Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Why there is no preset for Arma2 standalone - ACE2 in SixUpdater? ... because they are "tied" to AO, which I dont have. Second question - is v1.5 only for AO? Are Arma2 guys left with 1.3 for good?

Drop the $30, it's totally worth it. It'll even make your A2 run better. :)

I have decided to keep all happy by creating a new YAS repo and server for ACE updates and keep the old servers and repos on stable releases.

The new details are as follows:

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

Mod _____________Version

@ACE____________400

@ACEX___________273

@ACEX_RU________7

@ACEX_USNavy____8

@ACEX_SM________61

@CBA____________124

Also unpacked the ace_a2_backwards_compat to a new folder @ace_a2_backwards_compat

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

Sorry to all those who use our YAS it took me a while to decide what i was going to do.

Guys, when I fire the M107 why is there no dust particle effect [AKA Recoil dust]? Instead of that, the dust appear 10m infront of me?? It happen same when I'm the gunner of M1A2 Tusk [All MBTs same]

There should be a fire ball appearing when firing 120mm Cannon, but the flame seems to appear further away in mid air instead at the Tip of the cannon where the 120mm round leaves.

Seems that the particles are out of positioning

Can someone confirm this? Im running OA Standalone with ZeusAI, 4 PROPER ADDONs By Kju, latest CBA and CBA_OA

Thanks!

Edit 1:

Dust Particle appear near the crosshair [M107 .50 cal]

5itbi.jpg

Same For Accuracy International AS50

5ioc0.jpg

Edit 2: The Big Compass in Map is abit annoying

5gwYi.jpg

Double-clicked

5gVUJ.jpg

Edited by avengerzx

ThX for the great MOD ACE TEAM~

I'm running CO + BAF v1.54 with ACE 1.5

The god mode doesn't work when I put to unit's init:

this addEventHandler ["handleDamage", { false }];

Men still die when get shot.....hahaha

is it a bug and how do i fix it?

thx~

ThX for the great MOD ACE TEAM~

I'm running CO + BAF v1.54 with ACE 1.5

The god mode doesn't work when I put to unit's init:

this addEventHandler ["handleDamage", { false }];

Men still die when get shot.....hahaha

is it a bug and how do i fix it?

thx~

I guess it's because of the ACE wounds system. See here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System+notes

These variables are assignable to specific units via setVariable.

ace_w_allow_dam ACE-aware equivalent of allowDamage. Controls whether a unit can take damage or not.

Boolean. true - unit can be damaged.

Default. false - unit cannot be damaged by normal means.

Might help, never tried it :rolleyes:

ok, I finally learned how to use all kinds of ATGM except one.

how do you lock targets with HellFire 114-L? The guide says you just lock enemy like stock Arma2 does (tab), but my missiles never hit their targets...

They miss or they don't track at all?

If tab-locking fails, select the cannon and use the RMB to lock on a target, then switch to the -L and wait for lock (beeping) then fire.

I guess it's because of the ACE wounds system. See here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System+notes

Might help, never tried it :rolleyes:

sorry but how do i make it work?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

haha......it works:

1.ACE Wound system module

2. to unit init: this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam", false];

Thx AnimalMother92

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

AI Planes with LGB(AV8B, A-10) don't drop bombs on IR strobe I throw :(

It doesn't track at all.

I used both way and didn't hear the beeping sound.

Hey, Mine tracked the target but the targeting sign is different from Default OA has.

My Conclusion

By default, when locked on it shows a Square and a Circle and beeping sound

but with ACE 1.5, it shows a Diamond and a Square + without beeping sound but the AI gunner automatically Lase the target even though the AGM-114L is a Fire and Forget missile

The AGM-114L hits the target but it's fly route is weird [It goes Up and then Down] and the percentage of hitting the target is quite low about 35-65%.

Edited by avengerzx

Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b400 ACE2 1.5 Stable Update-1

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.5Betas

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Hey, Mine tracked the target but the targeting sign is different from Default OA has.

My Conclusion

but with ACE 1.5, it shows a Diamond and a Square + without beeping sound but the AI gunner automatically Lase the target even though the AGM-114L is a Fire and Forget missile

The AGM-114L hits the target but it's fly route is weird [It goes Up and then Down] and the percentage of hitting the target is quite low about 35-65%.

I experienced that weird route as well, but more often the hellfire just hug the ground, way off from the target...

Guys what do think about adding AKM with GP-25 to the mod ? Would be nice to have it on RUS and INS side.

Any chance the UGAF will be added to the default servers on Yoma's? It would make it much easier to explain to new players how to download and update ACE.

Is there an aradd for the vip strobe that flashes less bright on the player to attach to ai units or is it only "ace_sys_irstrobe_aradd"? Theres no ace_sys_irstrobe_vip_aradd?

Are all the sound files for ACE_SM actually stored in its Addons folder? I look at the file sizes and the vast majority seem way too compact for complex audio. So if I delete that folder am I leaving files behind somewhere else?

Can't update from YAS.

Getting "The operation has timed out"

Failed Pilot IA in a Cobra helicopter: eg

Gunner player ... IA is the pilot ... =Player Gunner lase active missile and the pilot responds as if the enemy was pointing the lase at helicopter and move position the Helicopter. :confused:

sorry my English is not good. thanks

Edit:

My Conclusion

Edited by Metralla

I meant when you are the pilot of AH-64D while the AI is the gunner, You are enabled with "Fire Control" also known as Manual Fire by default. We fired AGM-114L Hellfire which was suppose to be a Radar Locked, Fire and Forget Missile which was NOT supposed to be Lased like the AGM-114K Variant of the Hellfire Missile.

Edited by avengerzx

I saw that there was a ticket for laser designators on Russian planes. A clanmate and I were flying the Su-34 and we tried to acquire some targets and destroy them.

The problem was that when turning on the designator, 9 out of 10 times it would say that distance was either too high or too low, whilst this was not the case. We followed the guidelines here but it still appeared to be completely random.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolai

Edited by Nicolai

i edited my ingame name into:

\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp

no RPT errors or anything, still no options on actionmenu for earplugs or anything.

any ideas?

any toughts?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

found the problem.

even tho i dont US keyboard. editing self interaction helped

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 219; // app

shift = 0;

};