Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

So I guess it is confirmed that the M2 slam and other explosives which require setup after deployment are not working correctly in ACEOA? Despite my greatest effortts I can't seem to get any menu option to come up for any of these, nor do they appear in my weapon selection menu.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

So I guess it is confirmed that the M2 slam and other explosives which require setup after deployment are not working correctly in ACEOA?

Did you miss the response? I didn't see anyone confirm it.

Can anyone tell me how to use the tripwire explosives and the M2 slam, I can't figure out how to get them to work like I did on ACE with ARMA 2. No menu comes up after I plant those types of explosives.
This no longer works?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Explosives+howto

If it is an issue please make a ticket with repro and rpt.

No I saw the response, I was just wondering if it was something on my end that I was doing before I claim that there is a problem. Has this issue been happening with your experience as well?

All the explosives should work fine.

Place with the self-interaction menu and modify with the interaction menu.

Everything was moved away from the action menu to prevent clogging it up.

In other words, what has changed is you need to look at the device and press the interaction menu key to operate it.

When I was talking about the "john doe" part I was talking about the part you put your profile name in, because I have done my Description.ext right and the loadout is working, but the Name I put in seems to get overwritten.

Laertes instructed me to post this here instead of creating a new topic:

In several videos of ACE/ACEX I can see the tank overpressure effect, where the tank fires and that lifts dust around the vehicle, as it can be seen in:

(at 0:41)

The problem is, I don't have that effect. I'm using ACE/ACEX 1.5, WarFX 1.1 (1.41 beta doesn't feel all that pyrotechnical) and JTD fire and smoke 0.2.

help?

Quick question, how realistic is the ballistics? Is angle fire applicable?

Laertes instructed me to post this here instead of creating a new topic:

In several videos of ACE/ACEX I can see the tank overpressure effect, where the tank fires and that lifts dust around the vehicle, as it can be seen in:

(at 0:41)

The problem is, I don't have that effect. I'm using ACE/ACEX 1.5, WarFX 1.1 (1.41 beta doesn't feel all that pyrotechnical) and JTD fire and smoke 0.2.

help?

Easy question first: How does it look without those other mods?

Quick question, how realistic is the ballistics? Is angle fire applicable?

The ballistics for what? Bullets/grenades/shells; fairly. Artillery probably less so.

If you mean relative to RL manuals for stuff, then maybe.

Easy question first: How does it look without those other mods?

without mods, the tank fires, there's the muzzleflash + smoke at the end of the tank's bore, as it should be.

what I'm after is the overpressure dust being lifted when the tank shoots with ACE.

Before I run others test or create a ticket at DevHeaven, anyone else having problems with SACLOS (TOW) and laser guided missiles?

When I turn on the designator in the Cobra or Apache, the distance is displayed as "anyany", I can´t lock anything, and using the canon the rounds go nowhere (I hear them exploding, but can´t see where, neither theirs trajectory).

Hi guys,it's official that we'll have the next stable version on 10-20-2010?

Another questions:theese 1.5 update1,update2 ecc are ongoing developements or stable versions?

thx and keep up the good work

I don't think they have a date in mind. It's done when it's done applies here as well I guess.

The RC versions (release candidate) are indeed ongoing developments, which you can install with sixupdater or yoma.

Nicolai

All the explosives should work fine.

Place with the self-interaction menu and modify with the interaction menu.

Everything was moved away from the action menu to prevent clogging it up.

In other words, what has changed is you need to look at the device and press the interaction menu key to operate it.

Thanks for help still having problems see below.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Hi Masters,

How I use a ACE´s gasmask with a AI soldier?

Best Regards

@VKING-

This could be my lack of understanding, keep in mind :)

There is not any key on my keyboard that brings up any menu for explosives after deployment I tried them all. I can place the m4 slam and others but I can't figure out what key # 221 is? What brings up the interaction menu? I changed the interaction key 221 to other keys such as key [ and I still cannot access explosives menus.

Steps:

1. plant explolsives- with key 220 which says gas masks and explosives etc in menu, did that it works

2. set up explosives- there is no button on my keyboard that brings up any menu for this step, I am looking directly at m2 slam just like in th3 last ACE version.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

2. set up explosives- there is no button on my keyboard that brings up any menu for this step, I am looking directly at m2 slam just like in th3 last ACE version.

Steve, if your default setup is like mine, and you have a similar keyboard it is bound to a right windows key, which you can reconfigure in your A,C,I,whatever drive:\Bohemia Interactive\userconfig\ace\ace_keys file

I rebound mine to caps lock, down at the bottom of the file is an entire keyboard layout (you will want to make sure you get US keyboard layout if that is what you have) put in the correct number for the key you want e.g. 111 or whatever and your other interaction key will be configured

Steve, if your default setup is like mine, and you have a similar keyboard it is bound to a right windows key, which you can reconfigure in your A,C,I,whatever drive:\Bohemia Interactive\userconfig\ace\ace_keys file

I rebound mine to caps lock, down at the bottom of the file is an entire keyboard layout (you will want to make sure you get US keyboard layout if that is what you have) put in the correct number for the key you want e.g. 111 or whatever and your other interaction key will be configured

THANKS I got it.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Hi guys,it's official that we'll have the next stable version on 10-20-2010?

No it isn't official. Life can happen. So don't expect these dates to be "official".

Read the thread(s). The stable releases will be called a stable release or milestones, all others are on going development.

Edited by Manzilla

without mods, the tank fires, there's the muzzleflash + smoke at the end of the tank's bore, as it should be.

what I'm after is the overpressure dust being lifted when the tank shoots with ACE.

I'm encountering the same thing. I take it that ace is supposed to kick up dust from the overpressure? If so I would love to get this working as well.

Hi all I need some help please.

Its not ACE`s fault but I am basically trying to creat two EXE`s in my STEAM library.

I have ARMA2 and OA both are retail.

I have added a shortcut in my STEAM library for the BETA ARMA2 and that was fine.

Now I have tryed to create another ARMA2 BETA shortcut but no matter what I do both short cuts now start up ACE.

here is me ARMA2 BETA path

"E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -maxmem=2048 -skipintro

"E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

and the path for my ARMA2 ACE2

"E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -nointro -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -maxmem=2048 -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@ACEX_SM;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU

"E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

Please advise as I dont want to restart to disable the ACE expansions leaving just the OA and BAF expensions every time.

EDIT

Spoilers wont work for me? or I would have spoilered the paths sorry

How to Operate M18A1 'Apers' Antipersonnel Mine (Claymore) with Ace2

How to Operate M18A1 'Apers' Antipersonnel Mine (Claymore) with Ace2

Excellent video!

If you don't mind I'll link to it in the howto section for claymores on the wagn.