it takes a LOT of ordnance to take out any armor with the latest beta and Mando Missiles. Even the A-10 cannon is taking a lot more hits to disable a vehicle.

Something with the eventhandlers changed and broke some stuff, I think. Chammy's sound mod only works with % preceding the folder in my -mod line, but the rest of my mods (ACE, MMA, GL4, Zeus) break with the %, and only work without. Missions load slower using mods, and I often get a completely frozen screen for 10 seconds or so, after which it resumes normally with no errors.

Also, certain custom keys don't initialize until a minute or so after a missions starts, like the action key for the ACE mod.

Yes, I've noticed that too - Mando Javelin fired three times at a BTR-90HQ barely scratched it. I presume this is because it's a scripted missile. At the time I couldn't be sure what was causing it, (classic mistake of installing new beta, new mando version, and new graphics drivers - too many variables to nail down). I'm glad someone else can see this too though. I'm pretty sure standard weapons are nerfed too though. I tried UGL about 10 times from the rear and 3 rounds from an RPG and they only blew the wheels off.

I'm not running any other mods so I can't really blame it on them, plus I've had a few wierd things happening with scripts. Nothing I can pin down yet though.

EDIT: I'm not sure but the beta seems to have affected how description.ext is read. I'll do some more testing but it would explain why things like Mando are affected. It's just a hunch, but I also had some units cam-creamed up (ooh err) and they now no longer show the cam-cream on them. (Defined in decription.ext too).

Edited by Das Attorney

I've noticed it too, Artillery for example, you can have 15 Laser strikes on a Tank, and its the Tank continues fully working.

_neo_

I've noticed it too, Artillery for example, you can have 15 Laser strikes on a Tank, and its the Tank continues fully working.

_neo_

Betas should be tested without mods, that was writen here long ago. It's the mod makers task to fix their work to make it working again.

So why don't you post it in the mando thread. At the first reading I thought this was a vanilla beta problem, not a mod induced one.

Ok, what is up with kb identities in this beta? I'm using logics to speak kb sentences (see how it works in Domination); two of them now speak Taki, and one of them speak BAF. WTF? Is this some kind of crazy experiment or something? I tested in vanilla 1.54, and there it works as expected. And when I last tested in previous beta, it worked there too.

Edit: Uhhh..... Restarting with new patch. Now one is back to US voice, and the other has no voice at all. What might be going on here?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Betas should be tested without mods, that was writen here long ago. It's the mod makers task to fix their work to make it working again.

So why don't you post it in the mando thread. At the first reading I thought this was a vanilla beta problem, not a mod induced one.

Sorry but, where did you see that I used a mod?

Im using Arma 2: CO + Beta....

With BIS Artillery.

_neo_

The more I've tested, I'm not really seeing a problem with the launchers, but only with scripted bombs (created on the fly). For example if I do this:

_bomb = createVehicle ["Bo_Mk82", [_px,_py,_pz], [], 0, "NONE"];

it won't destroy any vehicles. An ATV will take 4 to 5% damage, even if I change NONE to CAN_COLLIDE and spawn the bomb in the same space as the ATV, nice big explosion with a perfectly usable ATV remaining. Tried with all sorts of vehicles and aircraft.

As far as setIdentity, I am finding that in most cases I need to put a timed delay in front of the command (sleep 2), otherwise it won't work consistently.

the createVehicle bug is fixed internally

and setIdentity shall be too ...

... wait for next beta

Just tried the new version. Suddenly the faces and arms of some of the characters are completely, bright white. Like they have no textures at all.

Noticed this myself. Probably part of the setIdentity thing that Dwarden mentioned above, and probably also the root of my voice problems for logic identities. Tested mission in MP (both server and client updated to current beta), and there it didn't seem to be a problem.