Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Hi,

I've recently installed the Ace mod packs and have them running correctly I think. The trouble is there seems to be a conflict with some functions. Binos and command cross shows no distance/range any more and the rifle sight Zeroing function has gone. Info on my map shows the CBA key binding but none of them function either.

I have the ace user config file in my arma 2 root and left it unedited except for the profile name of course.

I have the Steam version of Arma2 and OA, my startup parameters look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\_runA2CO.cmd" -nosplash -showscripterrors -mod=;@CBA;@ACE;@ACX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU

There's no posts at client start up showing any errors and I have the full list of ACE inventory in my armoury.

Any help would be gratefully received,

Thanks SJ

PS. I've searched the forums at length but have found no info that'll help with my specific problem.

Edit: Versions, CBA_v0-6-0.123, ACE_1.5.1.399,ACE_X_v1.5.1.272, ACEX_RU_v1.5.1.6, ACEX_USNavy_v1.5.1.7, ACEX_SM_v1.5.1.60

Edited by SimonJames

Both of these issues are by design and not an error. In the ACE mod, determining the distance is done using either the rangefinder or the laser designator. The command cross and binoculars will not show the distance. Notice how also, by default, the crosshair is disabled when you use the mod.

The zeroing in has also been replaced — rifles that offer scopes with that ability can be zeroed-in using SHIFT+V by default.

Consult the ACE documentation for more information on these and other issues.

Edited by eViLsTieFel

Both of these issues are by design and not an error. In the ACE mod, determining the distance is done using either the rangefinder or the laser designator. The command cross and binoculars will not show the distance. Notice how also, by default, the crosshair is disabled when you use the mod.

The zeroing in has also been replaced — rifles that offer scopes with that ability can be zeroed-in using SHIFT+V by default.

Gotcha, thanks a lot:o

I just downloaded the stable 1.5 Release for Combined OPS. There was no Userconfig included, where can i download it for the stable version? I allready searched on the ACE2 BIKI Page, cant find it. Thank you..!

I tried ACE on combined Ops, but can not get it to run.

Im using steam, what about you?

I tried ACE on combined Ops, but can not get it to run.

Im using steam, what about you?

Assuming you have all the ACE files extracted to the right directories you can make a short cut to the _runA2CO windows command script and add the start up parameters there.

It's the only way I've found to launch mods, I can't get SIX Updater or addonsync to recognise I have CO with steam at the moment. I'm sure there's a way tho, just gonna have to play around a little more.

Thanks AnimalMother92, much appreciated.:)

No prob.

Assuming you have all the ACE files extracted to the right directories you can make a short cut to the _runA2CO windows command script and add the start up parameters there.

It's the only way I've found to launch mods, I can't get SIX Updater or addonsync to recognise I have CO with steam at the moment. I'm sure there's a way tho, just gonna have to play around a little more.

SIX updater now has a preset for CO. I have both games from Steam and it works fine. I'd also recommend using a mod launcher for starting CO with mods/beta etc.

Will ACE 2 1.5 work along with zeus_ace and high dispersion mod?

I'm using some of the PBOs from the latest Zeus AI and it works fine, can't comment on the HD mod.

~

Another fairly recent feature, that some might not know about:

Quick weapon selection

This system addresses the "have to cycle through all your grenades-muzzles-satchels to get to the desired weapon/mode" issue.

Weapons/muzzles can now be selected by custom keys, while the 'F' key is limited to switching modes for the currently selected weapon (or grenade/satchel types).

Additionally a non-intrusive "safety" mode is implemented.

There are five custom keys which allow you to quickly select one of the five main "weapons":

• Safety
  • Rifle/Pistol (whichever is in hands now)
  • Underbarrel GL
  • Throwable items (grenades etc)
  • Placeable items (mines etc)

Once the "weapon" is selected, you can use the 'F' key to cycle through its fire modes (if it's a firearm) or grenade/mine types if it's either Throw or Put weapon.

Some more good info, if you want to stay informed.

Latest news and RSS feeds

twitter-icon-big.png

Follow ACE on Twitter!

SIX updater now has a preset for CO. I have both games from Steam and it works fine. I'd also recommend using a mod launcher for starting CO with mods/beta etc.

Really?

can you recomend one and I'll try it out. :)

I use SpiritedMachine's launcher. It's jolly awesome :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Cheers mate, i tried that app, it is indeed rather good!

However,i still cant load ACE. :cry2:

Keeps telling me it cant find the "ace_clientside_config.hpp" file.

and it is DEFFINETLY there/ I had to get out of the ZIP and everything.

It's stored here;

C:\Users\Stegman>"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp"

I know this isnt waht the instructions say, but that's where steam creates the \userconfig\ folder.

I would have thought it should go into the OA folder to be honest, but that doesnt have a userconfig folder.

I had to create the ACE folder, is that right??

Hey I've got a question for the ACE devs: how the hell did you get any changes to the T55 and it's D-10 to "stick"? In this thread I've been trying to make some changes to the T55 and the D10, but it seems that the game is ignoring changes that I make :(

Just quoting this incase it's been missed.

Just quoting this incase it's been missed.

A lot of the devs don't read the forum. Please make a "Support" ticket on our issue tracker for assistance.

Hi i have a little problem: Im unable to deploy static weapon i use right windows keys the only thing append is CSW menu with the option enter in the weapon no option like before. Someone can help me with that pls. Thank you

Shouldn't it be in your arma 2 operation arrowhead Steam folder? That's where mine resides.

Thats what i was thinking!

But my ArrowHead directory doesn't have a userconfig folder. odd eh?

I'm going to create the folder myself tonight and see how that plays out.

I'll feed back.

A lot of the devs don't read the forum. Please make a "Support" ticket on our issue tracker for assistance.

Did this, got awesome help literally within 10mins, and now my mod works! AAA+! would use again :P

Thats what i was thinking!

But my ArrowHead directory doesn't have a userconfig folder. odd eh?

I'm going to create the folder myself tonight and see how that plays out.

I'll feed back.

Yup, you need to make one.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

That's how my Steam folder is set up at least.

Did this, got awesome help literally within 10mins, and now my mod works! AAA+! would use again :P

Great to hear!

Dev-Heaven + Wave power :yay:

Hello) who knows the answer please! :confused:

I reinstalled my Windows and This time I installed first ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead and next ARMA 2

And now i have two folders inside the folder Bohemia Interactive:

ARMA 2

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Question: If I run Six Updater - GUI I downloaded the ACE for ARMA 2 Or for ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead ? I need for Operation Arrowhead!!! :)

(Sorry for bad English)

Hey. You installed in the wrong direction... You need to install Arma2 first, then when you install OA you will be asked if you want a combined installation = Combined Arms. After that, the OA is in the arma2 folder under expansion. But if you want this, this way, you would have to use the ACE OA Standalone Version with the CBA OA Standalone.

A question regards Fast Roping:

Is this system operatable at the moment? I tried many times to use it and i never get the useraction menu for it? Could somebody explaine to me how to do it?

When i add fast roping and sling loading to a 3rd party addon, can i use a mempoint insteat of the normal coordinates? Those coordinates semms not to be the same as the on ein O2...

Thanks

Best regards

A question regards Fast Roping:

Is this system operatable at the moment? I tried many times to use it and i never get the useraction menu for it? Could somebody explaine to me how to do it?

Always worked fine :S, just stay static with the heli and one of the passenger( NOT GUNNERS!, only passengers can fastrope) can deploy it via mousewhell menu, if they have the rope in their inventory.

Tryed it now and worked of course... :D Thanks

Six updater doesn't work.

When I run the Six updater it just loading and then it crash and the website said that the connection was aborted and Six updater window (ruby.exe) just crash. Anyone knows how to fix It i want to update ACE right now but i cannot!

Six updater doesn't work.

When I run the Six updater it just loading and then it crash and the website said that the connection was aborted and Six updater window (ruby.exe) just crash. Anyone knows how to fix It i want to update ACE right now but i cannot!

Danny, try Yoma's addon sync 2009. You can download it from here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/yoma-addonsync2009

I had the same problem with Six updater. Just uninstall the fail program and move on the Yoma.