Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Six updater doesn't work.

When I run the Six updater it just loading and then it crash and the website said that the connection was aborted and Six updater window (ruby.exe) just crash. Anyone knows how to fix It i want to update ACE right now but i cannot!

Here's a link to the issue tracker for the six updater: Link

You can search for a ticket with a similar problem to yours or make a ticket with your issue so it can be fixed.

Danny, try Yoma's addon sync 2009. You can download it from here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/yoma-addonsync2009

I had the same problem with Six updater. Just uninstall the fail program and move on the Yoma.

Please refrain from calling a good program "a fail program". I'm pretty sure AddonSync will also not work for at least *some* people. Downtalking the hard work of one of this community's finest members doesn't help anyone.

Edited by Yoma

Yup, you need to make one.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

That's how my Steam folder is set up at least.

:yay:YES! Oh yes! it works!:bounce3:

I had to create the userconfig folder.

Thanks alot mate, now i can join the ACE generation!

I have bought OA yesterday, dowloaded ACE 1.5 Stable and Started Combined Operation. When trying the Training mission Shooting Range I encountered a serious Problem.

I was unable to destroy the Tank Targets with the javelin. I didn´t have time to see if this is really related to ACE, so could someone confirm this?

I have bought OA yesterday, dowloaded ACE 1.5 Stable and Started Combined Operation. When trying the Training mission Shooting Range I encountered a serious Problem.

I was unable to destroy the Tank Targets with the javelin. I didn´t have time to see if this is really related to ACE, so could someone confirm this?

I got this problem.

Suggest that play the Boot camp without ACE.

The Zeroing system from default OA is much convenient to use when on shooting range.

There have been bugs with the FGM-148 Javelin. When Locked on and Fire upon Thirdperson view, the Tanks [not targets but tanks like T-72] wont kinda be destroyed.

Please refrain from calling a good program "a fail program". I'm pretty sure AddonSync will also not work for at least *some* people. Downtalking the hard work of one of this community's finest members doesn't help anyone.

Neither does their _total_ lack of support on the matter. At least I provided Danny some sort of solution.

Something has happened to my account at DevHeaven as I can't login anymore and it doesn't recognize my email address as valid, although it is. I've never posted there so maybe I got scrubbed?

Neither does their _total_ lack of support on the matter. At least I provided Danny some sort of solution.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+support

Sadly, sickboy isn't on bif anymore to provide support here, partly because of people complaining out of hand about things they don't care to research.

In any case: Drop it.

If danny96 or anyone else needs more help he can use the issue tracker, or he can change to addonsync, his choice.

Edited by VKing

Yes, no more complaining. If you want support use the issue tracker! Plain and simple! And stated a thousand times in the ACE2 threads.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+support

Sadly, sickboy isn't on bif anymore to provide support here, partly because of people complaining out of hand about things they don't care to research.

In any case: Drop it.

If danny96 or anyone else needs more help he can use the issue tracker, or he can change to addonsync, his choice.

Drop it? I am sorry, but the point here was to help out a fellow player with his addon problem - not to feel sorry if my personal opinion about Six updater steps on someone's toes.

If sickboy doesn't like being here, that is his choice. Well, I don't like to surf around DevHell (gives me shivers everytime I find myself there). So, each to his own I guess. I'm sure most members here are old enough to know the story about the opinions.. just accept it - don't try to boss around it.

For those wanting to play ACE for A2 missions (made with v1.3) that might not be aware, the Backwards Compat file exists to save the day.

@ACE_A2_Compat

Provides for ArmA 2 OA: Combined Ops users, together with ACEX, ACEX_USNavy and ACEX_RU, full compatibility to ACE for A2 Missions.

- Mirrors for download

Also on

- SIX Updater

Well, I don't like to surf around DevHell (gives me shivers everytime I find myself there)

Yeah, dev-heaven is really hard to use, one click to create a ticket, hard as hell... or using the search textbox, also allmost impossible...

It's much better to make posts in a forum which nobody recognizes.

We need more people like you, cabby, your so called fail program works for me and thousand others for more than a year now without any problems.

And people wonder why many respected com members avoid or leave BIF.

Xeno

We need more people like you, cabby, your so called fail program works for me and thousand others for more than a year now without any problems.

*sigh* ..and obviously we need less touchy community developers. :thumbsup:

cabby77 its good to have choice isnt it? Imagine you are forced to use this "fail launcher" and now imagine Sickboy made a blacklist including "cabby77"... :whistle:

Next time do respect other people work - no matter if you are able to use it or not.

cabby77 its good to have choice isnt it?

I agree with you 100%. But what I "fail" to understand is that some people here do find the time to bash my opinions about Six updater, but don't care to use the same time to provide any other help than -> "Don't use Bis forums, developers ain't reading this, Use DevHeaven."

It is just to me at least, BiS forums are the main source of information about their games, mods, etc. - discuss about them and share information. I care to believe that it is the same for many others too. In that light, blaming its members/readers for making community developers to take a hike is down right selfish and stupid.

I agree with you 100%. But what I "fail" to understand is that some people here do find the time to bash my opinions about Six updater, but don't care to use the same time to provide any other help than -> "Don't use Bis forums, developers ain't reading this, Use DevHeaven."

It is just to me at least, BiS forums are the main source of information about their games, mods, etc. - discuss about them and share information. I care to believe that it is the same for many others too. In that light, blaming its members/readers for making community developers to take a hike is down right selfish and stupid.

You have to see the big picture... some months ago, when there was a new ACE Topic (due to a new stable release), it had 10 pages in an hour full of bug reports. No one, with anything other to do would go through 10 pages just to seek for some bugreports. Every big mod uses DevHeaven as a location to collect all bug reports and give feedback about those.

The owner of DevHeaven supports with his system the whole community. Same as SixUpdater. Its a nice and uncomplicated tool to update all the big mods, which works extremly fine. And whoever doesnt like it, there is still Yoma or the normal Stable releases.

IMHO its a little bit :thumbsdown: to complain about those who invested so many hours of their lives for no fee or a salary, just because you have a different opinion. If you want to tell your opinion, dont get offensive and try it with a good feedback. :)

If the developer whishes all bugreports on a supplied site, then so be it. His work, his choices.

Hope nothing of my text is somehow offensive. Wasnt ment to be.

I think it would be great to let it be and concentrate on the todays release :)

Nice weekend.

Edited by swissMAG

You have to see the big picture... some months ago, when there was a new ACE Topic (due to a new stable release), it had 10 pages in an hour full of bug reports. No one, with anything other to do would go through 10 pages just to seek for some bugreports. Every big mod uses DevHeaven as a location to collect all bug reports and give feedback about those.

The owner of DevHeaven supports with his system the whole community. Same as SixUpdater. Its a nice and uncomplicated tool to update all the big mods, which works extremly fine. And whoever doesnt like it, there is still Yoma or the normal Stable releases.

IMHO its a little bit :thumbsdown: to complain about those who invested so many hours of their lives for no fee or a salary, just because you have a different opinion. If you want to tell your opinion, dont get offensive and try it with a good feedback. :)

If the developer whishes all bugreports on a supplied site, then so be it. His work, his choices.

Hope nothing of my text is somehow offensive. Wasnt ment to be.

I think it would be great to let it be and concentrate on the todays release :)

Nice weekend.

Wow well put!

Anyways, back to today's update:

* Gear in dropped rucks completely accessible. [tcp]
h3. Added

* M16A2 and Mk12 models by RobertHammer [q1184]

Fantastic!!! :yay: :yay:

Thanks fellas!

Edited by Manzilla

From the changelog in the @ACE folder.

It's not "officially" up for another 30 minutes but they usually start uploading the stuff earlier. As of now I only have the ACE2 update but more builds my be uploaded. I don't suggest trying to play like this cause it's not actually the complete update yet. I just do it cause I like to see what they did in the changelog as early as possible. A little strange maybe but luckily I trade stocks from home all day so it's a nice easy to just click the SixUpdater Console and see if I catch anything early.

ah, yeah I knew about that, I thought they updated the WAGN and I couldn't see it yet lol.

..I "fail" ...selfish and stupid.
fixed, and now on to my ignore list.

Awesome stuff, on the packs! and the guys doing backward compatible

thx for the update :)

"ace_a2_backwards_compat.pbo" is no longer part of the package ?

does this mean it's obsolete ?

EDIT: downloaded via six updater

Edited by langgis08

"ace_a2_backwards_compat.pbo" is no longer part of the package ?

does this mean it's obsolete ?

Just read the first sentence of the changelog :)

Xeno

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

Mod _____________Version

@ACE____________402

@ACEX___________275

@ACEX_RU________9

@ACEX_USNavy____10

@ACEX_SM________64

@CBA____________127

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

If wish to use the 1.5 stable release you can still download from our ACE stable YAS repo, all ACE folders have _1.5 at the end including CBA and CBA_OA. You can find the links in the spoiler:

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_CO_ACE_1.5.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/OA_ACE/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

UGAF is actively using the ACE updates on its game servers.

Edited by G-Man-853